Headquarters Moving To Clt?

Smartest Loser said:
Headhunter wrote: "The CLT municipal authorities and Bank of America have been offering numerous inducements for US to relocate its HDQ to CLT."

True...We heard the CEO of Bank of America offered Seth 20 floors of the new bank building downtown rent free. Of course this was back in 1995, of course they declined.
[post="257319"][/post]​

All:

Watch for an 11th hour lease rejection for CCY
and other DC properties just prior to emergence
from CH11, version 2.0

US senior management would be very foolish not
to take advantage of the opportunity.

well, i have been consistently unimpressed with the argument to relocate U HQ, but I've changed my mind. I suspect that those staff that are still sticking it out at U would probably appreciate the move, since they cant afford to live in DC. Those that would never consider moving may have left already. And we all know that U still needs an upper management shake up.

RowUnderDCA said:
well, i have been consistently unimpressed with the argument to relocate U HQ, but I've changed my mind. I suspect that those staff that are still sticking it out at U would probably appreciate the move, since they cant afford to live in DC. Those that would never consider moving may have left already. And we all know that U still needs an upper management shake up.
[post="257377"][/post]​

You are consistently "Unimpressed" with the arguement to relocate U's HQ's ?

Gee....but I'll bet you have supported all the other supposed cost savings measures that are in place. What say Ye?

If the name of the game is cost savings here ? The costs need to be reduced in whatever shape or form it can come from , Saving even a 100k a year on a lease..is the exact same savings as tossing 3.1 middle salary types to the curb....only thing is , those employee's provide a service with tons of expierience behind them doing it. A building or an office space is nothing more than square footage...and if the people in that square footage are with a darn? , no matter where they are , nothing is lost...and much is to be gained.

Again...CCY needs to be shed of the isolated disconnect they currently have....and again. if it boils down to ending the isolated disconnect...and leases can be had for FAR less...the logical choice is obvious.

The comments have also been made about MOC / OPS relocating from RIDC park in PIT. Well the Golden Goose opprotunity has been created with the ill-advised closure of all the support shops in the CLT Main Hangar alone. Very soon...the entire 2nd floor of the hangar will be vacant...and easily 1/3rd of the 3rd floor is vacant , yet we are still paying for square footage there , as if it were netting 100% utilization and productivity. That's the whole problem at U in a nutshell..shuffle the deck chairs on the Titanic...and waste or under-utilize the true organic assets

Bruce probably considers the cost savings from relocating HDQ to Charlotte to be just another small pimple........... :angry:

It costs so much to live in DC these days and US can't possibly be able to afford the salaries necessary to attract talent or to retain it. I can totally understand the desire to move somewhere else. Why not move to INT? I think it would be a really good idea to consolidate facilities in one place, so why move both INT and CCY?

One reason to stay in DC though is that there seems to be a good amount number of potential workers with airline knowledge/experience. US has plenty of openings to fill; do potential sites have a knowledgable labor supply to fill those openings?

Latest posts