TWU.....Transparency Now on Equity Distribution!

1AA said:
You just keep on defending the TWU over and over. Are you really an AMT or what?
You must have a personal interest or a agenda. No other explanation I can see.

Calling me into question shows you can't engage in a factual debate. If you can't deal with the message, then you take on the messenger.

It's your credibility, not mine, if you'd rather participate in this fashion.

1AA said:
I see you feel threatened over change. You would rather sail the same course on the sinking ship.

Threatened? All I'm saying is that if you want to save my life you need to get me to a ship that's NOT sinking. I gain nothing going from sinking ship, to sinking ship.

You want to get me off the Titanic, then you throw me in a lifeboat that's also sinking? Not really a net gain. eh.

Rogallo said:
And let's not forget about the grievance being paid to members from other members equity!  

What?

That's right. Union money being used to pay grievances. Shouldn't that be company money?

TWU GOTTA GO!

Well, ordinarily yes.

But it just so happens that we were in a BK and the monies owed due to those grievances became part of the "proof of claim" all creditors must submit in order to get those debts paid.

More to the point, the shares for the grievances were "in addition" to the other shares awarded. Without the 757 grievance or the healthcare grievance the 4.8% Equity would have been less. Therefore, those that didn't get any shares because of those two issues didn't really contribute towards that since they were self funded by additional equity.

NYer said:

Calling me into question shows you can't engage in a factual debate. If you can't deal with the message, then you take on the messenger.

It's your credibility, not mine, if you'd rather participate in this fashion.
No it does not. Your opinion. Credibility? Who's? The TWU? They have none left.

Reactions: 1 person
NYer said:

Threatened? All I'm saying is that if you want to save my life you need to get me to a ship that's NOT sinking. I gain nothing going from sinking ship, to sinking ship.

You want to get me off the Titanic, then you throw me in a lifeboat that's also sinking? Not really a net gain. eh.
Not interested in your life. You need to save yourself. The TWU is not worth saving anymore for the AMT's. The only ones I have come across that defend the TWU with a sword are the ones who have agendas or ramp upgrades who believe the TWU is better than any other union out there. The TWU treated the ramp better than the AMT's over the years because the ramp has more members. Welcome to the new TWU representing the M&R. Virtually non existent. TWU has no transparency what so ever because they have deals and scams going on all the time and do not want to be exposed by the membership.

Reactions: 2 people
The 757 monies should have gone to all mechanics. Why? Because all mechanics paid the price in 2003 to keep that work in house. If anything the line guys paid more than OH to keep that work. More line guys were affected by the loss of shift premiums and the changes to Holidays cost the line guys a lot more than it did the base guys. The base guys lost 5 days off with pay, the equivilant of 40 hours pay, they still got five days off with pay. The line guys always had to work most if not all the Holidays but lost 2.5x in addition to the five days so they lost 120 hours of pay each year.  When we work the five holidays still in the contract we are working them for half pay.  The Holiday concession cost the line guys triple what it cost the base guys.

Reactions: 3 people
Bob Owens said:
The 757 monies should have gone to all mechanics. Why? Because all mechanics paid the price in 2003 to keep that work in house. If anything the line guys paid more than OH to keep that work. More line guys were affected by the loss of shift premiums and the changes to Holidays cost the line guys a lot more than it did the base guys. The base guys lost 5 days off with pay, the equivilant of 40 hours pay, they still got five days off with pay. The line guys always had to work most if not all the Holidays but lost 2.5x in addition to the five days so they lost 120 hours of pay each year.  When we work the five holidays still in the contract we are working them for half pay.  The Holiday concession cost the line guys triple what it cost the base guys.

Unfortunately, the 757 portion of the Equity came from a grievance filed and settled. Since the grievance had a monetary value it became part of the bankruptcy. If that grievance would have gone to Arbitration those mechanics not effected directly by the grievance would not have been included in the decision.

The grievance was not about shift premiums or holidays.

NYer said:

Unfortunately, the 757 portion of the Equity came from a grievance filed and settled. Since the grievance had a monetary value it became part of the bankruptcy. If that grievance would have gone to Arbitration those mechanics not effected directly by the grievance would not have been included in the decision.

The grievance was not about shift premiums or holidays.
Bob is correct....so basically the 757 grievance was paid for by all other members!

1AA, NYer, Metalmover

Going back and forth about the TWU and who did what and said is it really important?
Bob and the newly elected 591 officers are paid by the TWU. Gary sits on the equity committee. They all gave themselves a pay raise, just like Little, Don V. and the rest of the old Intl. gang. It is simply the TWU am I right? The company is the one giving us the stock so why did the TWU want or get to handle that? Grease the palms maybe, For our contract and for all the concessions.

We will never find out the real numbers, why/how each person got what. The TWU is going to hold another 5% to protect itself which delays money coming to all.
That money will gain interest who get that? (TWU)

About the only way we might get some type of explanation is just before we kick them to the curb. Just like back in 2001 when AMFA at NWA was pushing the industry standards. The TWU had a scare and created the line locals. But the same Intl. negotiates for all TWU members.

Just be HONEST, ask yourself just what the TWU has done to better your quality of life in monetary ways? Then ask yourself if the TWU again screwed you with this stock equity distribution, have they changed their ways? "NO" The screwing/scamming still continue and will as long as we keep them here.

Haven't YOU ALL HAD JUST ENOUGH OF THE TWU?​

The officer of 591 made a video to vote "NO" on this contract, but had zero follow thru at least here in Miami, The union reps and local pres at that time never came to the floor an pushed the "NO". The west coast local pres. sent out some emails but the TWU left it up to us. The TWU knows the work force is disengaged and lacks caring due to all the yrs the TWU has just failed.

