Happy Profit Sharing Day!

Glenn Quagmire said:
If I was a mechanic at Delta, I would not be pushing for a union at all.
it's noteworthy that maintenance at DL has long had some of the lowest interest in unions compared to other workgroups.

Glenn Quagmire said:
I know we disagree on most everything,but I gave you a plus get you out of the red. All of you deltoids deserve a big pat on the back. Nice work!
If I was a mechanic at Delta, I would not be pushing for a union at all.
Too bad that whole treating people like professionals hasn't expanded into places like ACS or IFS...

does getting paid above average salaries not constitute being treated like a professional?

you wanna know what AA, DL, and UA reported as the average salaries for the category "passenger, cargo, and aircraft handling?"

let me tell you.

for 2013

AA - $43,107
DL - $50,057
UA - $29,332

you are being paid like a professional.

too bad your unionized peers at AA and UA are not

Who hates Delta? I think most people on this board will admit DL runs a good operation, it's you everyone has a problem with....

they hate that DL is running the operation they do without unions.

For you or anyone to deny that is the height of deceit.

personally I don't hate DL   yes I agree theyre a well run company  but the employees in my own opin would do far better with union representation    currently theyre at will   and DL can and has made changes against their will   

your opinion doesn't count, robbed.

DL employees get to decide their own future.

they have consistently voted against representation and will continue to do so once the IAM and its lies and suckups are shown to be what they are.

know $h!t   your opin definitely DOES NOT COUNT either Sherlock    They have not had as many votes as you allege   Now Quit Acting Like a Know it all bec you truly make yourself look like a J@ck@$$

DL FAs have voted 3 times. the total number of DL representation votes has been at least 10.

There are very few other companies that have had as many votes as DL has had and unions have still come up empty handed.

The unions are still trying to get back the tens of thousands of NW jobs they lost.

It is about nothing but money on the part of the unions; the evidence is overwhelming that they can't deliver what DL employees have enjoyed.

the only thing that Kev is right about is that things are just now heating up.

some people are going to get burnt real bad in the next few months.

my only issue is the fact that since delta cut a separate check for profit sharing, the federal withholding rate is a flat 25%.  if the profit sharing was combined with our regular check, normal withholding rates would apply.  for me personally, i think it cost me somewhere around an extra $1000 in federal withholding.

why do i need the federal government to hold my money until i file next year?

whip   they should of been able to lump it in and keep it normal      I know its different but when we got our DOS bonus (FT=$1500; PT=$750) our union negotiated so that the bonus was lumped in with our reg pay so that the taxes would be normal.   instead of 2 separate things.    

Back