Get Ready To " F L U S H ", IN 10 Hours !

So if there were a bomb outside the door of your building...and I knew it was live and was deadly, you would be fine with me telling you that it's just another UPS package and there was nothing to be worried about? Then when the bomb sniffing dogs reacted when they found it, it would be okay for me to say the most likely were smelling bacon and it was nothing to worry about. Because I didn't want to create a panic.

Sorry...but when you know in January that it's bad..it might be okay to "play it down" initially so as not to create a panic. But when you see in February and March that it's worse than we though, it might be better to admit that it's bad, but tell the people that you and your administration will do everything in their power to keep ahead of this. Comfort them. Display leadership. Instead, you keep saying it will go away by April (then summer). But Trump opted for "downplay" in January and...short of it killing his true love Ivanka...was ALWAYS going to downplay it. That's not smart. That's not leadership. That is stupid.
He wasn't downplaying until after March when it was growing.Fauci was on record end of January saying it wasn't as bad as the seasonal flu.

He wasn't downplaying until after March when it was growing.Fauci was on record end of January saying it wasn't as bad as the seasonal flu.

HmmmTrump knew in January that it was bad stuff. Told Bob Woodward as much. But Trump played it down In January. And February. And March. And April. And May. And June. And July. And August. And September. And October. And November. Then he lost an election apparently didn't care if we panicked or not. But he always played it down.

HmmmTrump knew in January that it was bad stuff. Told Bob Woodward as much. But Trump played it down In January. And February. And March. And April. And May. And June. And July. And August. And September. And October. And November. Then he lost an election apparently didn't care if we panicked or not. But he always played it down.
With a 99% survival rate, He was on spot.

The Insanity Continues:
Anti-Vaxxers and Right-Wingers Shut Down Dodgers Stadium Vaccine Site

The stadium shifted from providing COVID-19 tests to vaccination appointments roughly three weeks ago. German Jaquez, a man in line for an appointment that was canceled, told The Los Angeles Times that the protesters were telling drivers the coronavirus pandemic was not real and that the vaccine was the real danger. Video showed demonstrators holding signs that read “COVID=SCAM” and “Tell Bill Gates to vaccinate himself.” (Gates has vaccinated himself on camera.) According to one reporter on the scene, the organizer of the event referred to Bill Gates, a frequent target of anti-vaccine conspiracy theories, as “a satanic pedophile eugenicist.”

Totally insane!!

Original prediction from the Imperial College London was 4 million.

Fauci was something like 60k to 250k.

What would you have done differently?
For starters i wld let science take over as the scientists in that field know n learn more bout that than anyone. I would highly recommend n encourage mask as it is very much a way to reduce. For example i was out on mandatory quarantine for 2 weeks just before thanksgiving bec one of my crew members was infected w the virus and hospitalized for short time. I myself had it last April out 4 weeks. Now had i worn mask i more than likely may not of had it.

What would you have done differently?

Shut it all down.
Led the response at the federal level instead of leaving states to their own devices.
Mask mandate.
Leveraged tech./big data for tracing.
Invoked DPA for things besides ventilators
Brought national guard in much earlier to run testing facilities
Daily press briefings where epidemiologists were actually allowed to speak

That's just off the top of my head.

Shut it all down.
Led the response at the federal level instead of leaving states to their own devices.
Mask mandate.
Leveraged tech./big data for tracing.
Invoked DPA for things besides ventilators
Brought national guard in much earlier to run testing facilities
Daily press briefings where epidemiologists were actually allowed to speak

That's just off the top of my head.
Shutdowns aren't workable unless you're willing to weld the doors shut and deliver food to every household.
Was led at the fed level urging use of CDC guidelines.
Can not lever a mask mandate.
Data tracing did not emerge until somewhere during the first spike and big tech didn't need urging, they were doing it on their own.
National guard is a state level issue.
Epidemiologists had their ten minutes of fame.

Have a plan for the distribution of the vaccine, instead of making it up as you go.

Anthony Fauci said the Biden administration is not starting from square one on its COVID-19 vaccine distribution, contradicting reports that Trump officials did not leave them with a plan.

"We're certainly not starting from scratch, because there is activity going on in the distribution," Fauci told reporters during an appearance in the White House briefing room.

The nation's top infectious diseases expert indicated that the Trump administration left a blueprint, but Biden officials will build on it.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

"We're coming in with fresh ideas, but also some ideas that were not bad ideas with the previous administration. You can't say it was absolutely not usable at all," he said.

"It's taking what's going on, but amplifying it in a big way,” Fauci added.

Fauci's remarks follow criticism from Biden's coronavirus team that former President Trump essentially left them no plan for coronavirus vaccine distribution.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthca...starting-from-scratch-on-vaccine-distribution