Has a deal been made?

From the article:

" Michael Boyd, of aviation consultancy Boyd Group International, admits AMR has pricing problems but says its network is sound and that emerging from bankruptcy court the airline should be "a terrifying competitor."

I agree with Boyd. I think what the poster you were responding to means is the amount of devistation that is about to be unleashed upon the AA employees careers. AA will emerge as a major threat to the other airlines. 100% squarly on the backs of the employees.

Just a guess from what we saw and the other poor slobs that have already seen this, Massive furloughs in the pilot ranks, Pension gutted, pay cut somewhere in the area of 40 to 50%, work rules gutted, vacation cut way back, deadhead pay at 50%, no longevity credit for furlough for those out, base closures, Heavy Maint. outsourcing and anything else they can think of. AA will probably emerge with most of that 4 billion intact, all savings will come from the employees. When the dust settled US's largest crew base (PIT)was no more, that is how bad it can get. Pit went from 650+ departures a day to under 30 now, mostly express.

When they were done over here there were no F/O's left until the recalls came several years later. With maybe a few exceptions for pilots that could have bid capt at one time but didn't, every pilot left on the property had been a Capt. In 2001 the junior 737 left seaters were hired in 1988 and 89. the furloughs cut to the middle of 88. The combined US/AWA still don't number the aircraft and pilots that US had alone in 2001 even now, 10 years later.

No matter where you stand on the list over there, I recommend planning now, reduce debt while you can, put out feelers for job options, make a list of "toys" that can be liquidated for cash to cover mortgages and necessities etc.

I agree with Boyd. I think what the poster you were responding to means is the amount of devistation that is about to be unleashed upon the AA employees careers. AA will emerge as a major threat to the other airlines. 100% squarly on the backs of the employees.

Just a guess from what we saw and the other poor slobs that have already seen this, Massive furloughs in the pilot ranks, Pension gutted, pay cut somewhere in the area of 40 to 50%, work rules gutted, vacation cut way back, deadhead pay at 50%, no longevity credit for furlough for those out, base closures, Heavy Maint. outsourcing and anything else they can think of. AA will probably emerge with most of that 4 billion intact, all savings will come from the employees. When the dust settled US's largest crew base (PIT)was no more, that is how bad it can get. Pit went from 650+ departures a day to under 30 now, mostly express.

When they were done over here there were no F/O's left until the recalls came several years later. With maybe a few exceptions for pilots that could have bid capt at one time but didn't, every pilot left on the property had been a Capt. In 2001 the junior 737 left seaters were hired in 1988 and 89. the furloughs cut to the middle of 88. The combined US/AWA still don't number the aircraft and pilots that US had alone in 2001 even now, 10 years later.

No matter where you stand on the list over there, I recommend planning now, reduce debt while you can, put out feelers for job options, make a list of "toys" that can be liquidated for cash to cover mortgages and necessities etc.
Nah, don't try to sugar coat it.

What's even funnier is reading the terrified post of a frightened little troll who thinks he/she knows what's gonna happen in this bankruptcy. And yes karma has visited itself upon the shores of your little AArrogant oasis of denial and grandiosity. And karma has slapped you down. With that said, believe me: You have yet to fully appreciate the comeuppance that that karma will impose on you. You should be prepping yourself for the reaming that awaits your BK journey and jettison your grandiose dreams rooted in denial.

Somebody is full of hate.

AA's problems are our problems. We've seen what happens with BK. While many airlines has ceased to exist, I'll still take my odds going forward when compared to the LCC reality.

Nothing personal, and thank you for your concerns.

Reactions: 1 person
Aaviator I sure hope you don't fly planes, or you're putting on an act because your sure don't sound like the brightest bulb on the Xmas tree.

Nah, don't try to sugar coat it.

What's even funnier is reading the terrified post of a frightened little troll who thinks he/she knows what's gonna happen in this bankruptcy. And yes karma has visited itself upon the shores of your little AArrogant oasis of denial and grandiosity. And karma has slapped you down. With that said, believe me: You have yet to fully appreciate the comeuppance that that karma will impose on you. You should be prepping yourself for the reaming that awaits your BK journey and jettison your grandiose dreams rooted in denial.

Somebody is full of hate.

AA's problems are our problems. We've seen what happens with BK. While many airlines has ceased to exist, I'll still take my odds going forward when compared to the LCC reality.

