Furlough Travel Priv Question...

Bradly71

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
Since it seems almost impossible to get an answer from the company.. I was wondering if any furloughees on here have figured out what our flight benefits are or if they remained the same. Trying to access The Hub seems to be a chore too and then getting to the ETC is impossible. I've not gotten anything in the mail from US for some time now and wondered if maybe we've been dropped but not told.

Thanks in advance for any info.

I have no problem using East metal , have not tried West yet. Can log onto ETC no problem and book flights. Try 480-693-8717 or [email protected]

Good Luck!

Since it seems almost impossible to get an answer from the company.. I was wondering if any furloughees on here have figured out what our flight benefits are or if they remained the same. Trying to access The Hub seems to be a chore too and then getting to the ETC is impossible. I've not gotten anything in the mail from US for some time now and wondered if maybe we've been dropped but not told.

Does not appear we (furloughs) were dropped, however some sort of change has happened for family travel ($59 each-way fee for each flight combination)

I'm not sure if there are any other changes. Can anyone shed any light on this? I will call the Phoenix number listed by the other respondant.

Best,
Airlineorphan

I am furloughed and use both East and West quite frequently with no problems. I also have no problems accessing the hub or the ETC. I don't think anything is different now being furloughed other than I'm told I cannot purchase buddy passes (although the ETC shows I have 7 left). My parents have not traveled since I was furloughed so I don't know if there are changes for them. I suspect if they are now being charged, it may be a West change since it was free for the East. If you have a problem accessing the Hub, I believe it gives you a phone number to call. It may take a few calls to get it straightened out. Good luck.

I am furloughed and use both East and West quite frequently with no problems. I also have no problems accessing the hub or the ETC. I don't think anything is different now being furloughed other than I'm told I cannot purchase buddy passes (although the ETC shows I have 7 left). My parents have not traveled since I was furloughed so I don't know if there are changes for them. I suspect if they are now being charged, it may be a West change since it was free for the East. If you have a problem accessing the Hub, I believe it gives you a phone number to call. It may take a few calls to get it straightened out. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. My father travelled from DFW to EWR on a rather creative DFW-PHL-CLT-EWR route recently (all on East metal) and was charged $59 for the whole DFW-EWR portion and another $59 on the way home.

I looked at the Employee Travel forms today and noted that there have been changes for parents of furloughees as of 7-13-06.

Best,
Airlineorphan

Thanks for the reply. My father travelled from DFW to EWR on a rather creative DFW-PHL-CLT-EWR route recently (all on East metal) and was charged $59 for the whole DFW-EWR portion and another $59 on the way home.

I looked at the Employee Travel forms today and noted that there have been changes for parents of furloughees as of 7-13-06.

Best,
Airlineorphan

Just non-reved with my Mom and no charge or problems on east metal.

:) How long am I able to non-rev, on-line ,once I am furloughed?

The CWA negotiated an extension on flying benefits for our furloughed employees during the 2004 concessions. The agreement states; "Employees on furlough as of the effective date of this agreement (Jan. 6, 2005), who continue to have recall will continue to be eligible for online travel benefits for themselves and eligible family members for 3 years following the expiration of their recall rights. Companion Pass and offline travel is not applicable under this provision". Anyone furloughed after Jan. 6, 2005, will be entitled to 3 years of non-rev, on-line travel benefits.

I found this at WCA.net

Hopes it helps

:) How long am I able to non-rev, on-line ,once I am furloughed?

The CWA negotiated an extension on flying benefits for our furloughed employees during the 2004 concessions. The agreement states; "Employees on furlough as of the effective date of this agreement (Jan. 6, 2005), who continue to have recall will continue to be eligible for online travel benefits for themselves and eligible family members for 3 years following the expiration of their recall rights. Companion Pass and offline travel is not applicable under this provision". Anyone furloughed after Jan. 6, 2005, will be entitled to 3 years of non-rev, on-line travel benefits.

I found this at WCA.net

Hopes it helps

Well I have been on furlough since 2001. If I'm not mistaken. When the MI code was established for F/A, The travel benefits were to be the lenth of the furlough. Its been 5 years and I still ride US East. Now I lost access to the hub for some reason, but I list myself via phone. It has always worked. As for parent travel, my mom was charged about a month ago for travel. But not wife and kids.

Parents are now charge on both East and West (with the exception of some F/As per their contract). If your parents are showing Term Pass travel, there is no charge. If it showing Service Charge, then it is $15 each way domestic US, plus taxes.
I would venture a guess that the DFW-EWR flights were read as 3 one way flights since PHL is not a valid conx point for DFW-CLT and CLT is not a valid conx point for PHL-EWR, hence DFW-PHL $15, PHL-CLT $15 and CLT-EWR $15 plus taxes. Its usually just over $20 per segment, but the taxes would be a little different with 3 segments.
Next time book it DFW-CLT-PHL-LGA (there are no PHL-EWR flights to fare and it shouldnt be a problem to do EWR instead of LGA) and it fares out at $29.90.
Of course, if you had to reroute and use the coupons in a different order than originally planned...... ;)

Latest posts

Back