Non-Reving While on Furlough

StewGuy86

Senior
Sep 1, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Visit site
I'm currently on a voluntary furlough and haven't used my pass privileges in at least a couple of years. I may need to non-rev in a few weeks and I'm not entirely sure how to go about it. Can anyone tell me the process by which I need to list myself for a flight, etc.? I know my boarding priority is below that of all active employees, but beyond that I'm not sure how it works these days. Thanks in advance!

I'm currently on a voluntary furlough and haven't used my pass privileges in at least a couple of years. I may need to non-rev in a few weeks and I'm not entirely sure how to go about it. Can anyone tell me the process by which I need to list myself for a flight, etc.? I know my boarding priority is below that of all active employees, but beyond that I'm not sure how it works these days. Thanks in advance!
How long do you keep your privileges while furloughed?

Call the Employee Travel Line 1-800-325-9999 and you will list the way that you did in the past when the system ask for your two digit airline code use "MI"

Thanks for the responses and advice, folks!

Don't waste your time callling the pass bureau, You're better off emailing them. If you still have access to the hub, log into the ETC and you can check loads and list for flights there. It will also show you the boarding priority of the non-revs listed on your flight so you'll know where you stand in terms of getting on the flight or not.

Don't waste your time callling the pass bureau, You're better off emailing them. If you still have access to the hub, log into the ETC and you can check loads and list for flights there. It will also show you the boarding priority of the non-revs listed on your flight so you'll know where you stand in terms of getting on the flight or not.

Wow...I didn't know that. That wasn't around when I left in '02 and I've never used it, but will certainly give it a shot. Thanks! :)

Wow...I didn't know that. That wasn't around when I left in '02 and I've never used it, but will certainly give it a shot. Thanks! :)
don't get too excited...when team impoTEMPE's it people took over every one on voluntary furlough lost access to the etc. you will get an error message indicating that your travel privileges have been suspended and to contact your supervisor :rolleyes:
like everything else tempe, it is "plane rediculus"!!
call 800.325.9999.

Once again, please forgive my ignorance on this topic. Luckily the process of listing for a flight and checking loads on the Employee Travel Line hasn't really changed since I was still an active employee. But since I no longer have a company ID, where do I get my boarding pass in order to get through security? Do I have to check in at the ticket counter to get that? By the way, I'm flying out of CLT.

Once again, please forgive my ignorance on this topic. Luckily the process of listing for a flight and checking loads on the Employee Travel Line hasn't really changed since I was still an active employee. But since I no longer have a company ID, where do I get my boarding pass in order to get through security? Do I have to check in at the ticket counter to get that? By the way, I'm flying out of CLT.

You won't need a company id...a standard drivers lic should work :)

If you are asked for one, direct the new hire employee and yes I'm assuming an new hire employee would not know this...to your employee profile in shares(forgot the commands...hopefully someone here can help) that should help solve your issue :) Have fun in CLT!