I Guess They're Trying

Colby

Senior
Sep 30, 2003
Okay, So leaving PHL today to go NON REVING Around when I got to the Line the Agent asked if I had a CreditCard etc... Told her I was a Furloughed NON-Rev.. She then gave me this slip that had the time I arrived on it....Took me only about 10 minutes to get through the line and I handed the Agent my Slip..... She seemed to have just "TOSSED IT" on a Pile with other slips....

As far as Im concerned this is a good idea to let Airways know how long it is taking people that have to wait for a ticket...So, Are agents just Tossing these or are they actually making use of the slips ? Again, This would be a good part of Customer Service... Im sure ANYONE that has had to wait in line would appreciate the fact the USAIRWAYS is trying to make their wait as short as Possible !!!!!!

C~

I don't know, Colby. But for someone who is Furloughed, you do seem to be traveling around alot. Wish I had the money to do so. ;) B)

That's the irony of non-rev travel, KT...The less you make (or none at all), the more traveling you do. It seems like I traveled a lot more while not making s*%! at Mesa, than I do now topped out at NW. Hope you're having fun out here, Colby!

I am taking full advatage of collecting an Unemployment check, Flying for free, and visiting friends before I go back to work !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry that you all are working soooo Hard.....

Colby- dont you hate that?

I find it really embarrassing having to tell your life story to 300 travelers waiting in line at the ticket counter. There's always an agent with the thankless job of trying to convince people to use a kiosk instead of a person. It starts to feel like they are a bouncer at a nightclub, shouting at people down the line.

AGENT: Where are you going?

ME: Los Angeles.

AGENT: Are you checking bags?

ME: No.

AGENT: Use the kiosk!

ME: I'm a non-rev...

AGENT: What?

ME: I'm a non-rev.

AGENT: Use your ID at the kiosk.

ME: I'm furloughed, I dont have one...

AGENT: What?

STRANGER TRYING TO BE HELPFUL: You can use your credit card.

ME: Thank you, but I need to see the agent.

AGENT: Why cant you use the kiosk?

ME: I'm laid off, so I dont have an ID, and no, a credit card doesnt work, so I have to see an agent to get a departure pass to go through security.

AGENT: Oh, OK.

STRANGER TRYING TO BE HELPFUL: Laid off from where? Did you get your liscence suspended? They might not let you on the plane.

STRANGER #2: Sorry you lost your job.

:rolleyes:

I've had to have this back and forth so many times while everyone in line is staring. Just let me quietly go up and talk to the agent! I'd like nothing more than to use a kiosk than have to talk to an agent and explain why I dont have an ID, what MI stands for, blah blah blah :rolleyes:

But it is free so I cant complain. Its just kind of embarrassing and not very discreet.

Light... Can't argue with you on that one.......

Fortunately I've not had to make conversation with other people in line....

This whole post wasn't about my problems with NON-Reving... I've called myself more than once the "Queen of NON-REVING"...because I do it so much..... I actually have been keeping notes about my NON REV experience and am thinking about Writing a book about it.... It has been VERY INTERSTING.... I just love watching people that show up late and then expect everyone to bow down to them and let them get through the lines before us... Or the poor passenger that made a reservation with a 30 minute connection time through PHL...OOOOPPPPS !!!! I see them RUNNING to get to their next gate ETC.... In a way its "Work Related" because I am keeping track of what happens at various airports !!!

LOL C~

So should I call it .... "THE QUEEN OF NON-REVING"....

And for those of you wondering.... I am NOT A GAY MAN !!!!

Colby said:
So should I call it .... "THE QUEEN OF NON-REVING"....

And for those of you wondering.... I am NOT A GAY MAN !!!!
LOL.... Anyone can wear a crown... what counts is that you wear it with pride! :D

Will you be taking a trip on the E170? I'm thinking of giving it a go this week.

On topic, I think it is a good idea to see how long people are waiting in line. Maybe we could be like Disney World, with thier winding lines and lame attempts to amuse you while in line. You know, you'll be in line for Star Wars and you turn a corner and theres a Chewbacca robot roaring at you, like thats supposed to tide you over for the next hour? :lol:

They could place robots of gate agents by the line with speakers saying "I love my job! I love my job! We'll be with you soon. Use the kiosk. Kiosks are your friends. I Love my job! Southwest is bad. Kiosk. Kiosk."

Hey Colby and Light Years!!!!!

This has been the MOST enjoyable reading I have had in a long time. Keep it up. It is quite entertaining. :up: :)

I would like to be non-revving SOMEWHERE....anywhere. Hell, I would like to be have a trip flying somewhere. Picken are very, very short.

You guys have a good night and enjoy.

Oh, by the way, Colby, speaking of books, you know the book about "Around the World in a Bad, Bad, Mood"???? Well, that F/A has a one woman musical show and touring with it. So, Ya NEVER Know what could happen. ;) :p

with all the Non-Reving....I AM the entertainment in the lines ;)

I've actually more than once been in the TSA line and Advised people to get out of line...go out the door... and go to the D-E or F Terminals to make their connections.... Also, in PHL I've more than once directed people to their Appropriate gates.... I should be paid for this............. HA HA YEAH RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!

LOL,

KT I've read Around the world in a Bad Mood twice and still love it.... Who knows........ You may see me in print still

Over here at the Red Tail, the agents practically demand that you use the kiosk. When you explain that you'd rather not out of principle (or the fact that it's their own work they're giving away), they just stare at you blankly. :( :angry:

:down: NON REV what a joke 28 years and a employee with 1 day goes ahead
of me ,thanks dave its been a nice run glad you came here and took care of the people that got you where you are today about 5 million richer.

that was your choice, you could have transfered to another station, get over it all ready, the bitterness will not help you in life.