For Flight Attendants

ATL IS MY HOME.... What is the last RESERVE HIRE DAY also whats the most senior mama/papa for ATL/and last line holder :unsure:

ALso what is JFK look like? :blink:
Well, everyone is a lineholder. The only people who don't sit reserve are the top 20% of seniority in each base. Everyone else either has 3,6,or 9 days of reserve each month. In NYC, my seniority (almost 14 years) has 3 days per month. If I was in ATL, it would be 6 days. Now, on those days you can request a trip from open time if you see one you want. Or, you can just sit reserve and take your chances. You can also swap your reserve days with someone else for different days or for a trip. We've only had this system for a year and a half; some love it, some hate it. Most are indifferent. I have a friend in ATL with a DEC 1998 hire date who has 9 reserve days per month. But, she flies a ton of Int'l, if that's what you like.
Hope this helps.

Well, everyone is a lineholder. The only people who don't sit reserve are the top 20% of seniority in each base. Everyone else either has 3,6,or 9 days of reserve each month.

I wonder if our worthless nego committee is reading this? I think this would be a great scenario for US...especially those poor pit f/as with 20 years on reserve!!!!!

WAKE UP US AIRWAYS AFA!!!!!

I wonder if our worthless nego committee is reading this? I think this would be a great scenario for US...especially those poor pit f/as with 20 years on reserve!!!!!

WAKE UP US AIRWAYS AFA!!!!!

Ditto!!!

I personally would stay in CLT unless I could hold a line in ATL. From what I understand Delta f/a do not fly the entire trip with the pilots the way we do. Is this a good thing? Does it make for better trips being able to switch aircraft types thoughout the trip?

Well we like our pilots.

West does not stay with their pilots either. This is why they can mix a/c on trips. I don't like mixed a/c but, it allows the f/a's to work like dogs. Are you sure we will continue to stay with ours or go it like the west....alone???

Ok, all the merger talk is getting a little dry. So, for fun, let's say we do merge. Where would everyone like to be based? If they kept all of the same bases as now, that would leave us with bases in:
NYC,BOS,CLT,ATL,CVG,PHL,PIT,PHX,LAS,SLC,MCO,HNL,SEA,SAN,DCA,SFO,TPA,
FLL, and LAX. I've included our satellite bases as well. Whew! Let me know if I forgot any.

I'd pick PHX-I'm ready for warm weather!

I would have done this as a "poll" but, I admit I don't know how! :)

The Big ATL!! Cause I Live Here!! :up: :up:

Well, everyone is a lineholder. The only people who don't sit reserve are the top 20% of seniority in each base. Everyone else either has 3,6,or 9 days of reserve each month. In NYC, my seniority (almost 14 years) has 3 days per month. If I was in ATL, it would be 6 days. Now, on those days you can request a trip from open time if you see one you want. Or, you can just sit reserve and take your chances. You can also swap your reserve days with someone else for different days or for a trip. We've only had this system for a year and a half; some love it, some hate it. Most are indifferent. I have a friend in ATL with a DEC 1998 hire date who has 9 reserve days per month. But, she flies a ton of Int'l, if that's what you like.
Hope this helps.

NYCDelta: My Partner Is A 10 Yearer Here In ATL and He Only Has 3 A-Days..

The Big ATL!! Cause I Live Here!! :up: :up:
NYCDelta: My Partner Is A 10 Yearer Here In ATL and He Only Has 3 A-Days..

Oh great, then it's gotten better! I think about a year ago, it was 6 days. At any rate, I'm not based in ATL, so I'm not sure of their specifics. Does he like the new bidding system better?

West does not stay with their pilots either. This is why they can mix a/c on trips. I don't like mixed a/c but, it allows the f/a's to work like dogs. Are you sure we will continue to stay with ours or go it like the west....alone???

That's exactly why they do it. Better utilization.

Does he like the new bidding system better?

Do F/As at DL build their own lines of flying each month? I seem to remember someone at some point saying DL went to this system and they liked it. We on the east agreed to it, but the company has never implemented it. I sure wish they would. It would fix a whole lot of problems in this broken system of ours.

Do F/As at DL build their own lines of flying each month? I seem to remember someone at some point saying DL went to this system and they liked it. We on the east agreed to it, but the company has never implemented it. I sure wish they would. It would fix a whole lot of problems in this broken system of ours.

The trips are still constructed by scheduling. We no longer have "lines" where you see the whole month what you're doing. We put preferences in the computer; i.e. high or low time, days off/on, trip preferences, etc. So, the line you receive may have different trips on it. It works well for the company since they started day-of-the week cancellations for certain flights. We apparantly have "bid assists" in the bases because the new system still confuses some people. I'm a leave-of-absence "addict", having taken almost 5 years of leaves during my 14 year career, so I'm sure there are others on here much more well-versed on the bidding system than I. I'm off until June 1st!

Thanks for the info. It sounds a whole lot like the system
(preferential bidding) we agreed to but the company has yet to implement. Everyone picks trips from a database of all trips available for the month. Every trip is available. Flight Attendants bid/build their lines of flying based on preferences and parameters. What is a good trip for one F/A is not always considered a good trip to another. It's all about personal choice, ofcourse in seniority order. In theory, every F/A will have a line with at least some trips they're willing to fly. Sounds a whole lot better than the messed up bid sheet and SAP systems we have now.

Hello all, I've been lurking here for years, but this is my first post. NYCDelta, while you've been out enjoying your leaves :up: , they've changed the ADYS a bit. Now everyone that has them only has three. That bumped the seniority with ADYS up a bit. I think it's about 28 years in ATL and 16 years in NYC. They did something weird this month in NYC only that gives the top bunch of leadership qualified folks no ADYS at all (that had them before) as some sort of reward/incentive for leadership training. I guess a lot of people dropped their quals since they were getting reverse assigned "A" domestic instead of the international regular they could hold. It didn't go over well, so we'll see if it sticks. They also made open time instantaneous, rather than running it at midnight every night. People seem to like it (especially junior folks).

The preferential bidding has been a godsend for most of us, and the initial fear/hate is all but gone. The only drawback to it really is in a vacation month. With lines, you could stretch a 7 day vacation to 21 days by dropping trips that touched your vacation. With the new system, if you're not careful, it will slam a trip right up to your vacation. You have to burn a high point value around your vacation rather than on specific trips or other stuff in the month.

Back to lurk mode,

Hello all, I've been lurking here for years, but this is my first post. NYCDelta, while you've been out enjoying your leaves :up: , they've changed the ADYS a bit. Now everyone that has them only has three. That bumped the seniority with ADYS up a bit. I think it's about 28 years in ATL and 16 years in NYC. They did something weird this month in NYC only that gives the top bunch of leadership qualified folks no ADYS at all (that had them before) as some sort of reward/incentive for leadership training. I guess a lot of people dropped their quals since they were getting reverse assigned "A" domestic instead of the international regular they could hold. It didn't go over well, so we'll see if it sticks. They also made open time instantaneous, rather than running it at midnight every night. People seem to like it (especially junior folks).

The preferential bidding has been a godsend for most of us, and the initial fear/hate is all but gone. The only drawback to it really is in a vacation month. With lines, you could stretch a 7 day vacation to 21 days by dropping trips that touched your vacation. With the new system, if you're not careful, it will slam a trip right up to your vacation. You have to burn a high point value around your vacation rather than on specific trips or other stuff in the month.

Back to lurk mode,

Thanks for the update. That explains alot. I was wondering why my seniority in NYC 2 years ago had no A-DAYS and now we have 3. So everyone has 3! I think that's wonderful. I don't think anyone should be stuck on reserve for years IMHO.