Glading's Delusions

Nancy, cross-utilization is in the company's proposals right now, with the stipulation it can be implemented 48 months after signing at the company's discretion. 401k instead of DBP is also proposed for newhires. I happen to think the 401k is a better option for someone just starting a career.

MK

I agree.. Upon self help the company can implement based on their offer on the table. It doesn't have to be immediate. And, I agree about the 401K. That is the point I was trying to make with those who don't seem to understand about unilateral implementation.

nbmcg01. I think that is a very smart take. Only do it if you are willing to accept the potential consequences. I'm not a flight attendant so I'm not on the "inside" but the public statements Laura Glading and her team have been making illustrate a very high state of denial about the realities of AA's financial challenges and what effect a strike would have on the company (and by extension the employees). I think it would be nothing short of catastrophic and would more than likely result in a bankruptcy filing. That of course would lead to a new contract - probably a concessionary one imposed by a court.

Back