Four more routes cut; one new route:

MAH4546

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
Four more route cuts:
Los Angeles-Reno on 06Jan03 (this has been discussed before, I think)
Los Angeles-Guadalajara on 30Jan03
Los Angeles-Oakland (Eagle) on 30Jan03
O''Hare-Marquette, Michigan (Eagle) on 06Jan03.
The cancelation of ORD-MQT creates a new route because AE will still fly between ORD and MQT, but with a stop in TVC both ways.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/5/2003 3:21:18 PM MAH4546 wrote:

Four more route cuts:

Los Angeles-Reno on 06Jan03 (this has been discussed before, I think)
Los Angeles-Guadalajara on 30Jan03
Los Angeles-Oakland (Eagle) on 30Jan03
O'Hare-Marquette, Michigan (Eagle) on 06Jan03.

The cancelation of ORD-MQT creates a new route because AE will still fly between ORD and MQT, but with a stop in TVC both ways.
----------------
[/blockquote]
Again these are small potatoes, AMR ( Carty ) is looking at the BIG picture here. UAL and USAir are basically sidelined but outside of a continued assault on fortress ORD, AMR by way of their long term commitment (via the JFK and MIA mega terminals) have to continue to place more X-TWA routes into the pipeline in 2003-4. BCN,MXP,FCO,SNN,FRA, and even SVO. The Star Alliance will self disintegrate in BK court, leaving AMR with an open field. AMR is the leader, and they will live up to their billing.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/6/2003 12:24:49 PM kiowa wrote:

Only SWA will benefit. Sorry American----------------
[/blockquote]

Sorry, SWA. The SWA 'folksy model ' is getting older everyday. FAs jumping out of overhead bins ain't going to cut it when the economy get's back on track.

People will want more, Watch it, Lil Blue's around the corner.

Got TV?

Very wishfull thinking. Even though AA basically screwed all the TWA employees, they are far from being in good financial shape. Carty will bang the UAL contracts over the heads of AA employees and the massive losses at AA will continue. Only SWA will benefit. Sorry American.

That TV thing is nice, but definitely not perfected yet. Flew OAK-JFK on jetBlue and the TVs kept cutting out for as long as 6-7 mins on at least 3 occasions and intermitent fuzzyness. I found myself actually getting upset with them. It did get to the point that I pulled out my book and started reading it and left the TV alone. I am sure they will get better with time. Just my experience......

While I think JBLU has a decent product and most of my New York neighbors frequently fly them, the major complaint that I hear right now is though the TV is a nice feature, that not everyone uses, the seating is pretty cramped. That is definately one thing that needs to get fixed.

Also, the TV thing is only a temporary fix as many of the AA Aircraft have TV also just not as personal that the same number of people watch as do JBLU customers on a flight per flight basis.

Third, many customers have also complained about heading down the jetbridge loading from the back after doing the stairmaster thing. Nice Idea, needs to be perfected.

More Room throughout coach and more destinations than JBLU!

For Now :)