HEY! Got my W-2 form today.

Today was a very exciting day. I received my long awaited W-2 form today, stapled to my paycheck. I opened it, and to no surprise, noticed that I only earned $25,000 for the year 2005, and this of course was before taxes. I guess I could understand it better if I was a new hire, but having 29 years with Usairways, it sort of hurts.

How many hours do you fly? 60? I've been here at the west less than 16 and I made $55k, but I work 100 flying hours. Just wondering how many flying hours you guys do 'cause we can make a choice of working more to earn more.

Its the medical payments you make. It's not income so I'm not sure why it's there probably a company scam. Turbo tax nor any other tax program know's either.

I thought that was the implied income from registered guest or domestic partner travel. Can anyone confirm?

I am a part time gate agent in NY state. I pick up as many hours as possible, but still only earned 25K Gross pay for the year 2005. Thanks PHL for the great posting. You are 100% correct. Like I said, my property taxes are about $750 a month, Over 9,000 a year. Guess its time to sell the Lake Front Mansion, and start looking for a 3 bedroom ranch on the west side. LOL. I have been living out of my savings account since 9-11 when I went part time. Thank god I had that to fall back on. I have a few irons in the fire to provide additional income, so maybe I can continue to work part time, and seek other ventures at the same time. Best of luck to all.

Flyusairways - I don't know your position at US, but I am at the 10 year mark as a F/A and hit 39K. ON RESERVE. Yeah, I gave up days off to do this, but I only worked 29 more days this year VS. last year. There are nuttier RSV's out there than me..if scheduling would get rid of the 10 am/6pm rule on 3 days we would fly (make more $$$$)more. Ther is SOOO much money laying out there to be made. Talk to ANY reserve, we will take your block, augment it, and fly 120 hours that would be 50K...easy!!!! I will offer my all weekends off rsv block for your crappy primary anyday...PM me today!!!

Systemwide, you will hear a great gnashing of teeth when we compare 2005 earnings against previous years, regardless of which workgroup you are in. Reality is that we all must work MORE hours to earn what we did pre-9/11. For CSA's that equates to 16-25 additional hours per week!! :( :down:

Latest posts

Back