Grumbling At Hp

drifterreno

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
When Doug Parker was in Reno, he said he couldn't ask U res agents to take any more pay cuts. And our pay would be raised to match theirs. Well, unless the unions are merged or one becomes top winner in an election, we will all be making different salaries.
Agents are threatening to throw out any union. Talking about talking to CWA and such. Because---we have heard nothing from the teamsters. We hear they're having negoation meetings but we aren't informed. We aren't told what agreements have been reached until over a month after it happens--and then usually from the company. Meeting agendas and any asking of input from employees is non existent. Would someone from CWA please contact me?
We have agents emailing Doug with questions---why--because we can't get anything out of the union and we need some answers.

drifterreno said:
When Doug Parker was in Reno, he said he couldn't ask U res agents to take any more pay cuts. And our pay would be raised to match theirs. Well, unless the unions are merged or one becomes top winner in an election, we will all be making different salaries.
Agents are threatening to throw out any union. Talking about talking to CWA and such. Because---we have heard nothing from the teamsters. We hear they're having negoation meetings but we aren't informed. We aren't told what agreements have been reached until over a month after it happens--and then usually from the company. Meeting agendas and any asking of input from employees is non existent. Would someone from CWA please contact me?
We have agents emailing Doug with questions---why--because we can't get anything out of the union and we need some answers.
[post="299753"][/post]​

It's amazing that Teamsters didn't cut bait with yuns guys as soon as this merger looked serious. The Teamsters have put alot of time and money into this representation deal and it could all mean nothing (no return of investment) if CWA becomes the union taking over. If you were the person sent by Teamsters to organize, would your heart be in it? They stuck with it. They deserve some gratitude. They should have cut the line a couple of months ago.

Actually, HP Res agents have a lot to gain from this merger as we (US) have outsourced so much and its pissing off all of our customers.

When I close my ATAC, it seems like 1/2 of my transactions are to fix GOOFS by Rent-A-Res and I'm on the phone with Winston/Salem Res Ops bitching about some very VERY simple errors. There are threads around here listing them.

One of them being a passenger was booked to Portland OREGON when his destination was Portland Maine. Another messup, which is city code related, was a passenger going to Hunstville Alabama (HSV) and was instead booked to Huntington West Virginia (HTS). I had to unfortunately overbook a flight to correct this error.

Again, if you are in HP res, breathe deeply... and consider how many more jobs will be added at your locations cause we've closed all of ours!! (Except Winston/Salem)

Drifter, not sure who your local reps are, but sounds like they suck.
Is recall an option?
Has anyone organized anything grassroots?
A campaign to email the nationals?

desertgal said:
Drifter, not sure who your local reps are, but sounds like they suck.
Is recall an option?
Has anyone organized anything grassroots?
A campaign to email the nationals?
[post="300139"][/post]​
It is not only RES but CSR's that donot get any info....ask a question and you get a very vague answer unless if you know someone...it has been very frustrating esp. with this last announcment that we willbe one big happy union ----when/if we all vote to do so...before we do so...I would like answers! Do we renegotiate a brand new contract for everyone? If the east is to be covered by CWA do we automatically get increases to their payrates...? May sound like a couple of stupid qqq's but many of us are new to the union side of things-negotiating ect-and we just are not getting any answer's....

Latest posts

Back