Get Real

Hi Kevin;

Yes, I got "flamed", therefore I "slammed". ;)

The slammer

Chuck

p.s. Say hi to everyone for me.

CynicalResAgent said:
This company is so behind the curve that I would not be suprised if they announced a new inflight cafe meal featuring Chi-Chi's green onions.
I just fell off my chair laughing.....They got them cheaper...I can just hear it....we'll take the grievance....

ITRADE said:
The pricing is not always higher. I checked Christmas flights to SAN from BWI. WN was running about $379 on the dates I was looking. US was running about $349 and Delta about the same or a little cheaper on the less desirable flights.
Not to go off topic here, but this is what I don't understand. Why are we undercutting WN? Even when we drop our fares below theirs, they don't continue the unprofitable spiral to the toilet bowl. They stop and leave their fares where they will make a profit. We, on the other hand, will continue to lower our fares to try and one-up them........and guess who is laughing all the way to the bank!!!!!!!!!! :angry: If we can't compete at the same price but with a better product, then we may as well take our toys out of PHL and park them in Mohave.

The problem with U is that like Forrest Gump said, you never know what you are going to get. LUV does not suffer from this.

If I could plan a flight months in advance (I rarely do), I would probably shop around, but I would probably assume that either on a short/midcon route that LUV has a pretty good fare. With U, that can be a crapshoot, especially if it's midweek.

I would expect to find HOU-BWI for around $400. On US, I have no idea what I might find. I might find a $900 BBB special. I might find they match the LUV fare. I might find one of those non-refundable F fares that CCY has been trying lately.

If I go the day before, I know that I'm out $250 on LUV and I many or may not get bent over on US.

My point is that regardless of where you are flying them, LUV goes out of their way to have a very consistant fare structure. It's a given that their $39 dollar fare buckets will sell out quickly. The difference is that it's not painful to "buy up" on LUV (I think they probably sell a higher percentage of full fare tickets than any major). This is one main reason why some people will blindly go to southwest.com to buy tickets and never even check anywhere else, since they really believe they are always getting the best deal. This is the best type of following there is, and it's an example U could learn from.

A consistant and fair value proposition. Not having to know what A4BEN is, and if it's refundable, upgradeable, available, or even bookable on the web......

Chuck said:
Does anybody really think a customer would choose K-Mart Airlines and their pretend-a-jets at a higher price when SW, JB and Continental offer a superior product at a lower price? U doesn't have real leader, they only have a mid level manager in the CEO seat. Herb and Gordon would NEVER treat their customers or their employees in the manner demonstrated here. Without a true leader, U will eventually join the ranks of Eastern and Pan Am. All I see here is finger pointing and no one taking responcebility. This one's going to go down in history as a wonderful opportunity lost.
Hey Chuck,

Are you a disgruntled former U employee, or are you possibly the only BITTER WN employee?

Dear WN-LOSER,

Southwest seems to have it together making money and everyone is happy being there. Well good for you.

I flew on Southwest from Dallas to Amarillo back in the early 90's and was concerned how the crew was "balls to the wall" for the entire flight even when we got into some moderate turbulence :shock: . I was watching the wingtips fluttering like crazy wondering who the heck was driving this thing??? When we landed, the hot rodding didn't stop until we reached the gate. Do all your crews operate in this fashion??? :down:

After the WN 737 incident (where it landed hot and crashed thru the fence at the Chevron gas-station) had occurred it really didn't surprize me that much after my own personal experience on Southwest <_< .

WN has been beating the odds with the amount of aircraft and flights operated. But sooner or later, all those third-party maintained birds will start catching up to you. And I am also aware of your "under the gun" in-house maintenance policy. I learned of this from one of your ex-WN maintenance employees. He was glad to be out of that situation. BTW, He didn't make his probation due to his reluctance to do "everything" that he was told to do. I will leave it at that.

So don't be so smug because disaster is only one mistake away :unsure: .

With love, E-TRONS......loser U-S Airways employee.

E-TRONS said:
After the WN 737 incident (where it landed hot and crashed thru the fence at the Chevron gas-station) had occurred it really didn't surprize me that much after my own personal experience on Southwest <_< .
Are you nuts?

Southwest has been flying since 1971, and has zero fatal events.

In that time frame, U has had 9 fatal events. Of those, three are probably not directly U's fault in some shape (the crash at LAX, the commutair in '92, and 427).

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

E-TRONS said:
Dear WN-LOSER,

Southwest seems to have it together making money and everyone is happy being there. Well good for you.

I flew on Southwest from Dallas to Amarillo back in the early 90's and was concerned how the crew was "balls to the wall" for the entire flight even when we got into some moderate turbulence :shock: . I was watching the wingtips fluttering like crazy wondering who the heck was driving this thing??? When we landed, the hot rodding didn't stop until we reached the gate. Do all your crews operate in this fashion??? :down:

WN has been beating the odds with the amount of aircraft and flights operated. But sooner or later, all those third-party maintained birds will start catching up to you. And I am also aware of your "under the gun" in-house maintenance policy. I learned of this from one of your ex-WN maintenance employees. He was glad to be out of that situation. BTW, He didn't make his probation due to his reluctance to do "everything" that he was told to do. I will leave it at that.

So don't be so smug because disaster is only one mistake away :unsure: .

With love, E-TRONS......loser U-S Airways employee.
Flaming sour grapes!

WN's safety record over the past 25 years is pretty damn good. Probably in part because they identify 'corner-cutters' during the probationary period.

Q. How come you US people didn't give a hoot about WN all during the 90's when you could've still made a difference in your current fate?

A. Your pay and flight benefits were too cushy.

So now John Q.Public and family are supposed to sacrifice for you?

Sorry, but we've got our own issues. You bet on the wrong company.

Seem to have struck a chord here........well, well, well.

Never say never (clue).....Many carriers never have had a crash until one occurred no??? And yes it was living hell at USAir during the 90's. No monkey business....just bad luck (NOT MAINTENANCE) that hopefully will never show up again anywhere.

Remeber the EAL Flt 401, L1011 crash? Don Repo the 1st officer? Well never again did an L1011 crash....until DELTA did at DFW. Windshear. Bad things happen out of nowhere. It's just a matter of time....that's my point.

Just cool it on the arrogance (FRESHHELL). Yes indeed I bet on the wrong horse 16 years ago and I am not asking YOU or WN for CRAP!!! Don't hammer the employees over here for that which we cannot control....INEPT-THIEVING_MISMANAGEMENT :down: :angry:

I hope you never get to enjoy a ride like we are having....it just plain-SUCKS!!!!

E-TRONS OUT. And I AM NUTS :p :p

usramperTPA;

No I'm not a former or present USAirways employee. I'm a freight dog comfortably flying a MD-11. My wife is a furloughed pilot. My observations are based of 23 years in the business. I just don't see how USAirways can compete against SW or JB using the present manner of doing business. That's just my opinion, your mileage may vary.