Gun Threads - Merged

delldude said:

The issue is people do not want to comply with lawful orders from the police.

The issue is that police, when "confronted" with some who does not want to comply with a lawful order will usually resort to tazing, cuffing, forcing to the ground or shooting - at least when it is a black male.  I attended the same training that  the cop in that "so what" video attended.  Wish I had the clip they showed of this same guy discussing a guy who "did not want to comply with lawful orders".  In it - he had to interview the suspect to get information on the bust.  He asked (ordered) him to sit on the sofa to discuss it.  The guy refused.  Whoops....he's not complying with the lawful orders from a cop.  Which I suppose gave the cop every right to throw him on the sofa or cuff him and force him to sit.  After all...if he'd just do what the cop asked, we could avoid all this.  But the cop didn't do that.  He's dealing with a "non compliant suspect" here...so he tried to DE-escalate the situation by explaining why it would be better and faster for both of them if he'd just sit down.  He still refused.  Damn...doesn't this idiot know that he is just setting himself up to be tazed by not doing what the officer was telling him to do?  Instead of tazing him or forcing him, the cop tried one more thing - he ASKED him - why do you refuse to sit down?   And the guy said it was because he recently had knee surgery and couldn't bend his knee to sit.  Yeah...we can blame the victim for not just saying "I can't sit down because I can't bend my knee"...but I guess when your door is busted down with a battering ram, you might be a wee tad defensive and borderline aggressive.  But because the cop didn't taze, shot, shove cuff or push the "perp"...he as able to say "would you sit if we got a chair for you to prop your leg on".    And they did.  No shooting, tazing or kicking ass.  Took all of 1 minute to avoid a messy situation.   But the effort was made by the COP...which in might earn the cops a bit of respect. 

Less than 1/2 of 1% of cops are 'bad' according to statistics.

2 to 3 times as many whites are 'murdered' by police.

I don't see honks ambushing police or burning down their neighborhoods or being exploited by the Obama administration.

Why's that?

delldude said:
Less than 1/2 of 1% of cops are 'bad' according to statistics.

2 to 3 times as many whites are 'murdered' by police.

I don't see honks ambushing police or burning down their neighborhoods or being exploited by the Obama administration.

Why's that?

You're right.  Why bother trying anything different.  I can't help but think of Sandra Bland, who had a taser pointed at her head for not putting out a cigarette in her own car.  She got arrested.  The woman in this video said that if she had a gun, she'd kill the cop.  She was told to have a nice day.  Why's that

Last edited by a moderator:
When a cop tried talking to known criminal thug Michael Brown, he got punched in the face.

The only obligation a LEO has is to make it home safely.

Thugs don't deserve respect when they act belligerent.

Karma always has a way to put things back in perspective.

Bill Vestrup said:
When a cop tried talking to known criminal thug Michael Brown, he got punched in the face.

The only obligation a LEO has is to make it home safely.

Thugs don't deserve respect when they act belligerent.

Karma always has a way to put things back in perspective.

With a mindset like that, things will never change.  You're talking about ONE guy....what about the guy selling loosies?  What about the guy killed while running AWAY from a cop?  What about the guy pulled over for a traffic violation who was killed because he had his legal CCW weapon with him?  How about the guy killed being transported to jail?  What about the guy killed because the deputy mistook his pistol for a taser?  

KCFlyer said:

With a mindset like that, things will never change.  You're talking about ONE guy....what about the guy selling loosies?  What about the guy killed while running AWAY from a cop?  What about the guy pulled over for a traffic violation who was killed because he had his legal CCW weapon with him?  How about the guy killed being transported to jail?  What about the guy killed because the deputy mistook his pistol for a taser?  

Were they all black?

delldude said:

Were they all black?

The dead ones were.  You all give this "just cooperate with the nice policeman and this won't happen".  Suppose Sandra Bland put out her cigarette and then told the cop what the soccer mom told the cop who pulled her over..."if I had a gun I'd kill you".  Would the nice officer have given her the ticket and told her to have a nice day?  

Zom JFK said:
What's the use. You guys just don't get it. These guys were not executed. Only a fool could see it that way. You act as if the cop walked up and shot him for selling loose cigarettes. If he didn't resist he would probably be alive today.
He was choked to death. When you distill it down, he was till executed by the state for selling cigarettes. Did I miss his trial?

He wasn't choked to death (yes I saw the video). He was still alive after the police subdued him. There's a reason the police involved weren't prosecuted. The only place black men are being "executed" is in your mind.

Zom JFK said:
He wasn't choked to death (yes I saw the video). He was still alive after the police subdued him. There's a reason the police involved weren't prosecuted. The only place black men are being "executed" is in your mind.
So you examined the body Quincy?

vlcsnap-2014-11-29-22h47m06s197.png

Choke hold by cop killed NY man, medical examiner says

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/01/justice/new-york-choke-hold-death/

The New York City medical examiner's office Friday confirmed what demonstrators had been saying for weeks: A police officer's choke hold on a man being arrested for selling loose cigarettes killed him.

700UW said:
Glad you think a man being killed by cops is funny.

If Trayvon hadn't broke the law and got stoned, he wouldn't have had to go to the store to satisfy his munchies...

If Michael Brown hadn't broken the law shoplifting, he wouldn't have had to attack the police officer.

If Eric Gardner hadn't broken the law 30 times selling cigarettes previously, he wouldn't have had an encounter with the police.

One can go on with this all day......

And you're glad?

delldude said:

If Trayvon hadn't broke the law and got stoned, he wouldn't have had to go to the store to satisfy his munchies...

If Michael Brown hadn't broken the law shoplifting, he wouldn't have had to attack the police officer.

If Eric Gardner hadn't broken the law 30 times selling cigarettes previously, he wouldn't have had an encounter with the police.

One can go on with this all day......

And you're glad?
Didnt know all those were Capital Crimes.

Back