Alpa Code-a-phone Update - August 30, 200

Pension issues, length of the contract and associated returns.

I see no management types giving up any pensions.

Pressure is what is applied when fear is present. No fear No pressure.

mr

Mr,
Is the pension being offered in line with the rest of the company's DC plans?

What is the current rate contributed to 401k plans? Most of mgmt is at a 4-10% range based on age....

PSA1979 said:
What exactly are "Nancy Boys" is that Nancy Drew? Or maybe Nancy Reagan?
[post="174103"][/post]​

I think it infers something like "Girlie Men" but you would have to call the Governor of Caleeefornya for clarification.

Yeah ITRADE it's "Cornstalk 2004" around here. BTW, it was 36 hours.
As for what denotes a "Nancy Boy" its British slang for weak, wuss, pansy, sissy, you get the picture.

Clue,

According to the Nov. pilot bid, PHL is to have 1133 pilots and PIT 506 for a total of 1639 (out of a total of 3012 system-wide). However, this is subject to "real world" variations plus other effects.

In the "real world", not everyone listed on the permanent bid for a particular base is actually there. This is mostly due to pilots waiting for a training slot. I.e., a PIT pilot is displaced to different equipment in PHL. Until that pilot gets a slot in a training class, he/she will continue to fly out of PIT even though their name is on the PHL permanent bid roster.

Second, there are the pilots who fall under the "supervisory" title, who don't appear on the permanent bid roster. Most of these are instructor pilots (check airmen). While they aren't reflected in the numbers I mentioned above, they do "belong" to a base and have all the rights of any ALPA member.

Lastly, I think I remember a provision where a pilot can elect to be a member of a base even though that pilot doesn't fly out of that base. If my memory is correct, this is to allow a commuting pilot to belong to, and vote in, the base closer to home.

So the honest answer (at least from me) is that the above numbers are a starting point and someone somewhere hopefully has the accurate numbers, but I don't.

Jim

ITRADE said:
Finger-in-the-Sky is a little pent up after apparently having been sent to the cornfield for 48 hours.

I also haven't seen 700 around in a few days...
[post="174101"][/post]​

Guess you have not looked hard enough, no cornfield for me. Sorry to burst your bubble.

700UW said:
Guess you have not looked hard enough, no cornfield for me. Sorry to burst your bubble.
[post="174251"][/post]​
700, I also have not seen you for a couple days.... where the hell have you been?? And don't tell me "working"!! LOL, Maybe "talk" to you soon???? NFS