Heterophobia?

Someone explain to me why government is in the business of regulating marriage?

The appropriate role of government is to enforce contracts. Marriage is a contract. Who it is between is none of the governments business

Because religion needed their institution defended from people like me. People who want to allow anyone(s) of consenting age to get married.

With out government regulation marriage has no meaning. I could say I am married to a chair or you to a horse. Government regulation says that marriage must be between two consenting humans of opposite gender. This allows those who believe marriage is something other than a contract (a religious institution) to prevent those who they do not agree with from entering into that institution.

The plan has worked very well for centuries. Now people are changing and the changes are not going in the direction that religion likes. OH well, should have thought of that a long time ago. In stead of condemning people for how they live their lives, should have minded your own business. Religion chose not too. They had a good run. It's coming to an end now.

Reactions: 4 people
Someone explain to me why government is in the business of regulating marriage?

The appropriate role of government is to enforce contracts. Marriage is a contract. Who it is between is none of the governments business

Because people with the morals of the Tree screwed sheep, hung out at Sodom and Gomorrah and brought upon mankind hideous diseases and perversions.

Just sayin'

Reactions: 1 person
Because people with the morals of the Tree screwed sheep, hung out at Sodom and Gomorrah and brought upon mankind hideous diseases and perversions.

Just sayin'

All of which come under the umbrella of consenting adults save for the sheep reference. Liberty means you get to live as you choose. Sheep not withstanding

Not when it comes to the the Conservative right who are the self appointed guardians of what they and they alone define as moral.

Reactions: 4 people
People can believe what they want, it is a free country after all. The issue is when they (anyone) tries to force what they see as moral on someone else.

Morality is fluid and subjective. Some peoples views are absolute at one end of the spectrum or the other, most are somewhere in the middle. Lots of shades of gray in the middle. Something the folks on the fringe cannot grasp.

Reactions: 3 people
People can believe what they want, it is a free country after all. The issue is when they (anyone) tries to force what they see as moral on someone else.

Morality is fluid and subjective. Some peoples views are absolute at one end of the spectrum or the other, most are somewhere in the middle. Lots of shades of gray in the middle. Something the folks on the fringe cannot grasp.

So you are color blind?

This the morality you support?

resorts to this kind of public behavior? (content warning)

Reactions: 2 people
I must be looking at something different on that link, 'cause all I saw was (about) 99% HOOTERS ?

Additionally, If this was in Scandinavia, are we to believe that the Swedes/Danes/Norweigens/Finns are Immoral countries/people ????

Latest posts