For the Poll-Bashers

Kind of funny...good humor at best.

So...on a good day one of your polls called around 1500 Americans....out of 295,734,134.
If my math is correct.....it represents the opinion of some 0.000507212% of American voters...now take out half that out of kindness for non registered/non voting Americans ...you still have 0.000010144% of Americans represented by your polls.... :lol:

looks pretty convincing for a Lib.... ;)

So...on a good day one of your polls called around 1500 Americans....out of 295,734,134.
If my math is correct.....it represents the opinion of some 0.000507212% of American voters...now take out half that out of kindness for non registered/non voting Americans ...you still have 0.000010144% of Americans represented by your polls.... :lol:

Dell,

Have you ever taken a probability and Statistics course?

Random sampling does not go by exact % of population. Doesn't matter how many are polled, random sampling is a scientific method for figuring out probabilities of whatever you are sampling to occur. If you increase the %of population randomly sampled, the outcome will yeild the same results with a small margin of error.

Dell,

Random sampling does not go by exact % of population. Doesn't matter how many are polled, random sampling is a scientific method for figuring out probabilities of whatever you are sampling to occur. If you increase the %of population randomly sampled, the outcome will yeild the same results with a small margin of error.

No, no, Pitbull. Science and statistics were invented by the devil and probably Jimmy Carter. Just b/c using statistics and sampling techniques has been a PROVEN science doesn't mean we should believe it. How can we believe it if Bush doesn't tell us to?

And Dell- If you'll notice and read a little bit, these are polls from both sides of the aisle. some are supposed to be "unbiased" and some are supposed to be biased in that list. I didn't pitch them as representing the truth...but I did present them as representing all different angles. I didn't got out to a GOP Blog like one of the cut-and-pasters does here but rather went to a site that pulls in all of these polls. Multiple viewpoints :shock:

PB,

You should know better. You used a dirty word for this crowd - SCIENTIFIC. Of course they mock polling. They do that to anything "SCIENTIFIC".

Aeroman hit it on the head...

The only poll that matters is the one we'll get a week from tonight.

Dell,

Ahh just like those famous exit polls? :lol:

Ahh just like those famous exit polls?

Exit polls have never been very accurate b/c you're approaching people about their choices out in public. People will tell you whatever due to the environment and they are often not truthful about how they voted. SCIENTIFIC polls, however, use real stats to determine how large the polled population needs to be and based on that, they come up with a margin of error. Again...since you obviously have no clue what statistics is, maybe you are in the wrong argument. AGAIN...I showed everybody's polls...even GOP polls...it wasn't a democrat thing so don't try the "biased" argument. As I've said in another thread, it is an old and tired retort that is not relevant. Hell...you even use it when I post both sides. Real credible.

Tell me how many lied? :lol:

They call me,i'm voting for kerry..... :lol:

Wonder how many idiots actually tell how they intend to

vote....thats my business and my business only.

Exit polls have never been very accurate b/c you're approaching people about their choices out in public. People will tell you whatever due to the environment and they are often not truthful about how they voted. SCIENTIFIC polls, however, use real stats to determine how large the polled population needs to be and based on that, they come up with a margin of error. Again...since you obviously have no clue what statistics is, maybe you are in the wrong argument. AGAIN...I showed everybody's polls...even GOP polls...it wasn't a democrat thing so don't try the "biased" argument. As I've said in another thread, it is an old and tired retort that is not relevant. Hell...you even use it when I post both sides. Real credible.

Never mentioned any bias....you brought it up...Dude B)

Realise both sides were represented....duh....

About your exit polls.....

Never mentioned any bias....you brought it up...Dude B)

What was this?
If my math is correct.....it represents the opinion of some 0.000507212% of American voters...now take out half that out of kindness for non registered/non voting Americans ...you still have 0.000010144% of Americans represented by your polls.... laugh.gif

looks pretty convincing for a Lib.... wink.gif

You are aware that both parties not to mention damn near every major corporation that produces anything for sale to the general public uses polls to gauge reaction to their product right? And of course you are aware of the massive amounts of money poured into polling right?

I took a statistics class in college and they are remarkably accurate most of the time.

except when driven by political agendas and skewed to one side or the other as they usually are when a media type get involved. ;)

Too much a cross section to accurately predict.....

Statistics and probabilities bear this out:

And I can find you articles that say other wise. The end result is still the same. Politicians, corporations and the like pour hundreds of thousands of dollars in to polls. Those conducted by papers or magazines may have an agenda. The corporations and politicians want them to be as accurate as possible because their company or their career may depend on it.

I found it interesting that CNN Gallup polls are considered more favorable to republicans. Wasn’t it you who said the media is liberal biased?

And I can find you articles that say other wise. The end result is still the same. Politicians, corporations and the like pour hundreds of thousands of dollars in to polls. Those conducted by papers or magazines may have an agenda. The corporations and politicians want them to be as accurate as possible because their company or their career may depend on it.

I found it interesting that CNN Gallup polls are considered more favorable to republicans. Wasn’t it you who said the media is liberal biased?

Well explain how ABC News got the exit polling so wrong in 2004? Exit polling, when done correctly, is almost impossible to get a false snapshot yet ABC News managed to blow the exit polling in 2004 not just once but six times. How is it they could do that without actually trying to manipulate the data and cook the story as well as the outcome of the election?

Back