Forced Majeure

Didn''t Siegel just say yesterday that the 5% deferral in pay would be enough and we had already cut down to the bare bones? I understand International taking a hit but to go through parking aircraft and furloughing people when we cut back so drastic already seems knee jerk.

----------------
On 3/20/2003 8:06:04 PM USAirBoyA330 wrote:

Didn''t Siegel just say yesterday that the 5% deferral in pay would be enough and we had already cut down to the bare bones? I understand International taking a hit but to go through parking aircraft and furloughing people when we cut back so drastic already seems knee jerk.

----------------​

I sincerly hope you are right.

Baret4

I know that management is getting ready the 5% pay deferral (pay cut) and the paper work that goes along with that as we speak.

I have heard rumors that the company is looking to reduce fleet if the war is sustaining, and that International flying may be pulled from CLW and PIW, and only flown out of PHW.

This would cause additional furloughs.
14.gif

I would expect to see almost every airline cut back yet again. Some rumors even have Southwest temporarily pulling down some capacity.

I don't know, but is our Industry the only industry that is being effected by a war event?

I don't hear anything about the car rental industry, hotel/entertainment industry, and I don't hear about other profound layoffs in any other industry. Telemarketing? Insurance? communication? Tech? Retail? Utilities? Biotech? Healthcare?

Am I living in a vacume?
10.gif

dave has said he "may have to cut 5% and has said there will be no flight reductions.those are the facts as we speak at least

----------------
On 3/20/2003 8:07:58 PM PITbull wrote:

I don''t know, but is our Industry the only industry that is being effected by a war event?

I don''t hear anything about the car rental industry, hotel/entertainment industry, and I don''t hear about other profound layoffs in any other industry. Telemarketing? Insurance? communication? Tech? Retail? Utilities? Biotech? Healthcare?

Am I living in a vacume?

----------------​

Yes.

The travel industry in general will pull down in the event that the way drags on. The difference is, of course, that most of these (hotels and most rental car firms) are not in bankruptcy already or trying to emerge.

Other industries took it in the teeth before 9/11, so it''s impact was not as severe. I can assure you, however, that there is no safe industry to be in right now (except possibly in service of country or government), and that the entire economy is in the tank. It''s not just US management and their black helicopters circling the union halls.....

Hey Mr.CEO "bugsy"

Give back the $35 Million you gave to Wolf and Gangwal.How about the $6 Million you gave to keep your so called great management team.That is $41 Million gone down the drain !!All you ailrline ceo''s make me sick.

----------------
On 3/20/2003 8:07:58 PM PITbull wrote:

I don''t know, but is our Industry the only industry that is being effected by a war event?

I don''t hear anything about the car rental industry, hotel/entertainment industry, and I don''t hear about other profound layoffs in any other industry. Telemarketing? Insurance? communication? Tech? Retail? Utilities? Biotech? Healthcare?

Am I living in a vacume?

----------------​
Yea,
You are living in a VACUM, Where have you been for the last 1 1/2 years ? Every segment of our economy is hurting, the AIRLINES more than others. I''m sure in your small world that is because of "BAD" managment. Change your dust bag and crawl back into your vacum.