Global warming isolates Canadians in far north

Practice what you preach!

Did you not also threaten to 'take your ball and go home'? :shock:

Nope...I left a one-sided debate. Do you even understand intelligent debate? Like when one side (me) puts up an intelligent argument with facts and references and then the other side rebuts with a "my boogers are green" argument that doesn't even have anything to do with what the first side posted...that is NOT a debate. I wouldn't debate with a pre-schooler b/c their mental capacity can not grasp the concepts that I post. Your retorts continuously show that you don't comprehend (or just pretend to not comprehend) or you don't have an intelligent response so you only make childish responses. If you call being unwilling to foster a "debate" where you refuse to post anything intelligent that comes from your own brain "taking my ball and going home" (another of your classics from your very short 'acceptable quote book for dummies'), then yeah...that is what I did. Being an adult, I don't find much joy in debating one-sided with childish mentalities. Give me something intelligent...FROM YOUR OWN BRAIN...and I'll be happy to debate all day long. Aren't you the one that can only cut and paste from the reddist blogs out there? As I said in another post...venture outside of your zip code a little bit and stop pretending to be so dumb and naive to the world b/c I still believe that you have more of a brain than you pretend to have. I'd love to see you use it rather than just the "ctrl+c" "ctrl+v" key combos.

Nope...I left a one-sided debate. Do you even understand intelligent debate? Like when one side (me) puts up an intelligent argument with facts and references and then the other side rebuts with a "my boogers are green" argument that doesn't even have anything to do with what the first side posted...that is NOT a debate. I wouldn't debate with a pre-schooler b/c their mental capacity can not grasp the concepts that I post. Your retorts continuously show that you don't comprehend (or just pretend to not comprehend) or you don't have an intelligent response so you only make childish responses. If you call being unwilling to foster a "debate" where you refuse to post anything intelligent that comes from your own brain "taking my ball and going home" (another of your classics from your very short 'acceptable quote book for dummies'), then yeah...that is what I did. Being an adult, I don't find much joy in debating one-sided with childish mentalities. Give me something intelligent...FROM YOUR OWN BRAIN...and I'll be happy to debate all day long. Aren't you the one that can only cut and paste from the reddist blogs out there? As I said in another post...venture outside of your zip code a little bit and stop pretending to be so dumb and naive to the world b/c I still believe that you have more of a brain than you pretend to have. I'd love to see you use it rather than just the "ctrl+c" "ctrl+v" key combos.

This is a belief system and why it's impossible to argue.

Scientist are men who thought the world was flat at one time and now it's going to melt, ask Al G the true believer and the inventor of the internet and prime example of a living moron.

Bet you believe in fairies and wizards and anything coming from someone who holds a worldly degree given them by other mere flawed men.

You attitude of supreme wisdom on this fantasy is sad and laughable and shows your colors, dark.

This is a belief system and why it's impossible to argue.

Scientist are men who thought the world was flat at one time and now it's going to melt, ask Al G the true believer and the inventor of the internet and prime example of a living moron.

Bet you believe in fairies and wizards and anything coming from someone who holds a worldly degree given them by other mere flawed men.

You attitude of supreme wisdom on this fantasy is sad and laughable and shows your colors, dark.

No...individuals and the church thought the world was flat. Scientists just try to prove or disprove things and they disproved that the world was flat by proving that it was round.

Your thought process is what catapulted the world into the Dark Ages from which we have only started pulling out of during the past century. The funny thing is, though, that civilizations with engineers and scientists thousands of years before ours accomplished things that we have only recently "discovered". Egyptians, Mayans, Aztecs, Romans...all great engineers and scientists until the church started disavowing them b/c their knowledge was a threat to the power of the Church (just as you see it).

In my world and in any logical world, science and religion co-exist very well together. What you have to drill into your head and what you don't seem to comprehend is that the Bible (and any other religious work of any religion) was written by mortal men and depicts what those men wish to have their religion direct. What is proven in science and what occurs in nature occurs from the highest power...and if it conflicts with the Bible that is b/c those that wrote it were only writing what they wanted religion to represent.

No...individuals and the church thought the world was flat. Scientists just try to prove or disprove things and they disproved that the world was flat by proving that it was round.

