Good Europe Non-rev Destination

RowUnderDCA said:
Madrid is on my must go list.
I agree with everything else you posted. The people were all wonderful and its a beautiful country. I was in Atoche station about 2 weeks before at the same am time frame as the blast catching a train to Segovia. I was relieved to hear that none of our new Spanish friends were involved. Everyone at home says they guess that would be the end of my trips there. I disagree. If I had had one scheduled the next day I would have been on the plane. Other than going to places where there is constant conflict (Israel, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc) I wouldnt put off a trip just because something might happen. You wouldnt be able to leave your house if that were the case.

night_ice said:
What other European destination is a great place to visit for a non-rev?
While the situation will of course depend on the loads and operational situation of the specific date of travel, the short answer to your question is: none. TATL flights on most every airline flying over the pond are jam-packed during the summer months. While this normally causes no more than a day or two of inconvenience for most nonrevs, horror stories abound of nonrevs being stuck in Europe for days and even weeks at a time (esepcially if you happen to be junior and, God forbid, mx or other problems disrput the TATL schedules).

I've luckily never had a problem nonreving over or back, but I dont go unless there are lots of seats on the plane open.
I usually tend to go off season (end of Sept-start of May). The weather isnt the best, they are usually doing construction/rehab on the tourist sights so you get lots of scaffolding in the pix, BUT there are no lines, the prices are cheaper and its great to travel while its cool weather!
2 minute wait to kiss the Blarney stone instead of 2 hours, only 6 of us got off the train in Segovia for the day of touring (ran into a BIG Japanese tour group of 10 though that slowed things up, not), lots of local tourists instead of groups of organized tour busses. I guess I can handle the trade offs of going out of season! :up:

Latest posts