Heterophobia?

Dude, I didn't link the site where they had pictures of children walking the streets watching this dysfunctional public display! Sponsored by Miller Beer. . . WTF Over?

Makes one wonder if you can flail your schwantz about and perform oral sex in public, would that disqualify one from being able to purchase a handgun?

It would appear that republicans beliefs can evolve regarding equal rights for gays. They have signed briefs in favor of equal rights to the SCOTUS and the two cases they will decide this summer.

Meg Whitman
Jon Huntsman
Christine Todd Whitman
Carlos Gutierrez

These along with several other prominent republicans are coming around. Not sure why but I hope it is partly because they realize they will be on the wrong side of history when this gets settled and the dust settles. I know a big part of it is votes as is everything in politics but sometimes people can do the right thing for the right reason.

Reactions: 1 person
If you wish to speak about gun laws there is another on going discussion here. The discussion here is referring to same sex couple rights and rights related to how a person can conduct ones personal life.

Someone wanna explain SELECTIVE rights :rolleyes:

That was quite a spin :p

American Foundation for Equal rights

Over 70 prominent republicans have signed on in favor of equal rights regarding marriage. With any luck the SCOTUS will finally put this whole sordid ordeal to bed. Hopefully Kennedy can be swayed. Given his past decisions I think there is a good chance he will want to be on the right side of history.

It would appear that republicans beliefs can evolve regarding equal rights for gays. They have signed briefs in favor of equal rights to the SCOTUS and the two cases they will decide this summer.

Meg Whitman
Jon Huntsman
Christine Todd Whitman
Carlos Gutierrez

These along with several other prominent republicans are coming around. Not sure why but I hope it is partly because they realize they will be on the wrong side of history when this gets settled and the dust settles. I know a big part of it is votes as is everything in politics but sometimes people can do the right thing for the right reason.

We're NOT talking about gays.

We're talking about Oberfurher Pannetta's blatant discrimination against Heterosexuals with his recent decision.

Question: Why did the chicken cross the road?
Answer: It's all Bush's fault and you're a racist!!

I think Obama should stop calling all his crony appointments Czar's! Oberfuhrer is much more accurate.

Yeah, all progressives.
Too funny. They used to be called Republicans. Just like Reagan. Most of your new heros of the Republican Party today would label Ronnie Raygun a rino progressive.

Just like Christie, who is now one of the most popular republicans in the nation in nationwide polling. He is now being shut out even though his voting and policy positions squarely put him in the conservative mainstream.

You guys have not learned much from last November. Those are the guys that will bring the people who identify themselves as independent.

Oh well. Carry on at your own peril (more national election losses).

Too funny. They used to be called Republicans. Just like Reagan. Most of your new heros of the Republican Party today would label Ronnie Raygun a rino progressive.

Just like Christie, who is now one of the most popular republicans in the nation in nationwide polling. He is now being shut out even though his voting and policy positions squarely put him in the conservative mainstream.

You guys have not learned much from last November. Those are the guys that will bring the people who identify themselves as independent.

You don't know what a republican is Pal.
Reagan wouldn't fall under that either....Wake up.
Christie a MS con?? LOL
You have little or no understanding what Conservatism is all about..

Reactions: 2 people
If you wish to speak about gun laws there is another on going discussion here. The discussion here is referring to same sex couple rights and rights related to how a person can conduct ones personal life.

Looks to me like he was just stating the obvious ! That the same peeps wanting to take guns away from American citizens, also condone acts pictured in Knot's link !

We're NOT talking about gays.

We're talking about Oberfurher Pannetta's blatant discrimination against Heterosexuals with his recent decision.

Question: Why did the chicken cross the road?
Answer: It's all Bush's fault and you're a racist!!

I think Obama should stop calling all his crony appointments Czar's! Oberfuhrer is much more accurate.

OK, lets say it is discrimination against hetero's. By not allowing same sex partners benefits it discriminates against them. How is that better? Hetero partners have an option to gain benefits. They can get married. Same sex partners do not have that option.

So either way according to your logic, there will be discrimination.

The easy fix is to allow marriage for all.

I think what we are seeing is that the party is maturing. Younger people are entering the political landscape and they do not have the same bias and hatred that the old guard has. The RNC is realizing that if they wish to win another national election they need to start being more inclusive. They are starting to realize that there are people (a majority it would seem) that do not agree with depriving people of equal rights whether it is gays or women.

Maybe the RNC will survive after all. This is only a small step but at least it is in the right direction.

Reactions: 3 people