Your thought process is what catapulted the world into the Dark Ages from which we have only started pulling out of during the past century. The funny thing is, though, that civilizations with engineers and scientists thousands of years before ours accomplished things that we have only recently "discovered". Egyptians, Mayans, Aztecs, Romans...all great engineers and scientists until the church started disavowing them b/c their knowledge was a threat to the power of the Church (just as you see it).

In my world and in any logical world, science and religion co-exist very well together. What you have to drill into your head and what you don't seem to comprehend is that the Bible (and any other religious work of any religion) was written by mortal men and depicts what those men wish to have their religion direct. What is proven in science and what occurs in nature occurs from the highest power...and if it conflicts with the Bible that is b/c those that wrote it were only writing what they wanted religion to represent.

Genius in your own mind...You must be getting warm under the collar due to the world burning up....another lost helpless brain soaked believer of fairy tales. Poor Soul.

:lol: :lol: Typical myopic liberal rant and hypocrisy from the looney left.

Bravo..... :up:

:lol: :lol: Typical myopic liberal rant and hypocrisy from the looney left.

Bravo..... :up:

Typical non-response from a narrow mind.

And for seatacus...snowflakes in a warm place don't counter global warming...they support it. If you understood the whole concept beyond just the title of "global warming", you would know that warming of the atmosphere causes very atypical weather all over the globe...that can mean warmer arctic areas and cooler tropical areas. As ice melts in the arctic, where do you think cold water goes? Along the ocean currents...which if you look, they come down the coasts and into the tropics. If you have more cold water in a warmer water region, you end up with more storms (hurricanes :shock: ...see...they don't just come from God targeting gays) and freak instances like snow in Florida. As always...you guys need to at least understand what the concept of something is before you fight against it. Read up on what those nutty scientists have written on the concept in general and it may open your eyes. Global warming doesn't mean that all regions of the world will burn up. IN fact...many places will be much colder.

And for seatacus...snowflakes in a warm place don't counter global warming...they support it. If you understood the whole concept beyond just the title of "global warming", you would know that warming of the atmosphere causes very atypical weather all over the globe...that can mean warmer arctic areas and cooler tropical areas. As ice melts in the arctic, where do you think cold water goes? Along the ocean currents...which if you look, they come down the coasts and into the tropics. If you have more cold water in a warmer water region, you end up with more storms (hurricanes :shock: ...see...they don't just come from God targeting gays) and freak instances like snow in Florida. As always...you guys need to at least understand what the concept of something is before you fight against it. Read up on what those nutty scientists have written on the concept in general and it may open your eyes. Global warming doesn't mean that all regions of the world will burn up. IN fact...many places will be much colder.

Yep...God screwed up putting man on his planet and they turn around destroyed it by not being good stewards with fossil fuels and all that very bad nasty stuff.

Arguing with you is like trying to house break a dog except training the dog is easier because the dog has more sense not being lost in his false beliefs.

No its a typical response to the absurd lunacy put forth by the mentally challenged left. :D

And for seatacus...snowflakes in a warm place don't counter global warming...they support it. If you understood the whole concept beyond just the title of "global warming", you would know that warming of the atmosphere causes very atypical weather all over the globe...that can mean warmer arctic areas and cooler tropical areas. As ice melts in the arctic, where do you think cold water goes? Along the ocean currents...which if you look, they come down the coasts and into the tropics. If you have more cold water in a warmer water region, you end up with more storms (hurricanes :shock: ...see...they don't just come from God targeting gays) and freak instances like snow in Florida.

Duh.... :blink: the earth goes thru natural elliptical occilations as the sun also has natural temperture variations, ever hear of the Ice Ages genuis?

As always...you guys need to at least understand what the concept of something is before you fight against it.

Oh you mean your scare mongering repeated liberal tripe about the sky is falling concept. :lol:

Read up on what those nutty scientists have written on the concept in general and it may open your eyes. Global warming doesn't mean that all regions of the world will burn up. IN fact...many places will be much colder.

