New Jersey

Ken MacTiernan

Veteran
Aug 12, 2003
San Diego CA
www.amtausa.com
The New Jersey AMT Day Resolution that was introduced last year did not make it to a final Assembly due to calendar restrictions. However, Senator Nicholas Sacco had reintroduced on Jan. 8th, 2008 the resolution again and it was referred to the Senate Transportation Committee. On February 21 it was reported by the Senate Transportation Committee for a possible second reading which will take place in the next session in March. The New Jersey AMT Day Resolution is now referred to as Senate Joint Resolution #15, or SJR #15. I say "possible" because it depends on how full or busy the Senate Transportation Committee's calendar is for the next session. SJR #15 may have to wait till the following session.

After SJR #15 passes the Senate Transportation Committee it will then go before the full Assembly for a vote. Senator Sacco remains committed to having New Jersey recognize all of the skilled AMTs in New Jersey. If you live in New Jersey or work in New Jersey feel free to contact Senator Nicholas Sacco and the other members of the Senate Transportation Committee and urge them to vote to move SJR #15 forward. If you do not work or live in New Jersey you can still lend your voice in recognizing today's skilled AMTs. There are only a few more States to pass their respective AMT Day Resolutions and with your help that number will shorten. The National AMT Day Resolution is to go before Congress this spring. If there are any questions about the remaining State or National AMT Day Resolutions contact me at [email protected]. Thank you for your support.

New Jersey passed their State AMT Day Resolution on May 21st, 2009! This makes the 50th passed United States, Commonwealths and Territories resolution. The AMTA wishes to thank Senator Nicholas J. Sacco and Assemblyman Vincent Prieto for introducing this resolution and having them passed by unanimous votes. I also wish to thank everyone who helped support this AMT Day Resolution. Sincerely, Ken MacTiernan