Gauntlet thrown down in PHL

Yes exhibit A is the "event" in PHL just to keep things timely.

Last time I checked not one person nor law enforcement has proven the IAM was behind it, 600,000 IAM Members did not authorize violence nor the leadership.

Don't need to be an expert all I need to do is be able to do some basic math which in your unions case is mostly subtract!

If you are commenting on unions, which you are, you proclaim your knowledge is all knowing and correct, prove it.

Partly right! I hate YOUR union. The UMW of A I'm quite fond of

Funny, you are not involved with the IAM, nor really know anything about it and it shows your ignorance about the IAM when you say you hate an organization that you are really clueless about.

Do you know the IAM runs and sponsors a guide dog school for blind people to obtain dogs free of charge? Wow, you hate an organization that helps blind people out.

Guide Dogs of America

And the UMW is involved with more violence then the IAM ever has, so that makes you a hypocrite.

Of course it is! You never spend any money on fighting for your members you just enrich the Roach's & Buffy's of the world and deliver NOTHING

The IAM spends plenty of money on fighting for members' rights and obtaining new contracts, see if you were a member and knew anything about the IAM you would be able to comprehend it instead of spewing mistruths and your hatered.

OH BS, there are many ways to "Fight" the court of public opinion being the most powerful. But all IAM has shown is the ability to look bad in the press.

Once again your ignorance shows, the grievance procedure is under a Federal Law and that is what must be followed otherwise nothing get accomplished, and the public opinion in airlines is the passenger only cares about cheap ticket prices, that is why so many legacies have been in bankruptcy and all employees of legacies have taken concessions. The average passenger has no idea if a plane is overhauled in Charlotte, NC or Hong Kong, China.

I don't have to trust them I just have to do business with them. Trust doesn't mean a whole lot when money is on the table. In fact you could have used your lack of trust to your advantage in negotaitions if you had someone who had half a brain. Tight time frames can work to your advantage. The company was in the toilet all you had to do to force the issue was demand everything in writing down to the finest detail and when they asked why you just tell them point blank "We don't trust you and never will, so if you want the company to survive spell it out every last word."

The IAM negotiated with the company for a three month period, were you in the room? Do you know what took place exactly between Glass, McKeen, Hemenway and the IAM Negotiating Committee?

Did not see you in the room, nor privy to any talks.

The mistrust was told to the company in writing and verbally numerous times, since you were not there, you would not know that, would you?

The Company's financial data was proven by the IAM's financial experts to be wrong many times and since the company was losing people fast as they claim the company was very slow on turning over all relevant data needed.

For example did you know that Air Canada bid on doing the airbus narrow body work was cheaper then Mobile Aerospace, but yet the company chose Mobile, hmm, wonder why?

Because you didn't understand business as usual. Head count costs way way more than the hourly wage. More people means less flexibility. You could have used that too but nope didn't happen. Think for a second, why manage people when you can write a check and get the same work for less elsewhere? You had to offer a better VALUE not a cheaper price. You didn't do that and you lost. That's business it's not evil.

Costs were explained, each wage and benefit package was costed out per employee by the IAM's financial expert.

The IAM set up a cost competitive structure with penalities set up if a check was not done in time due to labor problems and not unexpected maintenance issues. A concept that was throughly discussed and agreed upon between the IAM, the Sr VP of Mtc and the Director of Mtc only to be squashed by Glass and McKeen.

Since you were not there nor involved I would not expect you to know this at all.

PITbull forgot more about fighting for her people and using the media than the IAM ever had in the first place. She got her people something other than the manure covered end of the stick. IAM Didn't! she made less than 50K as MEC Pres and Roach clip earns what? $200K plus expenses and he can't carry Teddy Xidas' underwear. You're comparing a pissant to a person.

Ms Xidas, was not the head of the AFA's Transportation unit, compare apples to apples, not apples to oranges, what is Pat Friend's Salary?

I don't have to be a biologist to know that something long and brown on the street is probably a dog turd and I don't need a degree in Labor Relations to know a dog turd union when I see one.

Like I have said you do not know anything about the IAM, you are just a passenger who thinks he knows it all and has to try to make himself out to be an expert on everything when it comes to airlines, employees and unions, when in reality all you care about is first class seat being there, but if you did not stick your nose into everything else you would not know what to do with yourself.

You have no dealings with unions nor bankruptcies and how it effects airlines workers.

Keep trying.

