Get Real

Chuck

Oct 26, 2002
Does anybody really think a customer would choose K-Mart Airlines and their pretend-a-jets at a higher price when SW, JB and Continental offer a superior product at a lower price? U doesn't have real leader, they only have a mid level manager in the CEO seat. Herb and Gordon would NEVER treat their customers or their employees in the manner demonstrated here. Without a true leader, U will eventually join the ranks of Eastern and Pan Am. All I see here is finger pointing and no one taking responcebility. This one's going to go down in history as a wonderful opportunity lost.

Marco, (Mr. Newbie)

Knock it off, genius. We don't come on public boards to prove that ANY of us are English Scholars, such as yourself. Hopefully, you will make no spelling errors in the future. I would hate to be the one to remind you. In the future, try to be a little more insightful and tolerant.

PineyBob said:
Depends where you have to go and when. US Airways flys to many out of the way places along the east and sometimes they are the ONLY option. An RJ is just FINE for a short flight (1 to 1.75hrs.) It's when you start using them on longer runs that they become a chore to ride in.

BTW Continental has some ERJ-145 flights approaching the 3 hour duration so they are far worse in that respect.
Actually, both express jet and comair fly Rj on flights over 3.5 hrs. I see a lot of U flyers bitching about the RJ's but if they go fly almost anyother carrier they are guaranted to fly more often on an Rj then on U. Get a grip people. -Cape

Chuck said:
Does anybody really think a customer would choose K-Mart Airlines and their pretend-a-jets at a higher price when SW, JB and Continental offer a superior product at a lower price? U doesn't have real leader, they only have a mid level manager in the CEO seat. Herb and Gordon would NEVER treat their customers or their employees in the manner demonstrated here. Without a true leader, U will eventually join the ranks of Eastern and Pan Am. All I see here is finger pointing and no one taking responcebility. This one's going to go down in history as a wonderful opportunity lost.
Well, gee, you certainly posed this as a fair question - have you stopped beating your wife yet.

Every major airline in the country (except WN at present) flies "pretent a jet{s}" as you have termed them. So your complaint is irrelevant. Continental flies them; Jetblue is going to start flying them.

The pricing is not always higher. I checked Christmas flights to SAN from BWI. WN was running about $379 on the dates I was looking. US was running about $349 and Delta about the same or a little cheaper on the less desirable flights.

In any event, having taken a fair amount of international hops recently, I can tell you that most American consumers could care less about service - they care solely about the fare. When folks are swayed by the fact that one airline serves blue corn chips as a snack, its clear that the expectations of passengers has dropped to least common denominator levels.

ITRADE,

Could you please say it louder to this management : ITS THE FARES STUPID!

The customer cares about the FARE price and service that is consistant. If they get nothing for their dollar, then their expectation is nothing for the low fare.

U is ALL over the map with: fares, product, service, routes, frequecies, times, type of jet etc....

Since you claim to be a pax, let them know what most customers want; cause they ain't listening to employees at all.

OK Miss Marco, my mistake. Responsibility. There, are you happy now?
You remind me of a few teachers I had, giving a poor grade on a good term paper vs. a good grade on a poorly written but correctly spelled term paper.

marco90821 said:
Chuck,

I agree with your post. On the other hand, it is very ignorant to post on a message board and have a total disregard for the English language. Please re-take your fifth grade spelling lesson.
marco,
You are a newbie as well. You WILL make errors. You just wait for the "nastygrams" we will send to you when YOU do.
We are here to discuss not write for the frigin New York Times. Let's act the age we are supposed to be. OKAY?

Twicebaked said:
We are here to discuss not write for the frigin New York Times.
Yep, if we were doing the latter we'd just be makin' stuff up as we went along....

Never mind. I guess some of us ARE qualified to be Times reporters! :lol:

To all the perfect spellers and English professors out there - please review our board policies located in the announcement forum – specifically the “flamingâ€￾ portion. Have a good day!

Flaming and Slamming
"Flaming" is insulting another user's post, opinions, subject, grammar, or an attempt to pick an online fight. "Slamming" is making offensive, condescending, or insulting comments about a user, product, or company (ours or anyone else's) in order to pick an online fight.

Please note that there is a large difference between expressing an opinion and flaming. A differing opinion would say, "I have to disagree with you, Mike, since I've been to Fairbanks, I know what it is like." whereas a flame would say, "You're dead wrong, Mike, and you've obviously never been to Fairbanks or flown anything larger then a kite! And, by the way, you can't spell worth beans." There is an equally massive gap between expressing a concern about a product or company and slamming it.

Flaming and slamming is petty and childish. If you have a burning urge to start a fight, pick up a copy of Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator, log on to zone.com and join a Big Ugly Death Match

marco90821 said:
Chuck,

I agree with your post. On the other hand, it is very ignorant to post on a message board and have a total disregard for the English language. Please re-take your fifth grade spelling lesson.
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in
waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the
frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses
and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid
deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

:up: :up: SL

Latest posts