Fun contest! Guess where NWA's next "incident" will be!

Well, I'm pretty much been contemplating on quitting since I have witnessed some "hair raising" stuff on my flights this past week.

I hope that this Christmas that lack of crew, pilot fatigue and overworked scabanics isn't going to contribute to something awful.

Merry Xmas.

I'm going to say BOS.

I think I'll take ORD. Its about time for another scab to screw up a DC-9 tire installation. "Sheeet, what's that black thing a bouncin' down the runway"..... :rolleyes:

(bump)

I vote for the resurrection (sp?) of the pool.

Same rules as before, except any post decrying the thread as "morbid," or a waste of time automatically is counted as a vote for CID, or MOT.

Yea? Nay?

(bump)

I vote for the resurrection (sp?) of the pool.

Same rules as before, except any post decrying the thread as "morbid," or a waste of time automatically is counted as a vote for CID, or MOT.
Yea? Nay?

Don't look now, but it was smoke in the cabin in Eau Claire, WI.

"After a long wait in the terminal, the passengers and their piles of luggage finished the trip to the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport on buses".

Story here.

Thanks for reviving this thread Kev!

I knew that the scabs would not let us down! :lol:

For those of you who might not remember the guidelines of this "contest", here is the original post...
With the recent occurances of "normal" emergency landings, aborted takeoffs, diversions, etc. that NWA has encountered in the past few weeks, I thought that it would be a good idea for someone to start a thread in which we could speculate where the next "incident" will happen.

Here's the guidelines for this contest:

1) pick the airport where you think the incident will occur,

2) the person who's location is closest to the actual incident location is the winner.

That's it!

The only prize that the winner will receive is the satisfaction of knowing that they were not on that flight! :D

Since I started the thread, I will make the first guess...

MEM (Memphis)
The "contest" was later amended to include the reason for the emergency landing.

With that said, I will pick MDW, with a landing gear problem.

Wonder how much money is spent (wasted) on ferrying planes to DTW or MSP. Between that and bus trips for the customer sounds like it could be a pretty penny.

I'll go with ATL..even tho smoke seems to be a good pick, I'll go with pressure probs.

Back