Global warming isolates Canadians in far north

All energy sources except geo-thermal are sun derived. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Oh, I forgot Atomic energy.

The effects of this are already quite blatant as you look at glaciers in Alaska, Greenland, the Alps, etc that have receeded 80%+ in the last few decades.

Is this the first time in Earth's history that glaciers and ice caps have receded? And even some may not be receding.........

Interesting article on Antarctic ice

So unless we can come up with an electric jet the aviation industry could be toast. :shock:
You know, when you compare the progress made in aircraft engine technology, from the piston to the turboprop, to the jet engine and the improvements to jet engine technology alone, you might see that the aviation engine industry is miles ahead of automotive engine technology.

You know, when you compare the progress made in aircraft engine technology, from the piston to the turboprop, to the jet engine and the improvements to jet engine technology alone, you might see that the aviation engine industry is miles ahead of automotive engine technology.

I hear you....even though strides have been made from the day of Connie 990's....high altitude hydro carbon and thermal polution are arguable issues.BUT.....with this let me say.....whether or not this soley contributes to global warming is reaching some what.Remember of the study initiated under???

Scientists have launched a multi-million dollar project to reduce flatulence in cows, hoping that a drop in gas can help in the fight against global warming.

The project aims to breed more efficient cows that convert their food into more milk and less methane, one of the greenhouse gases blamed for rising temperatures across the planet.

“We’re looking at feed conversion efficiency,†said Dieter Adam, a manager at New Zealand’s Livestock Improvement Corporation. “We want fuel-efficient cows.â€

In 2003, the New Zealand government attempted to impose a methane tax on farmers because their livestock was responsible for more than half the country’s greenhouse gas emissions.

But the so-called “fart tax†was dropped after protests from farmers.

They Blinded Me with Science
Dissecting the conservative mind!

Cow farts!

I'm sorry. I really wanted to say something incredibly clever about how dumb I think a new study from Berkeley is. I've been sitting here staring at my computer for over an hour trying to come up with some Simpsons quote or fresh joke that captures the gravity warping, oxygen-depriving, heart-palpitating idiocy of this thing. Instead, I feel like a three-year old on his first trip to FAO Schwarz — I keep dashing from one shiny plaything to another, incapable of concentrating on a single object for more than a moment. I feel like I could spend a lifetime peeling this thing like an onion — finding new layers of stupidity, fresh eye-watering spouts of acidic absurdity, all the while keeping in mind that each seemingly intelligent layer is actually paper thin, insubstantial, translucent.

But dangnabit all I can come up with is: Cow Farts!

That's what I kept thinking as I read this summary of a report (Full PDF version here) from a team of Berkeley scientists who've been cloistered away studying the psychological state of homo insipiens, or unthinking man. After scouring the academic literature — and no doubt laying their calipers to the craniums of whatever conservatives they could manage to tranquilize and tag (picture a squirrelly YAFer trying to break out of his restraints on a metal slab somewhere in the psych annex at Berkeley) — these scientists have concluded that the psychological factors which contribute to political conservatism are:
Fear and aggression
Dogmatism and intolerance of ambiguity
Uncertainty avoidance
Need for cognitive closure
Terror management

But first, what is it about this that makes me think of bovine flatulence? Well, everything. Scientists spend millions of taxpayer dollars studying the methane which comes out of the academic end of heifers, reportedly because such gaseous discharge contributes to global warming. Whatever their reasons, they think it's important work. They either don't mind that their research stinks — literally — or they think all of their efforts are worth the money poured into them. And while words like gassy, insubstantial, and malodorous certainly apply to the Berkeley study, there are two chief differences between the study of cow flatulence and this study of conservative psychology. First, the cow-scientists can claim that there's a legitimate purpose to their pursuits. Overblown or not, global warming is something scientists should study. Secondly, while the earth-sciences folks are primarily concerned with what rises up and away from the back end of a bull, these bozos at Berkeley are 100 percent committed to studying and disseminating what plunks to the ground when it leaves the same anatomical disembarkation area.

Does this mean you believe in evolution? :shock:
What I believe is that you nor any of the other leftist freaks on here are worth any more of my time because it's wasted energy.

Enjoy your long stay in the sulfur pits….

What I believe is that you nor any of the other leftist freaks on here are worth any more of my time because it's wasted energy.

Hmmmm maybe we dodged the bullet and he won't be back ..... nah I ain't that lucky.

You've damned the "freaks" from both the left and the right. You seem to be an equal opportunity damner.

Now...will you promise to go away? Are your cut and paste fingers getting tired?

Latest posts