I have read up and can also come up with the Real facts from Real scientist, Here is just one such Real source of truth!
http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/ice_ages.html

Now post your liberal rant rag scientific source for the responsibility of natural climate change. ;)

If you understood the whole concept beyond just the title of "global warming", you would know that warming of the atmosphere causes very atypical weather all over the globe...that can mean warmer arctic areas and cooler tropical areas.
Man, I wish I had you in my climatology class when I was in college. Listen, I understand this stuff more than you think. I am not going to follow in lock-step with those who think this is some man-made phenomenon. For eons we have had warming and cooling cycles, so this is nothing new. Since you've obviously seen Gore's movie you should probably follow up with watching Ice Age...the Meltdown. :lol: Those pesky dinosaurs, how dare they cause global warming... :shock:

Man, I wish I had you in my climatology class when I was in college. Listen, I understand this stuff more than you think. I am not going to follow in lock-step with those who think this is some man-made phenomenon. For eons we have had warming and cooling cycles, so this is nothing new. Since you've obviously seen Gore's movie you should probably follow up with watching Ice Age...the Meltdown. :lol: Those pesky dinosaurs, how dare they cause global warming... :shock:

Are you suggesting that climatologists may actually have a better understanding than CH.12 and Al Gore concerning the cause and effects of Global Warming/Cooling?

Damn those dinosaurs for spewing methane and destroying our planet.

And I wish you had my climatology, two meteorology, and two astronomy classes that I had in college. I don't dispute natural trends. Of course the Earth's past has been made up of long and short-term cooling and heating periods. No...I have not seen Gore's movie so cannot comment on it. But yes...I do understand these changes in the climate. What the problem is is that never before has it happened so quickly. "Quick" in terms of climate change is usually over thousands of years and not a few decades. You honestly cannot dispute how much the ice caps have melted over the past 40 years, can you? Yes...they (ice caps) typically wax and wane with climate changes on the planet but not ever at this speed. Scientists don't have histories of daily temps as in the weather channel but they can view history pretty accurately through researching trees (shorter term) and core samples of the earth and of the ice caps. This little warming phenomenon is much faster than any seen in history. Period.

And yes...dinosaur, termite, and cow crap all add methane to the atmosphere and deplete the ozone. But again...not to the level and swiftness of what is happening right now. It has also been proven that emissions deplete the ozone and that emissions have been far greater than ever before. Couple that with deforestation (with plants being the things that can actually filter our atmosphere) and it is a ticking timebomb. In fact...the middle ages had a warming trend...though not nearly as drastic as the one in our age...and some of that was blamed on pollution from unsanitary conditions as well as mass deforestation of Europe for farmland. Though that effect was obviously much smaller than our current actions.

What is the fear to admitting that we are contributing to the massive acceleration of this "natural" phenomenon? That we'll actually advance science by exploring other fuels? I can understand why Bush and Cheney fear breaking our total reliance on oil but why you?

local 12- As I stated in my response to seatacus, I never watched the Gore movie so once again your ASSumption has made you look foolish. Next...as I also stated...I understand natural phenomenon with warming/cooling and your are 100% correct that the tilt of the Earth's axis and the fact that it is always changing...slowly...leads to long term changes in our climate. However...if the axis had tilted drastically enouch to create major changes in climate in the last 40 years, we would have all been thrown from the surface of the planet. Such a quick and drastic change would surely beat out the effects of our gravity. It's not possible and if you read beyond your blogs you would see that the earth's axis has not tilted that drastically recently. As with the NATURAL warming and cooling cycles on earth...it happens GRADUALLY. And that means tens and hundreds of thousands of years.

I have read up and can also come up with the Real facts from Real scientist, Here is just one such Real source of truth!
http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/ice_ages.html

Hey Local 12...here is your "real scientist":

Name: Monte Hieb
Email: [email protected]
Title: Chief Engineer
Organization: West Virginia Office of Miners Health Safety and Training

I guess if you call an engineer a scientist, you are right. I'm also sure that the WV Coal miners' perspective on global warming is as "real" scientific evidence as you can get.

This is the funny thing about you...you post this crap and try to pretend that it's real but you never try to validate your own sources. You would look far less foolish if you did. Slapped by the blog bug again?

Hey Local 12...here is your "real scientist":

Name: Monte Hieb
Email: [email protected]
Title: Chief Engineer
Organization: West Virginia Office of Miners Health Safety and Training

I guess if you call an engineer a scientist, you are right. I'm also sure that the WV Coal miners' perspective on global warming is as "real" scientific evidence as you can get.

This is the funny thing about you...you post this crap and try to pretend that it's real but you never try to validate your own sources. You would look far less foolish if you did. Slapped by the blog bug again?

Hey Genius just because you worship some kook ultra left college professor who thinks he's the cats meow does'nt prove your theory either.

I sure don't see you disspelling anything I post with facts, you like to hear yourself talk is how I pretty much read you, A legend in his own mind.

