Furloughed Non-reving question

x&y75

May 3, 2006
NEW YORK
Visit site
I am planning on non-reving to Paris and noticed my folks are still on my pass. I thought we couldn't put our parents on our pass if we were furloughed. Any info would be appreciated. I called the non-rev number and the woman who said they could fly did not seem to be 100% sure. thanks

My mom's been eligible the entire time I've been "on furlough". Have you logged onto the ETC and looked to see if they are eligible travellers? Or just do the phone thing to create a listing and see if their names are spoken.

jm

Yes my folks are on the list and when I call they are on there also but I just always thought only the furlughed employee could travel. Have you had your mom non-rev? any troubles?

Yes my folks are on the list and when I call they are on there also but I just always thought only the furlughed employee could travel. Have you had your mom non-rev? any troubles?

No Problems with Mum mate while on furlough.Accomplished Aug 7,2006.

Since being furloughed, I have been living in Hawaii and have not had an opportunity to non-Rev since USAirways did not previously fly here. But now that the company flies to Hawaii via America West (USAirways West), does anyone know if I can non-Rev from Hawaii to the mainland. If so, what is a good phone number to get listed in an attempt to fly as a non-Rev passenger.
Thanks

Since being furloughed, I have been living in Hawaii and have not had an opportunity to non-Rev since USAirways did not previously fly here. But now that the company flies to Hawaii via America West (USAirways West), does anyone know if I can non-Rev from Hawaii to the mainland. If so, what is a good phone number to get listed in an attempt to fly as a non-Rev passenger.
Thanks
1-800-325-9999

Anybody on your term pass (domestic partner/spouse/children and parents) can still fly while you are on leave. No buddy passes, however!

But . . . just a warning . . . for the first time last year, US Airways started charging "imputed income" on any and all trips flown while on leave. It's a trickly wording of IRS regs that I'm sure US Airways could fight, but has chosen not to. So . . . yes, you can still fly for free, but you'll get a 1099 in the spring you have to report on your taxes.

You're fortunate that you recieved passes while on furlough at USAirways. I recieved 3 months worth when i was furloughed almost 4 years ago.

Ok, I called that number and the machine said that my account has been suspended and to contact my supervisor. Is this the normal procedure for furloghees? Who do we contact as our supervisor? Any help or direction would be appreciated.
Thanks
Are you a furloughed FA? If you are my next question is did you respond to the recall letters sent out in april/may of this year? If you are an FA and you DID NOT respond to the letters than you have been removed from the list. This could be what has happened.

Are you a furloughed FA? If you are my next question is did you respond to the recall letters sent out in april/may of this year? If you are an FA and you DID NOT respond to the letters than you have been removed from the list. This could be what has happened.

If you are an involuntary furloughed mainline flight attendant you have travel benefits for yourself, your spouce and your parents, providing you had them listed on your term pass prior to being furloughed. You cannot add parents or spouce while on furlough.

When you call to list yourself on the 800 number you must enter MI when prompted for the 2 letter airline code (not US). If you enter US as active employees do, you will get the "suspended benefits" message.

Invol. furloughed F/As can also request access to The Hub. Once you have been granted access you can better check availibility and list for flights on both East and West metal. After loggin in, click on "Employee Travel Center". you will then get an error message saying your account is suspended please re-enter" Then enter your 6 digit employee number followed by MI and the numbers 01100.

Hope this helps!