Hidden Agenda?

USA320Pilot said:
I do not share your pessimism and apparently the financial community does not either.

Hmmm.. Last I checked, Moody's is a pretty big player in the finacial community, and this is thier opinion:

NEW YORK, May 20 (Reuters) - Moody's Investors Service on Friday revised the outlook on America West Airlines Inc.'s debt ratings to negative from stable, and US Airways Inc. to developing from stable, on their potential merger. The merger would take place after US Airways emerges from bankruptcy. An outlook revision to negative signals a ratings downgrade is more likely over the next 12 to 18 months.

Moody's said the two companies combined would continue to face a difficult operating environment. Moody's currently rates America West's senior unsecured debt at "Caa2."

Caa2 is non investment grade debt.. Also known as "Junk"

You're a smart guy... Yes the merger extended the immediate life of US-Airways, and thats a good thing for all U employees... no one will deny that! But, you also have to realize there still lies tremendous risks ahead, and truthfully it's not even a done deal yet.

I hope everything works out for the best, but that doesn't cloud the realities that HP/U is not even close to some 'sure thing'. Its always prudent to be cautious.

I wrote this on the AWA board:

Interesting. The writer (David Grossman) is a former marketing executive with the old USAir. His columns tend to be 'wimpy' when it comes to airlines. I suggest it is USA TODAY that has the motive. My old lady is a journalist; and has worked with USA TODAY in the past on certain columns and web related content. She says she would not put it past USA TODAY telling Grossman to write the type of column they desired. You know "Point - Counter Point" from SNL aka "Jane you ignorant slut." Controversy sells. Negativity sells. She calls it 'Pitbull journalism' (no reflection on PITBULL on the US board ) If you want fair and balanced airline reporting stick to the Wall Street Journal - this is coming from somebody that has worked with these papers. The WSJ has a long history of accuracy and integrity. They have numerous fact-checkers making sure what they print is indeed accurate. Don't waste 50 cents on USA TODAY - they do not have the best integrity in reporting.

USA Today just does not want to be proven wrong again...

If we had listened to them, and all the other so called "experts", we would have been dead and gone a long time ago...

Face it, it is nothing but sensationalistic news that they want, something that will catch a reader's eye quicker than "gee, sounds like a good idea to us"

hacks <_<

I guess Moody's downgraded HP/U's debt rating of out spite too eh??

So, lets get this straight? Anything that highlights all the good that may come out of the merger is 100% correct, and without agenda? While anything that highlights the troubles ahead is all bitter stupid BS that only exists in a vain attempt to thwart all the good waiting for U employees??

We'll talk about this again after all the layoffs...

No, but the fact remains that that lame article was nothing short of biased. It did not present a single positive reason to offer a balanced view, and it is just another in a long line of anti-airline articles that the stupid US Today prints weekly to further newstand sales at airports.

Yeah, people can shoot holes into the plan, but naysayers are nothing new around here. Fact is that they have been proven wrong up til now, and this has just as much promise to prove them wrong once again about US Airways.

USA320Pilot said:
Those people posting liquidation comments on this message board are the normal doomsayers who have been proven wrong over-and-over gain.

:blink: As opposed to the abnormal "everything-is-magnificent-management-wanna-be brown-noser" whom has actually been proven wrong over-and-over again? :p

Call it liquidation, call it absorption, call it integration, call it merger, call it Cinderella....things are a-changin' ... and it will not be to the benefit of all, that isn't doom and gloom, it is logical inevitability.

TheLarkAscending said:
:blink: As opposed to the abnormal "everything-is-magnificent-management-wanna-be brown-noser" whom has actually been proven wrong over-and-over again? :p

Call it liquidation, call it absorption, call it integration, call it merger, call it Cinderella....things are a-changin' ... and it will not be to the benefit of all, that isn't doom and gloom, it is logical inevitability.
[post="272604"][/post]​
lark: you cracked me up :lol: ...and you are right on the money in your assesment :shock: .
like i tried to tell him......optomistic pessimisim
have a good day. :up:

So, lets get this straight? Anything that highlights all the good that may come out of the merger is 100% correct, and without agenda? While anything that highlights the troubles ahead is all bitter stupid BS that only exists in a vain attempt to thwart all the good waiting for U employees??

That's a great point.

And not to mention... what is "good" from a financier's perspective isn't always what's best when it comes to the employees. In fact, it's usually the opposite. Whether the article is negative or positive about the merger, it is going to be a biased prediction until things start unfolding.

USA320Pilot said:
MCI will not be a rolling hub, but if something negative happens at UA ORD or DEN are an option, as is STL.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="272516"][/post]​

ROFLMAO!!!! What a fricken joke. So even if your sour grapes dreams came true, in your fantasy world, Bronner (your Christ and personal savior :rolleyes: ) would swoop in and somehow U would be able to compete against a dominate and ruthless carrier like AMR.... Yeah right.... :rolleyes:

linemech said:
As I sit back and watch the rest of the industry follow the US Airways "cost savings plan" ( cancelled pensions, pay cuts, benefit cuts, work rule changes, out sourcing), management incentive bonus programs, I wonder when the line will be drawn.

linemech.
[post="272482"][/post]​

Damn, be proud that US finally led in something instead of following.

And, yes I am saying this with thick sarcasm. Only US could be the leader down this path.