Funny thing about you is you continue to come here and try to prove how smart you are and I continue to B!tch Slap you with the Truth.

BTW... you conveniently left these references out by "Real Scientist"

References

(1) A scientific Discussion of Climate Change, Sallie Baliunas, Ph.D., Harvard- Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics and Willie Soon, Ph.D., Harvard- Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics.

(2) The Effects of Proposals for Greenhouse Gas Emission Reduction; Testimony of Dr. Patrick J. Michaels, Professor of Environmental Sciences, University of Virginia, before the Subcommittee on Energy and Environment of the Committee on Science, United States House of Representatives

(3) Statement Concerning Global Warming-- Presented to the Senate Committee on Environmental and Public Works, June 10, 1997, by Dr. Richard S. Lindzen, Massachusetts Institute of Technology

(4) Excerpts from,"Our Global Future: Climate Change", Remarks by Under Secretary for Global affairs, T. Wirth, 15 September 1997. Site maintained by The Globe - Climate Change Campaign

(5) Testimony of John R. Christy to the Committee on Environmental and Public Works, Department of Atmospheric Science and Earth System Science Laboratory, University of Alabama in Huntsville, July 10, 1997.

(6) The Carbon Dioxide Thermometer and the Cause of Global Warming; Nigel Calder,-- Presented at a seminar SPRU (Science and Technology Policy Research), University of Sussex, Brighton, England, October 6, 1998.

(7) Variation in cosmic ray flux and global cloud coverage: a missing link in solar-climate relationships; H. Svensmark and E. Friis-Christiansen, Journal of Atmospheric and Solar- Terrestrial Physics, vol. 59, pp. 1225 - 1232 (1997).

(8) First International Conference on Global Warming and the Next Ice Age; Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, sponsored by the Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society and the American Meteorological Society, August 21-24, 2001.

Additional Reading

Geological Constraints on Global Climate Variability: Dr. Lee C. Gerhard-- A variety of natural climate drivers constantly change our climate. A slide format presentation. 8.5 MB.

Thoughts of Global Warming: "The bottom line is that climatic change is a given. It is inescapable, it happens. There is no reason to be very concerned about it or spend bazillions of dollars to try and even things out.

NOAA Paleoclimatology: An educational trip through earths distant and recent past. Also contains useful information and illustrations relating to the causes of climate change.

Cracking the Ice Age: From the PBS website-- NOVA online presents a brief tour of the causes of global warming.

Little Ice Age (Solar Influence - Temperature): From the online magazine, "CO2 Science."

Solar Variability and Climate Change: by Willie Soon, January 10, 2000

Earth's Fidgeting Climate: NASA Science News "It may surprise many people that science cannot deliver an unqualified, unanimous answer about something as important as climate change"

...OOOPS, looks like your the fool...FOOL! :D

I am sure many of you have heard about this; but I have always found this intriguing: The Chicago Climate Exchange.

It is basically an exchange (similar, in ways, to a mercantile exchange) that allows companies to "trade" their rights to pollute our earth. At first glance, it sounds like a horrid thing to do; but it actually is quite similar to a "cap and trade" program that the U.S. created in the late 80's.

In essence, companies join the CCE (many major companies have joined, such as Ford, DuPont, and Motorola). After they join, they sign a legally binding contract that limits the companies to a set amount of pollution every year. Every year or so, the pollution limit for that company is reduced. If the company emits less pollution than their legal limit, they may sell their "extra" right to pollute on the market. If they will emit more pollution than the limit, the company must purchase the "extra" rights to pollute our earth.

This provides an incentive for companies to reduce pollutants. If they pollute less, they can make money by selling their "extra" rights... if they pollute too much, the company must pay for the "extra" pollution.

Why I think that the CCE is a good thing:

1) It provides monetary incentives to decrease pollutants

2) It is a great alternative to increased government regulation, reducing the potential for overbearing environmental statutes.

3) It allows US companies to compete in European markets that have strict environmental standards.

4) Companies will likely reduce pollutant emissions by making operations more efficient, thereby reducing pollutants and increasing profits. This could be helpful for companies such as Ford, GM, and maybe even airlines.

5) It is self-regulated by the NASD. They will audit annual emissions and help to ensure that fraud and manipulation does not occur (Something our government often seems to struggle with).

http://www.chicagoclimatex.com/

Latest posts