Health Insurance Enrollment

yes however the high premiums have not gone done and that is why the ACA did not fix the problem

700UW said:
People dont realize that before the ACA your high premiums and high cost of healthcare was subsidizing the uninsured.
So now, after ACA has become law, healthcare cost and premiums are many multiples higher.
Who are they subsidizing now?

AANOTOK said:
Today, AA announced that Health insurance will be going up.(Surprise)

If you had the "Standard" or "Core" plan, you will see an increase of 8%.
If you had the "Value" plan or for those who remain in the "legacy US Airways" plan, you will pay an extra 10-12 percent.

WHAT RAISE?
For 2015, I am paying $3452.02 for a family under the Standard plan.

Per pamphlet released today, I will be paying $3900.60 for the same coverage.

That is a just a pinch under a 13% increase. I will assume that the 8% increase is for a single employee without a family.

Plus dental for family will increase approximately 60%!

Nice...

At one time I had the Value plan, but they have priced me out of that one.
I currently have the Standard for my wife and I and mine will be going up
approximately $47-$51 a month. And that is medical only. Haven't looked
at the Dental, Vision etc...

The thing that has always bothered me is the stinginess of the Dental program for such a large corporation.  When I was at Texaco (1979-1995) I had better coverage for less money than I have today.  $1000 maximum benefit????!!!  At today's dental prices that gets you 1 set of x-rays, 2 cleanings, a toothbrush, and a small tube of toothpaste.  

I had to have a crown replaced this year.  It was cheaper for me to fly down to Costa Rica and see the dentist who did my implants--he's an oral surgeon trained at (and used to be on the faculty at) the University of Miami dental school.  The cost for the crown here would have maxed out my dental insurance and I still would have owed several hundred dollars.

Latest posts

Back