Furloughed

youngblood

Senior
Jan 17, 2004
Can anyone tell me ANYTHING about how the merger affects a furloughed employee's traveling privileges? Do we still have them? What is our boarding priority? Etc. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Christine

Christine, what employee group do you belong to? Sorry, I don't have any information about furloughs but I will add that I *think* Doug Parker will do as much as possible to soften the blow of furlough. And that would mean preserving travel benefits, but that is total conjecture on my part. Regardless what happens, if you are facing furlough, whatever you do I would recommend against resigning. I think the new UAir will work and we are all close to turning a corner. Hang in there. I hope the best for all of us.

As was said on a previous thread, nothing has changed right now for travel on U. As for travel on AWA (or whatever you call their planes and routes) you can call usairways reservations and ask if you can "get" an ID100. I am of the understanding that for now we cannot get one. I believe that our travel benefits will remain and that in early 2006 hopefully we will be able to travel the entire system.

I don't believe that this benefit is really that costly for the company and they probably don't want to open some pandora's box by revoking something was given to furloughees.

jm

youngblood said:
Can anyone tell me ANYTHING about how the merger affects a furloughed employee's traveling privileges? Do we still have them? What is our boarding priority? Etc. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Christine
[post="306890"][/post]​

I have been trying to find this out for about a month now. No one has been able to give me a definitive answer. I never got an answer out of Crystal City. I got two emails from Tempe saying they "didn't know" but would look into it. They state now that information is on the hub, but I check everyday and it says nothing about our benefits.

I keep checking there and on here, sooner or later we'll find out. I would honestly think that we would keep them at least until everything is moved out west and Crystal City is closed.. but ya never know.

The enhanced travel benifits was something Mr Glass added to the pot to get some of the contracts to be accepted. The standard is 3 yrs after furlough for most groups.

AP Tech said:
The enhanced travel benifits was something Mr Glass added to the pot to get some of the contracts to be accepted.  The standard is 3 yrs after furlough for most groups.
[post="306979"][/post]​

Furloughed Res here.. ours are supposed to run until the month of furlough in 2009. So I would have flight benefits from 2/1/02 to 1/31/09.

per The Hub ...No travel after voluntary separation with the company (unless an eligible retiree). No use of guest passes or any pass travel privileges for employee or any family member after termination of employment.

AP Tech said:
The enhanced travel benifits was something Mr Glass added to the pot to get some of the contracts to be accepted.  The standard is 3 yrs after furlough for most groups.
[post="306979"][/post]​

That is amazing...I got three months at AA...(maybe it was my pedigree) good for you guys.

If your were furloughed as a result of Outsourcing, you got Flight benefits for Life.
The amount that you have to pay is based on how much time you had with the Company. If you had 25 years plus, it is supposed to be free for life. Who knows how long this will hold up with new Management in place. I believe that some of the "Perks" that were tossed into the contract by the Company were not intended to go the distance. The Company knew that some type of Merger would take place in the near future, and that the rules would most likely change. I am glad that most from my former station were able to cash in on their Sick bank payout prior to the end of CCY. For those that were eligible to retire there was a waiting period until their retirement. I'm afraid that those who are waiting will get Screwed out of their payout.

Charlie_Tuna said:
per The Hub ...No travel after voluntary separation with the company (unless an eligible retiree). No use of guest passes or any pass travel privileges for employee or any family member after termination of employment.
[post="306981"][/post]​

Furlough is handled differently than voluntary/involuntary. We didn't quit and we weren't exactly fired either.

Bradly71 said:
Furlough is handled differently than voluntary/involuntary. We didn't quit and we weren't exactly fired either.
[post="306987"][/post]​
F/A's that are involuntary furloughed have recall rights indefinitely.... or until we are recalled no matter how long it is.. 1, 5, 10 or 20 years.. We also have our travel priviliges - as we should - afterall its not our fault we are not working... and you really shouldnt suspend travel priviliges of people who are senior to other people at the company and are still working - just a thought!!

goodgirl37 said:
F/A's that are involuntary furloughed have recall rights indefinitely.... or until we are recalled no matter how long it is.. 1, 5, 10 or 20 years.. We also have our travel priviliges - as we should - afterall its not our fault we are not working... and you really shouldnt suspend travel priviliges of people who are senior to other people at the company and are still working - just a thought!!
[post="306996"][/post]​
GOODGIRL...you are so GOOD!!!

goodgirl37 said:
F/A's that are involuntary furloughed have recall rights indefinitely.... or until we are recalled no matter how long it is..  1, 5, 10 or 20 years..  We also have our travel priviliges -  as we should - afterall its not our fault we are not working...  and you really shouldnt suspend travel priviliges of people who are senior to other people at the company and are still working - just a thought!!
[post="306996"][/post]​

That is truly great for you guys. It must feel amazing to be valued by your company and union. Count your blessings.

aquagreen73s said:
Christine, what employee group do you belong to? Sorry, I don't have any information about furloughs but I will add that I *think* Doug Parker will do as much as possible to soften the blow of furlough. And that would mean preserving travel benefits, but that is total conjecture on my part. Regardless what happens, if you are facing furlough, whatever you do I would recommend against resigning. I think the new UAir will work and we are all close to turning a corner. Hang in there. I hope the best for all of us.
[post="306893"][/post]​

To answer your question ..... CWA. I was in PIT res and had to take the furlough. It didn't pay for me to transfer.