After Roach's visit to PHL where the Mechanics told him to "go to hell" it was clear a strike would have not been succesful.
Exactly what I was told by an AGC. The non-heavy maintenance mechanics, even the ones at maintenance stations, had been so brainwashed by Jerry Glass (how was that allowed to happen?) that they were unwilling to jeopardize "their" jobs for ours.

And the leadership said that they couldn't try to organize "unity" in support for our jobs, because that would be illegal.

Like PineyBob said, my problem with the IAM is/was the lack of leadership.

So a AGC went on record and came to our breakrooms and said this huh. Well this sounds more like ramp rumors .Who was the AGC? Remember the IAM is compelled by law to represent the people involved. The start a job action will only support their misguided actions.

Since you said "our breakrooms" I'll assume you're from PHL. Go down and speak with a few people, as I said it's not being kept a secret.

They should just start a "work safe" campaign. Work to the rule as set for by the company and the place will shut itself down.

Everyone should always work by the company's rules, policies and procedures, that is why they are there.

But people always like to take shortcuts.

QUOTE(700UW You have no dealings with unions nor bankruptcies and how it effects airlines workers.
CLASS AND CRAFT AND HOW IT EFFETCTS AMT's :down:
Hey man, 700 said that the IAM sponsors guide dogs for the blind, ain't that sweet?

(of course, they nearly found a job for one of the dogs by beating up the TWU guys and having one of the guys nearly blinded)

700: "We are a bunch of great guys, and you better agree, or we will beat the crap out of you!" :rolleyes:

You can't make this stuff up!

Wow, Bob,

How mature, NOT!

Like I said, you do not know anything about the IAM, its structure, its leadership or its membership.

Ironic how you ignored 99% of my post when you were called out and shown to be incorrect.

The FAs cannot be replaced like the mechanics can, go look at NWA and how the AMTs strike has barely done anything to harm NWA's operation.

Pat talked to Ferd :lol:

Hey man, 700 said that the IAM sponsors guide dogs for the blind, ain't that sweet?

(of course, they nearly found a job for one of the dogs by beating up the TU guys and having one of the guys nearly blinded)
700: "We are a bunch of great guys, and you better agree, or we will beat the crap out of you!" :roll eyes:
You can't make this stuff up!
Well The IAM Has To COME WEST SOME TIME HAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
I am sure the warn welcome will be at its best..

VOTE IBT and TWU.

Once again you have no idea of how the airline and its maintenance programs work.

The work was in our contract all ready, the IAM gave the company a complete package that would have allowed outsourcing of the widebodies and met the company's ask.

And the company had the bankruptcy laws and the judge in the favor, not one group of workers except the executives won anything in either bankruptcy case.

Keep ignoring these issues Bob, but they won't go away.

You can't bob and weave out of it that easily.

Once again since you were not there nor privy or have any actual real knowledge of how things work, I would not expect you to know these things, but you come on here still spewing things that you have no idea about, why is that?

I am talking about mtc, not ramp, and not all the outstations were outsourced in regard to the ramp, gee Bob, how can the all knowing you being wrong again?

High fuel costs and inept management led to the 2nd bankruptcy filing, not an airbus monetary reward, that was a drop in the bucket.

Keep trying Bob.

Gee Bob, 25 members out of over 600,000 IAM members took it upon themselves to act stupid, funny I did not hear the IAM sending hit squads to CLT, PIT or any other station where the twu or ibt held meetings.

If you keep posting the same lies, it does not make them the truth. Were you in the room? Nope, do you know exactly what happened? Nope!

Keep reaching, you just cant help posting on subjects that you actually have no idea about, and glad to see you dodged the previous post once again.

Once again you have no idea of how the airline and its maintenance programs work.
Once again you have no idea.. You have no clue of what you are into, Your glass house is in PHX and what you were use to is gone.
TIMES CHANGE!!!!!!!

And what does your BS CONTRACT say about 190's and the outsource of the MX on that. WEAK A@@ CONTRACT. bite me, you(for got you not a amt)WE as AMT's got sold out by the IAM. :shock: Did they forget to say that or do you just read what they say.....

Put the bottle down.

It says we overhaul more planes then you do, oh that is right one plane done at US east is more then you do at US west.

The scope language should capture new planes or be negotiated.

What does your great ibt cba say about it?

Nothing, that is right cause Timco and Aeroman overhauls your fleet.

Look in the mirror when you say you live in a glass house.

By the way, there were more "and relateds"laid off then AMTs in the last bankruptcy, but hey don't let the facts get in your way.