Gauntlet thrown down in PHL

He was there and operated on his own, not with the blessing of his boss or any other IAM Leader.
I believe that this is something that has NOT YET been put out as FACT.....the investigation continues.

As AGC an argument could be made that he was in fact an "Agent" of the IAM and was acting on authority of the IAM whether Senior Officials knew about it or not. Read the post I made regarding agency law.

If the shoe was on the other foot and he had been the one beaten you can bet your assets that IAM would seek damages from the TWU by claiming that the AGC was acting as an agent of the IAM.

Just the simple fact that an AGC was there creates a potential legal problem for the IAM. This is one of the reasons for the public silence from IAM. They are legally exposed if charges are filed or a suit initiated.

And 700 posted:
Posted Today, 03:37 PM
He was there and operated on his own, not with the blessing of his boss or any other IAM Leader.

QUOTE(AIRWOMAN @ Feb 25 2006, 05:51 PM)

I believe that this is something that has NOT YET been put out as FACT.....the investigation continues.

My point was that the investigation continues yet 700 posts a statement that could be taken as fact.

Fire em!

Then take out a big ad in the newspaper explaining that the IAM goons assaulted 5 guys and that US does not condone this kind of violence and thuggery. Then explain that everyone else threatened to leave because the goos were fired.

Apologize to passengers in the ad, but state that US is not going to kow-tow to thugs and goons, and wants to provide the best, safest environment to its workers and passengers, and that the next few days may be a bit rough, but that US is building a more ethical airline with quality employees.

Passengers will take the company side, and the unions will rightly look like the no neck creeps that they are.

As AGC an argument could be made that he was in fact an "Agent" of the IAM and was acting on authority of the IAM whether Senior Officials knew about it or not. Read the post I made regarding agency law.

If the shoe was on the other foot and he had been the one beaten you can bet your assets that IAM would seek damages from the TWU by claiming that the AGC was acting as an agent of the IAM.

Just the simple fact that an AGC was there creates a potential legal problem for the IAM. This is one of the reasons for the public silence from IAM. They are legally exposed if charges are filed or a suit initiated.

Thank you to our resident amateur criminal, civil and labor Attorney for you professional opinion. LOL

Now you are a lawyer besides a copy machine trainer?

Amazing, where did you go to law school at?

Wow, I testified in a criminal assault case yet I don't go around claiming to be an expert on the law.

Now if I need to know about breaking and entering and stealing I will ask you.

The company has been told by an AGC that all the employees who were fired need to be reinstated within ten days of termination, or there will be a job action twenty days out. Two AGCs have been going from breakroom to breakroom spreading the word. Support amongst FSA for those fired seems to be at about 50%.
Google that DellDude.
Wait!!!

The AGC's (and floor representatives) refused to co-ordinate a "mid-contract" job action to protect heavy maintenance and back shops because "it would be illegal". But now, they're on property drumming up support for "an illegal" mid contract job action in order to assist "members" who are in jail for thuggery.

Unbelievable. Thank God I'm already gone.

Yes but Repeet now it involves something more precious than YOUR wages! It involves THEIR dues revenue. Roachclip and Buffy need a new car I guess so they beat up any threats to THEIR gravy train while their members eat Government Cheese!

PS: All the best in your new career and thanks for your years of service to the customers of US Airways.

IAM - Beating the Competition - NO Really They Mean it!
As always(most of the time, anyway) you are a class act.

Wow, I testified in a criminal assault case yet I don't go around claiming to be an expert on the law.

Now if I need to know about breaking and entering and stealing I will ask you.
Wow, there seems to be a lot of experts here. Maybe I can get some advice....

Just checked into a Courtyard and the toilet is stopped up. Any body seen Lavman lately? I could use his advice... :p

Roachclip and Buffy need a new car I guess so they beat up any threats to THEIR gravy train while their members eat Government Cheese!

IAM - Beating the Competition - NO Really They Mean it!
OH NO!! :shock: Not Government Cheese!!

Wow, there seem to be a lot of experts here. Maybe I can get some advice....

Just checked into a Courtyard and the toilet is stopped up. Any body seen Lavman lately? I could use his advice... :p
Must've got a call. :cop: He'll be right with you, no doubt.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 146
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 141
I seriousily doubt an AGC said that as it is against the RLA and the individual and the IAM can be held liable for damages if an illegal job action takes place.

Sounds like BS hearsay to me.

The next time you talk to someone that you trust from PHL ask them. It's not being kept a secret by any means, and as I stated it was told directly to Management the day the guys were fired.

Latest posts