Hatfield for 591 Treasurer - HOW ABOUT NO!

Bob: No one that knows you is surprised when you make a post that is substantially inaccurate. The problem is not pointing out the errors, it’s keeping track of them.

For instance: A5 Passes

The Truth: For many years a designated number of the top officers of each Union at American are granted an equal number of A5 passes. That includes the APA, the APFA, and the TWU. Local officers like you get A10‘s or A12‘s while on Union Business. There are no company paid Admirals Club Memberships involved.

So you are admitting they get A-5 Passes, which can be used for pleasure as well as business and the family goes as well. Where is the inaccracy?

Gless admitted to Steve Gukelbereger and I that along with the A-5 came Admirals Club admission, this was around three years ago at LGA as we were getting on a flight to DFW.

AA Pensions:

The Truth: AA Pensions are not based on any individual’s Local or International Union salary. Pension vesting and pension credited service continues for Union Leave of Absence or UB Time, with the final average salary that would be attributed to an active employee in the same classification, title group, and length of service as the individual on union leave. You should know that since it applies to you exactly the same way while you are on union leave as Local President.

Not quite.

Local Presidents under UBB were not on a Union Leave, we remained on payroll.

Page 9 of the SPD on the Pension in Jetnet says that "Pensionable compensation for Union Leave is at the rate reported by the Union." What rate other than what they pay them could they report? If they reported a different rate other than what they pay them that would be fraud. I showed this to the Internationals lawyers and they both read it the same way, their AA Pension would be based on what the Union pays them. I contacted the company and asked them, they refused to answer, their reply after 10 days was "Ask your union". Read the whole paragraph under the asterick, if it was as you say then why didnt it say that? The sentence on Military or Overage Leave is pretty clear, "Pensionable Compensation for Overage and Military Leave is based on your rate of pay when the leave began plus increases, if any, earned while on leave."

So would you like to go into more detail about the pension that they earn from the TWU concurrantly with the AA pension with a 2.5 multiplier based on their best year? Local Presidents dont get that either.

Reactions: 3 people
Ok Don....Bob V...and Soldivier or which ever suck butt sell out scumbag you are. You have either already forgotten your friends/fellow coworkers and thier plight. Or are ready and willing to sell them out for a six figure salary and life time A5 passes. A deal with the devil will cost your soul....burn baby burn! Do you pukes even have a conscious? ?

Reactions: 2 people
Ok Don....Bob V...and Soldivier or which ever suck butt sell out scumbag you are. You have either already forgotten your friends/fellow coworkers and thier plight. Or are ready and willing to sell them out for a six figure salary and life time A5 passes. A deal with the devil will cost your soul....burn baby burn! Do you pukes even have a conscious? ?

FURP,

Don't have an aneurysm fighting the appointed stooge, because you don't have good medical coverage like he does. :p

Calm down Jerry

Bob:

There is no company provided Admirals Club membership with the A5, A10, or
A12 passes authorized for you or other union representatives of the APA, APFA, or TWU.

Also, you should take the time to read the 2012 TWU contract rather than rely on Jetnet for your contract interpretation. AA Pensions are not based on any individual’s Local or International Union salary. Pension vesting and pension credited service continues for Union Leave of Absence or UB Time, with the final average salary that would be attributed to an active employee in the same classification, title group, and length of service as the individual on union leave. You should know that since it applies to you exactly the same way while you are on union business or union leave.

ARTICLE 40 – RETIREMENT BENEFIT

(B) (4) After December 31, 1976, credited service will not include periods of unpaid hours in excess of one hundred eighty (180) hours in a calendar year. A leave of absence for Union business for which the employee member has been paid by the Union will be counted as credited service for the Plan.

(c) (2) For purposes of the preceding paragraph, "on the active payroll" means actually
at work. It will also include employees who retire from the active payroll in the calendar
month preceding September 01, 1985, those who are on a paid sick or vacation period,
on an overage leave, or on a Union leave on September 01, 1985. It does not include
employees who are on a personal leave of absence, unpaid sick leave, or other unpaid
absence from work on September 01, 1985, unless they actually return to work.

Reactions: 1 person
Still have not put anything out that says their pension from AA is not based on what the Union pays them which is what it says in the SPD. Union leave is not the same as UBB, UBP, UBC, or the newly created UBI. Under these forms of UB we remain on Payroll. On Union Leave they don't. Keep spinning. Even if the new agreement said they dont under ERISA they cant take away a benefit once its earned, they would be reduced if they dumped the pensions in the PBGC but that didn't happen.

Still have not put anything out that says their pension from AA is not based on what the Union pays them which is what it says in the SPD. Union leave is not the same as UBB, UBP, UBC, or the newly created UBI. Under these forms of UB we remain on Payroll. On Union Leave they don't. Keep spinning. Even if the new agreement said they dont under ERISA they cant take away a benefit once its earned, they would be reduced if they dumped the pensions in the PBGC but that didn't happen.

Bob,

I have a question, since the new agreement makes no reference to the TWU International representatives receiving a 401k, will they? I guess my question comes down to this, since they recieve no pay, from AA to contribute the 3 to 5% match, they cannot get a match. The same as an AA employee who contributes get zero. Maybe realityck will have the answer for that one as well, he seems to be an insider when it comes to TWU International payouts.

Reactions: 2 people
Bob,

I have a question, since the new agreement makes no reference to the TWU International representatives receiving a 401k, will they? I guess my question comes down to this, since they recieve no pay, from AA to contribute the 3 to 5% match, they cannot get a match. The same as an AA employee who contributes get zero. Maybe realityck will have the answer for that one as well, he seems to be an insider when it comes to TWU International payouts.

I dont know. He cant be too inside because his claims are wrong.

Shortly after the concessions were declared ratified I brought the Yingst letter up to the ATD where it said that when we go on UB we dont lose on our pension so they need to code us UBC when we take UB. Then I heard that a new code was created where the International was able to take the savings from getting rid of UBB and pay people they pick instead of people the members pick UBI, perhaps UBI stands for Union Business "International", where the company not only pays ASAP, Working Together, Benefits and other International committeess but our appointed International reps as well because I believe the Yingst letter covers Union Leave as well. The company does not share with the Local Presidents who they put on UBI. Remember we are not party to the agreement. One way or another you can be sure that the appointed in the International struck a secret deal where they are still getting both their pensions funded, one by us through our dues and one from the company funded by our concessions.