Gun Threads - Merged

700UW said:
The COTUS says you have the right to bare arms nothing about concealed weapons.
And when that was written it was flintlock pistols and musket ball rifles, not assault weapons.
Not handguns, assault weapons and automatic weapons.
I know you are not that stupid. I know you are not. The type of weapon makes no difference. It shouldn't matter if you open or conceal carry, who cares? The idea of the second amendment is for the people to defend themselves against a tyrannical government. The weapons should match what the government has. It is that simple.

Reactions: 1 person
700UW said:
The COTUS says you have the right to bare arms nothing about concealed weapons.

And when that was written it was flintlock pistols and musket ball rifles, not assault weapons.

Not handguns, assault weapons and automatic weapons.

COTUS is clear. 

"Right to bear ARMS"

Not "Right to bear Muskets"

Reactions: 2 people
So it's an unintended consequence our Founding Fathers couldn't have possibly imagined, then.

As an enlightened society, maybe we oughta revisit what exactly 2A means.

Unless of course you're a fan of the path we're currently on?

Kev3188 said:
So it's an unintended consequence our Founding Fathers couldn't have possibly imagined, then.

The funny thing is that our founding fathers never envisioned the internet when drafting the fourth amendment, but they knew that technology in the age of muskets would eventually evolve and bring about weapons that can fire a hundred rounds in a minute.  

Kev3188 said:

What path is that?

People being killed for the sake of political correctness?

Enlightened society? AKA Elite liberal smugness.

KCFlyer said:

The funny thing is that our founding fathers never envisioned the internet when drafting the fourth amendment, but they knew that technology in the age of muskets would eventually evolve and bring about weapons that can fire a hundred rounds in a minute.  
imageedit_1383_9355882432.jpg

townpete said:

I didn't realize Willie Wonka was a founding father.  Yep...the first amendment protects you from the government limiting your right to say something.  What was founding father Willie's view on the internet as it relates to the FOURTH ammendment?   'll give you time to look that one up as most "constitutionalists" never seem to have made it past the second one. 

KCFlyer said:

I didn't realize Willie Wonka was a founding father.  Yep...the first amendment protects you from the government limiting your right to say something.  What was founding father Willie's view on the internet as it relates to the FOURTH ammendment?   'll give you time to look that one up as most "constitutionalists" never seem to have made it past the second one. 

Simple concepts trip you up again.

lol

Dog Wonder said:
What well regulated militia are you a part of?

People always seem to ignore those 3 words.

I think the original intent of the 2nd is pretty much moot.  There is much debate over what was really meant by the 2nd.  There seem to no indication of what was meant by a well regulated militia so many tend to ignore that part.

The bottom line is that there are about 300 million guns in the US (and that's just the registered ones).  So putting the genie back in the bottle is pretty futile.  There is no way any meaningful regulations can be implemented, much less be effective.

We live in a violent society where fighting is an acceptable form of conflict resolution.  The FBI report I linked earlier seems to disprove the notion that an armed civilian is of much assistance in an active shooter situation.  I know being armed in my situation would not have done me any good.

I do not think there is an answer to the gun violence in the US.  At least not one that can be agreed upon.

I do agree with what someone posted earlier that having to arm our selves in the manner that we have would seem to fly in the face of a free society.  Definitely contradicts the idea of a civil society.

Latest posts