For the IAM...

----------------
On 8/31/2002 1:49:06 AM

Cav:

This whole mess makes me sick too. It is not above Siegel to play hard ball because he has to, whether it's to the lessors, ALPA, the TWU, CWA, the IAM, or anybody else.

I believe it's not coincidental the company announced specific schedule changes and furloughs the day after the restructuring agreement was not ratified.

However, I understand there is some CWA progress and the IAM and company resumed negotiations yesterday (Thursday), immediately after the vote result. Apparently, receipt and dispatch was a big mechanic issue in regard to productivity and the parties are trying to work things out, because neither party wants to go to court on September 10.

I'm hopeful a suitable deal can be obtained for the CWA and IAM.

Chip

----------------
according to the IAM 141m web page, no negotiations are scheduled as of 8/30

The IAM still doesn't get it!!!! We want an agreement, but one that satisfies the memebership, not the Union! Get rid of the pension payment by the company, the work rules, the IAM $1.25 million payment, and the IAM board seat, and in return give us our vacation, and some cash in the terms of wages, you have a deal. What color is the sky in the IAM's world anyway?

It is my understanding the company set a value of $2.00 per hour per mechanic(all mechanics)for dispatch & receipt.Give it to them!I'd rather have the money in my check.Wake up IAM your supposed to be representing the best intrests of the majority,not the minority.

----------------
On 8/31/2002 2:34:27 PM

It is my understanding the company set a value of $2.00 per hour per mechanic(all mechanics)for dispatch & receipt.Give it to them!I'd rather have the money in my check.Wake up IAM your supposed to be representing the best intrests of the majority,not the minority.
----------------

Hey Fixer, they get it.

Pushbacks are jobs. Jobs equal dues. Being paid $2.00 an hour less will have less financial impact on the Unions "dues income", than less jobs being paid "slightly" more.

And to be fair, saving jobs is a legitimate function of the union. We just object to diminishing class and craft as the price of the process.

Latest posts