Happy AMT Day!

Ken MacTiernan

Veteran
Aug 12, 2003
San Diego CA
www.amtausa.com
Happy AMT Day to all those who maintain AA's fleet of aircraft. Today recognizes the first Aircraft Mechanic and all those who followed in his footsteps. With almost all 50 United States, Commonwealths and Territories having introduced and passed their respective State AMT Day Resolutions and the United States Congress having done the same our craft is being recognized for the responsibilities that must be carried each time an aircraft is in our care. There are efforts to have the United States Senate to introduce a similar resolution as that passed through Congress.

Many celebrations have/are taking place this weekend in honor of Charles E. Taylor's birthday. Regardless of the size of the celebration it is a moment to remember our craft's past and to think of our craft's future.

Happy AMT Day to all those who maintain AA's fleet of aircraft. Today recognizes the first Aircraft Mechanic and all those who followed in his footsteps. With almost all 50 United States, Commonwealths and Territories having introduced and passed their respective State AMT Day Resolutions and the United States Congress having done the same our craft is being recognized for the responsibilities that must be carried each time an aircraft is in our care. There are efforts to have the United States Senate to introduce a similar resolution as that passed through Congress.

Many celebrations have/are taking place this weekend in honor of Charles E. Taylor's birthday. Regardless of the size of the celebration it is a moment to remember our craft's past and to think of our craft's future.
In addition to the AA AMT's;

...a happy AMT day to all those AMT's who have been laid off, gone on strike (and replaced), and those who have simply moved on to another career field.

We are still aircraft mechanics, and always will be at heart.

Greetings everyone! New jersey has passed their State AMT Day resolution! On May 21st, 2009 N.J. became the 50th State AMT Day Resolution to be passed amongst the United States, Commonwealths and Territories. Only a few more remain to be passed. This all started because of Richard Dilbeck's dream of having all AMTs from across the aircraft maintenance community to be recognized for their contributions to maintaining our county's fleet of aircraft safe and airworthy.

I have updated the AMTA web site with photos from our most recent bronze bust of Charles E. Taylor donation to Southwest Airlines on May 21st, 2009 at their maintenance facility at Love Field, TX. http://www.amtausa.com/swa.html. The AMTA is waiting for details for the bust of Taylor which will be donated to the United States Air Force Academy. Once details are finalized they will be posted. I have also uploaded pictures from different AMT Day 2009 celebrations at http://www.amtausa.com/amtday2009.html. More photos will be added as they are sent to me. As always, I thank you all for your continued support in the AMTA and our goals of promoting our proud craft and profession! Sincerely, Ken MacTiernan Director AMTA