No snapback clause in our past contract, no retro, no holidays, no 2x, no weeks of vacation back, sick time at 1/2 time. Do I really need to list it all?

This stock thing is just another, in the line of many TWU's failures.

HAD ENOUGH YET????​
 ​
It's Time to make a change that will make a difference.​

This is the only thing the TWU fears. Who will they get this time to do their dirty work? The IBT screwed us big time with their fictitious drive to lock out AMFA. Maybe they will take another 5% of our equity to hire a PR firm to discredit AMFA.
Coming to a AA station near you.

AMFAinMIAMI said:
1AA, NYer, Metalmover

Going back and forth about the TWU and who did what and said is it really important?
Bob and the newly elected 591 officers are paid by the TWU. Gary sits on the equity committee. They all gave themselves a pay raise, just like Little, Don V. and the rest of the old Intl. gang. It is simply the TWU am I right? The company is the one giving us the stock so why did the TWU want or get to handle that? Grease the palms maybe, For our contract and for all the concessions.

We will never find out the real numbers, why/how each person got what. The TWU is going to hold another 5% to protect itself which delays money coming to all.
That money will gain interest who get that? (TWU)

About the only way we might get some type of explanation is just before we kick them to the curb. Just like back in 2001 when AMFA at NWA was pushing the industry standards. The TWU had a scare and created the line locals. But the same Intl. negotiates for all TWU members.

Just be HONEST, ask yourself just what the TWU has done to better your quality of life in monetary ways? Then ask yourself if the TWU again screwed you with this stock equity distribution, have they changed their ways? "NO" The screwing/scamming still continue and will as long as we keep them here.

Haven't YOU ALL HAD JUST ENOUGH OF THE TWU?​

The officer of 591 made a video to vote "NO" on this contract, but had zero follow thru at least here in Miami, The union reps and local pres at that time never came to the floor an pushed the "NO". The west coast local pres. sent out some emails but the TWU left it up to us. The TWU knows the work force is disengaged and lacks caring due to all the yrs the TWU has just failed.

No snapback clause in our past contract, no retro, no holidays, no 2x, no weeks of vacation back, sick time at 1/2 time. Do I really need to list it all?

This stock thing is just another, in the line of many TWU's failures.

HAD ENOUGH YET????​
 ​
It's Time to make a change that will make a difference.​
I don't disagree with you...But my point is that you keep asking if we've "HAD ENOUGH YET?" As if we can rid ourselves of the TWU as easily as turning off the lights. I wish that were possible. But there is a process.
And most of us have had enough..And the latest travesty of withholding even more equity from us to pay for a potential lawsuit ruling is outrageous.
So it IS BUSINESS AS USUAL WITH THE TWU EVEN WITH A NEW REGIME!
...But these things take time. When it comes time for another filing by AMFA, then we will sign cards again and hopefully get to a vote.

One good thing about time...the longer effects of the current contract, the more we will have seen more OH jobs outsourced AS PER THE TWU CONTRACT.
Then when the AMFA vote comes, the TWU will have to defend themselves even more has to how they saved jobs..

Patience is a virtue!

MetalMover said:
I don't disagree with you...But my point is that you keep asking if we've "HAD ENOUGH YET?" As if we can rid ourselves of the TWU as easily as turning off the lights. I wish that were possible. But there is a process.
And most of us have had enough..And the latest gravest of withholding even more equity from us to pay for a potential lawsuit ruling is outrageous.
...But these things take time. When it comes time for another filing by AMFA, then we will sign cards again and hopefully get to a vote.

One good thing about time...the longer effects of the current contract, the more we ill all see TULE numbers dwindle. Then when the AMFA vote comes, the TWU will have to defend themselves even more has to how they saved jobs..

Patience is a virtue!
Cards are being signed as we speak across the system. Line stations and overhaul.
The time is now. Waiting until the one year ban is lifted will be way too late.

1AA said:
Cards are being signed as we speak across the system. Line stations and overhaul.
The time is now. Waiting until the one year ban is lifted will be way too late.
I believe my last card signing is still valid. When I get another one I will sign it.

MetalMover said:
I believe my last card signing is still valid. When I get another one I will sign it.
From what I was told the NMB did not return the cards or they did later on. By the time the one year ban is over all previous cards signed will have been expired. Sign again.
Contact someone at your station for info. I am sure someone here on this board with more info than myself can assist you if need be.

MetalMover said:
And most of us have had enough..And the latest gravest of withholding even more equity from us to pay for a potential lawsuit ruling is outrageous.

One good thing about time...the longer effects of the current contract, the more we will have seen more OH jobs outsourced AS PER THE TWU CONTRACT.
Then when the AMFA vote comes, the TWU will have to defend themselves even more has to how they saved jobs..

Patience is a virtue!

MetalMover

It's not just you its for all that read this board. I know the process and what needs to get done to remove the TWU.

Getting enough cards to get a filing and then a vote is the issue, patience is some thing I don't have at this point. I have only a few yrs left, this is for the many who will remain long after I and some of the other organizers will be gone.

Time is something else we don't have much time of. The IAM/TWU alliance is doing it's due diligence to prepare for this merger and save dues. Many on the floor say we screwed the pooch the last time. It was AMFA's fault and the organizers. How many more times do I need to sign these things. I have had enough I am not signing those cards again its a waste of time. Statements made by fellow employees. How many guys in your break room are talking about and pushing to remove the TWU?
How many guys are collecting cards at your station? If its not everyone then I guess they still believe the TWU is the best. That is why I continue to ask? Enough YET?

The effects of this current contract and past contracts every day are reflected in the amount of money you save or invest. Our pension is frozen, "YES" we have a 401k.

The next contract will be here before you know it, I DON'T want the TWU for that.

Latest posts