Has AA been backed into a corner?

I think both of you might want to back down a bit.... your usual senses of humor are markedly absent in the last couple posts.

Making it personal only makes you like the other 90% of posters here...

I'm having a vision of the scene from Seinfeld where Frank Costanza is screaming "YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME!!!"

Funny how the the threat of violence or jail helps keep most heated debates somewhat civil in person unlike the internet :p

Twisted? Uh-huh.

You're right, jimntx, and I apologize. You do know everything about corporate finance. Can't pull anything over on you.
Oh, so only those who blindly parrot the company line can pontificate on matters of finance. My mistake.

After all, LUV closed at $11.91 on Friday, meaning that investors value Southwest Airlines less than they do DAL, which closed at $13.34 and less than UAUA, which closed at $18.53 and even less than CAL, which closed at $19.45.
No, it means that LUV stock is trading in the range that the LUV wants it to trade. They have never allowed their stock to go much above $20/shr. If it does, and stays there, they split the stock. That's why there are several senior f/as at WN that (on paper) are millionaires. In the early days at WN, Herb couldn't afford to give the f/as raises; so, he gave them stock which has split multiple times over the years.

Latest posts

Back