Haven't Heard About the Extra 4% in Equity to be Held Aside?

FWAAA said:
While it's almost 50% of the day 120 distribution, it is supposed to be 14% of the total TWU equity from all distributions (from Dec 9 thru day 120).    

How many TWU members took the early out and were excluded by the TWU from receiving any equity?   I thought it was about 10% or so, and thus 10% of the equity sounds like a reasonable reserve in case they win.   
I am HORRIBLE at math so I will let you or anyone answer this one. Is it possible to figure out how many shares I will receive if the early out folks lose their case?

AANOTOK said:
I am HORRIBLE at math so I will let you or anyone answer this one. Is it possible to figure out how many shares I will receive if the early out folks lose their case?
Taking NYer's numbers in post  #424 at face value (I don't know if they're accurate), the reserve appears to be about 91% of the amount distributed on day 120, so in round numbers,  approximately  90% of whatever you received last week.

Reactions: 1 person
2ndGENAMT said:
Extra shares are for 757 grievance if you were part of that group.

WeAAsles said:

WeAAsles

We would not have the option of tapping into the anger of the membership against the TWU if they did their job, now would we?

You are and always have been the TWU. Any union needs to have ALL of it's members participating if it's going to be successful. How have ALL of you fought against outsourcing?

TWU using union members money (equity) to pay a grievance? What a crock of bovine excrement!

Per Weasel: I am the TWU. I need to participate.  I don't recall getting to vote on that crap the TWU allowed.

Had enough yet? I have!
TWU GOTTA GO!

My last distribution #'s

Initial day one distribution $10,440
The last distribution 28% = $2,923
Divided by $35.78 share price
Equals 81 shares before reserve and taxes
I received 77 shares after reserve
The TWU took 4 shares, another 4.9%
I received 43 after taxes and reserve

Just divide your initial distribution by .52 and you'll get what your total dollar value was. If you then take 14% of your total value, that will be approximately what TWU is holding.

In my case, the reserve being held is about $2,810.

Don't beat this dead horse.

The TWU sucks. They still have not given each individual member their actual total distribution and how they have arrived at the exact distribution. We should receive a document informing us of this in the mail.

Ok,, so now the union owes me another approx $3k assuming they win. And the company owes me more $$ for the match assuming they win or lose, I haven't quite figured that out yet.

My God... the company and the union have turned this into such a fiasco that it literally takes years and years to resolve and all the employees/members get eaten alive by the same ones that created the mess.

AANYER said:
The TWU sucks. They still have not given each individual member their actual total distribution and how they have arrived at the exact distribution. We should receive a document informing us of this in the mail.
They do suck!  The TWU should have sent us an individual statement at the time of each distribution. But, they kept telling us that they had no clue as to the amount of the shares/values of shares we were entitled to until day 120.. Using that logic, they would not know what were entitled to till the very end? But on the first distribution they knew, so why not send us a statement showing us the math? We never received a statement with any of the distributions up until day 120. With that  distribution they come out with the calculator. The TWU did backwards math to prove that what we have in our accounts is correct, The statement should have also shown us all of the information, including the amount of shares or dollar value withheld in reserves with each of our distributions, This way we would have some idea as to what we would be entitled to if we win the lawsuit. But, we will never know any of this...because once again, the TWU is NOT BEING TRANSPARENT...and is not giving us any of the information that we are entitled to!

Reactions: 2 people
DallasConehead said:
Let me see if I understand this correctly, you posted that the TWU held nearly as many shares, (by court order) in reserve as was distributed to the membership?Edit: So I would have gotten nearly 2x as many shares on day 120 if not for the reserve?
Correct

NYer said:
What's different?
You stated "the original 5% was to be taken from the total which meant a cut from each distribution. According to court documents the other 5% plus 4% were to be taken from the final distribution".

Then you said this "According to the wording in the Court Order, it seems there was enough value taken from the final distribution as to satisfy 14% of the total amount of shares distributed.

Maybe interpretation is wrong, but seems to me you are saying they took the total 14% from the final distribution. Otherwise, why would the comment even be necessary. We knew after 120 the 14% would be completely satisfied.

Latest posts