Voting NO could mean NO COBRA INSURANCE

I want to stand in line all day in some county clinic waiting to see a nurse. I can't wait until the collection agency starts calling asking why I can't pay my emergency room bill.

This sounds great, where do I sign up?

I want to stand in line all day in some county clinic waiting to see a nurse. I can't wait until the collection agency starts calling asking why I can't pay my emergency room bill.

This sounds great, where do I sign up?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/21/2002 8:42:41 PM willnotworkforfree wrote:

there is always Welfare... [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif']
----------------
[/blockquote]no duh,lady in front of me at the grocery store the other day had better and more food and misc. on the belt than I did..Get me some of 'dem food stamps mista![img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif']

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/21/2002 8:42:41 PM willnotworkforfree wrote:

there is always Welfare... [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif']
----------------
[/blockquote]no duh,lady in front of me at the grocery store the other day had better and more food and misc. on the belt than I did..Get me some of 'dem food stamps mista![img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif']

Fly and Doitfordave are correct. In addition, if the company ceases to exist private insurance could cost an individual $500 to $1000 per month.

Who can afford this?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get another job. Every other job I have held had better health benefits even at U's best times. Chip I am voting to accept, but this time around I clearly understand and respect the negative voters point of view.
This health insurance thread is nonsense with people posting who have no real clue, never lived through hard or difficult times and listen to horror stories which are false. Reading this crap and one thinks if U fails people will die, sure they will! Been there done that and will do it again if necessary, tis life.

Fly and Doitfordave are correct. In addition, if the company ceases to exist private insurance could cost an individual $500 to $1000 per month.

Who can afford this?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get another job. Every other job I have held had better health benefits even at U's best times. Chip I am voting to accept, but this time around I clearly understand and respect the negative voters point of view.
This health insurance thread is nonsense with people posting who have no real clue, never lived through hard or difficult times and listen to horror stories which are false. Reading this crap and one thinks if U fails people will die, sure they will! Been there done that and will do it again if necessary, tis life.

Who can afford this?

I agree with those who said management must take cuts and step out in front of this extremely sickening situation.

However, we all have a choice on whether or not we want to work at this company, provided it survives past January.

With ratified agreements every employee is better off. For those who remain employed they have the option to stay at US Airways or quite. For those involuntary furloughed they get severance pay, COBRA, term pass privileges, J4J, recall rights, and a better than PBGC awarded pension (for those who have a DBCP).

I believe it is better to have the items listed above while job hunting than to not have any of this.

All of the labor unions are recommending TA approval. Why? Simply put, the union leaders know this time a "no vote" means almost instant liquidation/POR rejection and none of the benefits listed above will be available.

Chip

Who can afford this?

I agree with those who said management must take cuts and step out in front of this extremely sickening situation.

However, we all have a choice on whether or not we want to work at this company, provided it survives past January.

With ratified agreements every employee is better off. For those who remain employed they have the option to stay at US Airways or quite. For those involuntary furloughed they get severance pay, COBRA, term pass privileges, J4J, recall rights, and a better than PBGC awarded pension (for those who have a DBCP).

I believe it is better to have the items listed above while job hunting than to not have any of this.

All of the labor unions are recommending TA approval. Why? Simply put, the union leaders know this time a "no vote" means almost instant liquidation/POR rejection and none of the benefits listed above will be available.

Chip

Diogenes,
Thanks for the back-up. My intention in providing the HIPAA information was to help those who thought they would be unable to secure health coverage due to pre-existing conditions and reassure them that their rights to health insurance is protected by federal laws.

The beauty of this board is that each of us has a particular area of interest and/or knowledge and we have the ability to offer suggestions or resources to each other. It is nice to know you are working with insurance and a willing resource. I work p/t with HR and I am willing to share and/or research information to help my co-workers.

Diogenes,
Thanks for the back-up. My intention in providing the HIPAA information was to help those who thought they would be unable to secure health coverage due to pre-existing conditions and reassure them that their rights to health insurance is protected by federal laws.

The beauty of this board is that each of us has a particular area of interest and/or knowledge and we have the ability to offer suggestions or resources to each other. It is nice to know you are working with insurance and a willing resource. I work p/t with HR and I am willing to share and/or research information to help my co-workers.

MLT is essentially right reference HPPA.

I have been working with an independent insurance agent regarding private insurance. She has shown me an acceptable Blue Cross of NC plan. The rate sheet has me, a 40-45 aged male, paying between $170 and $200 a month for an individual plan. Yes, there are higher deductibles, OOP, etc., but it will keep you from going bankrupt if you have a catastrophic medical event. We are working very hard to get authoratative information regarding COBRA and HPPA. I am very determined to render one final service to my membership, so when I firm this up, I will provide a link on this board.

MLT is essentially right reference HPPA.

I have been working with an independent insurance agent regarding private insurance. She has shown me an acceptable Blue Cross of NC plan. The rate sheet has me, a 40-45 aged male, paying between $170 and $200 a month for an individual plan. Yes, there are higher deductibles, OOP, etc., but it will keep you from going bankrupt if you have a catastrophic medical event. We are working very hard to get authoratative information regarding COBRA and HPPA. I am very determined to render one final service to my membership, so when I firm this up, I will provide a link on this board.

MLT,

Do you have any idea of where folks can get definitive HIPPA/COBRA info? The insurance lady is researching this, but I'd really like independent confirmation of ANY information I get. Does HR have solid info? I'm coming into this deal ignorant, and we all obviously need to get up to speed.

While I'm waiting, I'm going to push the IAM and my local congress critter on this.

MLT,

Do you have any idea of where folks can get definitive HIPPA/COBRA info? The insurance lady is researching this, but I'd really like independent confirmation of ANY information I get. Does HR have solid info? I'm coming into this deal ignorant, and we all obviously need to get up to speed.

While I'm waiting, I'm going to push the IAM and my local congress critter on this.

diogenes,
All you have to do is enter HIPAA or COBRA in the search area and a list of resources appears. The best resources are the government sites. They offer thorough explanations as well as Q&A. Additionally, USAirways benefits is aware of the HIPAA regulations and I have been assured they will co-operate should the need arise.

Latest posts