Gordon To Retire

it'd sure be nice to have him run our airline. but i doubt that he would come over to usair and have to deal with all the unions. i dont know if co is unionized or not but may be some could elaborate.

Bethune did announce his retirement effective at the end of this year. Given our unfortunate rate of decline over the past several months, I shudder to think what state we'll be in by the time Bethune leaves CO.

i wish you all the best gordan. i wish you had another year in you to come lead usairways but you have done enough. your true leadership should be something other ceo,s should learn and take in.

although its will be great to have gordon come to airways, i highly doubt it. i am sure he doesen't want to go through with the headaches of dealing with the unions. he dealt with them at cal. alpa & teamsters . but then again you never know . look at roger clemens . came back for another year at houston. trator!!!!!! hey if u offers gordon the right amount of money once again ,you never know. :unsure:

mrf777 said:
To probably the best Airline CEO ever...Good Luck Gordon. B)
Well if you measue by pay package, Gordo is definetly top dog! Gordo was a great leader, but he benefited from putting an airline together appropiately when the industry was making more money then ever did in its history. Much of the management credit for the turnaround lies with Greg Brenneman. Gordo was the spokesman, but Greg was the nuts/bolts guy. Ever since Greg left CAL has been run by the beancounters and I fear it will only get worse when Larry takes over. Most likely this is a significant step forward towards a future merger. Mark my words five years from now CAL won't exist, but will be a part of a mega US carrier.

If Gordon decides to unretire, my thoughts are that he will go back to Boeing. It appears that he will continue to serve on CO's board as well, so it would be very unlikely he will move to a new carrier. He has experience at Boeing, and I think his leadership style can turn that company around.

mrf777 said:
To probably the best Airline CEO ever...Good Luck Gordon. B)
BOB CRANDALL was "the best ever"
(yeah, I know, the AA employees had a love/hate relationship, with him)

Also,
(IMHO) Ol' Gordo could'nt top Herb Kelliher(WN), either.

And, as far as making money for his investors(when you look at his ENTIRE CAREER), (repeat, his "ENTIRE CAREER", as a whole), Gordo comes up BEHIND Stephen Wolf.

Then comes GORDO, at #4

Because Gordo, is 1 smart ol' fox, I'm thinkin' MABEY something negative is comong CO's way, and THAT's why Gordo is "bailing out " earlier than expected.

Again, these are just 4 personal opinions, and perhaps someone could make compelling arguement against them.

BUT, the one that CAN'T be "topped", is (uncle Bobby) Robert(Bob) CRANDALL !!!!!

NH/BB's
AA

Latest posts