Nothing personal, and thank you for your concerns.
Keroseuser is actually quite correct, I hope things do work out for you guys but you have only been in bankruptcy a very short, I guess the reality of it has not hit you yet and with your man Bates saying "management is our best ally through this". Good luck.

I hold no false allusions as to what is in store. Yours was the worst short of liquidation. They have gotten better since. I am an optimist but accept the reality that its out of my hands.

For the sake of some over here in "U" land I hope the date on the defibrillator has been checked and there's an ample supply of straight jackets to go around if the end result isn't some form of combination with AA.

Good luck to all!

Lets see..... ignore function: e b w g s. Ahhhhhh

I hold no false allusions as to what is in store. Yours was the worst short of liquidation. They have gotten better since. I am an optimist but accept the reality that its out of my hands.

For the sake of some over here in "U" land I hope the date on the defibrillator has been checked and there's an ample supply of straight jackets to go around if the end result isn't some form of combination with AA.

Good luck to all!

Don't judge every LCC employee by those that are active here. Most of us have enough sense to know that a merger would be disastrous for all employees concerned.

Good luck to all!

I don't think you get it no one over here wants to merge with you and I'm sure you feel the same way, again I really hope you do not have to go through what we did.

Good luck to all!

Don't judge every LCC employee by those that are active here. Most of us have enough sense to know that a merger would be disastrous for all employees concerned.
Thats why I said "some" sir. Thanks and good luck to us all.

luvthe9,
you might want to read more of the topics on the board.., anyhooo, again good luck to us all!

Oh who cares anymore. I said what I had to say just as others have but nobody has a clue. I won't say another word about it. I will watch the news and read my little articles about how fabulous this BK is for AA and watch the "force to be reckoned with" it becomes. The last thing I'll say about it is, "Wait, just wait". ;) Happy Weekend! ! ! !

Reactions: 2 people
Hopefully since I didn't read every single post if someone has said this then I apologize.

IF and that's a gigantic IF Senior Management of both airlines have agreed to merger/purchase you'll not be hearing a peep about it due to certain legal considerations such as Sarbanes-Oxley and Federal Bankruptcy law. now they can have all the ducks lined up so when the appropriate time comes it's pretty much a done deal except for the courts final approval.

it's a foregone conclusion that the employees will not fare well and the AA side will likely be told 'if you don't want a merger then you need to accept this contract" and that offer will be strikingly similar to whoever is courting AA. So it's looking like a pretty good haircut for AA employees no matter what transpires.

I'm not seeing this as a good deal for consumers either. less competition gives the remaining carriers more pricing power and this is especially true with smaller cities.

Hopefully since I didn't read every single post if someone has said this then I apologize.

IF and that's a gigantic IF Senior Management of both airlines have agreed to merger/purchase you'll not be hearing a peep about it due to certain legal considerations such as Sarbanes-Oxley and Federal Bankruptcy law. now they can have all the ducks lined up so when the appropriate time comes it's pretty much a done deal except for the courts final approval.

it's a foregone conclusion that the employees will not fare well and the AA side will likely be told 'if you don't want a merger then you need to accept this contract" and that offer will be strikingly similar to whoever is courting AA. So it's looking like a pretty good haircut for AA employees no matter what transpires.

I'm not seeing this as a good deal for consumers either. less competition gives the remaining carriers more pricing power and this is especially true with smaller cities.

As an airline employee I like the notion of carriers having pricing power. This industry has operated irrationally since the inception of deregulation. If the flying public is paying for airfares and the goods and services they use then they should pay for them. It's good for the company and good for the employees. Basic business sense. I also agree with you in that there will be casualties in a merger IF there were to be one. Who knows what's going to happen? I know I don't. I just know when I go to work I try to control the things I can control and those I can't I leave alone. Keeps me sane.

signals:

Yet another UShole who thinks I work for the airlines :p :rolleyes: :p
Get your facts straight, because you're the one being reamed :p

Reactions: 1 person
It really doesn't matter to me if you work for an airline or not. Or if you work or not. Or if your wife or girlfriend or your boyfriend works for an airline. I know what I'm talking about about having been reamed in BK. And I know about surviving it WHOLE. Now whether or not AA reamed you somebody did because to do sound like "frightened little troll who thinks he/she knows what's gonna happen in this bankruptcy." None of
Could someone interpret what this bitter man/woman is talking about? :p

PS Your opinion matters as much to me as a bowel movement :p

Reactions: 2 people