Help Aa's China Application

MAH4546

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
As many of you know, American Airlines is proposing to start daily Chicago-Shanghai service. While this is only one route, the economic benefits that such a route can bring are tremendous. This is a market that has a lot of future potential, and for American Airlines to get a strong foothold in it early is great for the airline and great for AA's future. As many of you are AA employees here, I hope you support AA's cause, and, to do so, submit a docket in it's support. It takes less than five minutes of your time and is very easy to do.

To do so:
1) Go to http://dmses.dot.gov/submit/

2) Click "Continue" (no need to register)

3) Under "Docket ID", write OST-2004-19077-50 (no need to change anything else in the Document Information area; it is all pre-set)

4) Fill in as little/as much of the personel information that you wish to. They aren't going to send you spam or anything such if you give them your address, name, etc. This is the US government, they already have it. Click continue after this.

5) Write your comments in the comment box (leave the abstract box empty). This can be as simple as "I support American Airlines application for Chicago-Shanghai service" or an elaborate letter that states how you would benefit from the service, you feel the application is better than those by other airlines, etc., etc. The more you write, the better, just remember to keep it professional.

You can also write in opposition to other airlines applications and give reasons why, if you wish (i.e. "I also write in opposition of XXX's application for YYYY-China service because..."). When you are done, click submit.

The DOT does take these applications seriously, and reads every single one of them.

A simple search of the dockets, and you'll be happy to know that American Airlines, by far, has gotten the most support dockets. These include support letters by AA customers, corporations that fly AA frequently, and even the mayors of both Tulsa and Oklahoma City.

MAH4546 said:
As many of you know, American Airlines is proposing to start daily Chicago-Shanghai service. While this is only one route, the economic benefits that such a route can bring are tremendous. This is a market that has a lot of future potential, and for American Airlines to get a strong foothold in it early is great for the airline and great for AA's future. As many of you are AA employees here, I hope you support AA's cause, and, to do so, submit a docket in it's support. It takes less than five minutes of your time and is very easy to do.

To do so:
1) Go to http://dmses.dot.gov/submit/

2) Click "Continue" (no need to register)

3) Under "Docket ID", write OST-2004-19077-50 (no need to change anything else in the Document Information area; it is all pre-set)

4) Fill in as little/as much of the personel information that you wish to. They aren't going to send you spam or anything such if you give them your address, name, etc. This is the US government, they already have it. Click continue after this.

5) Write your comments in the comment box (leave the abstract box empty). This can be as simple as "I support American Airlines application for Chicago-Shanghai service" or an elaborate letter that states how you would benefit from the service, you feel the application is better than those by other airlines, etc., etc. The more you write, the better, just remember to keep it professional.

You can also write in opposition to other airlines applications and give reasons why, if you wish (i.e. "I also write in opposition of XXX's application for YYYY-China service because..."). When you are done, click submit.

The DOT does take these applications seriously, and reads every single one of them.

A simple search of the dockets, and you'll be happy to know that American Airlines, by far, has gotten the most support dockets. These include support letters by AA customers, corporations that fly AA frequently, and even the mayors of both Tulsa and Oklahoma City.
[post="188495"][/post]​

Yea right, and the next thing you know our jobs will go there too! No thanks.

Latest posts