Horrible Company II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCFL

Veteran
Jan 9, 2004
Y'all may recall that I hijacked a thread (sorry) on W-2s last week talking about my struggle to get the company to return items I lent to the Heritage Lobby program. In case you don't, I've copied what my post was below in blue. Several of you asked for an update.

I received a bashed-in box from Fedex yesterday. In addition to failing to include a number of items in the box, some of the things they did manage to send were damaged. Pictures are worth a thousand words, so I'll let the following pics speak for themselves. Needless to say, they weren't sent to Tempe in this condition. We'll see how they respond to my next volley of e-mails trying to get this corrected. :angry:

I've been trying to get my AL/US memorabilia back from the heritage lobby display since frickin' October. The story changes every time I interact with the morons in Tempe. Tempe claims it lost the inventory list I sent them, so they have no record of what was there, and the Lotus Notes copy I kept was wiped out in the conversion to Outlook and the botching of data migration in my old department. I've gotten runaround after runaround and have escalated this all the way to Parker himself. I still don't have my stuff back, and now I'm told there are only two people in the whole place who have access out of the 35k who work here! I've been lied to, spoken to in a nasty tone, and have been told that I "donated" the items instead of "lent" them (I know what I did and didn't do). And not one single time has someone gotten back to me as they promised. I have consistently had to rattle their cage to get a response. Can you tell I'm ticked?

We're not talking about a few luggage tags. We're talking about an AL DC-9 model that was given to my great grandfather by McDonnell Douglas when AL purchased that aircraft type -- the same as the one that hangs in the Smithsonian. A bronze commemorative coin marking the name change from AL to US with a hand-signed note from Ed Colodny. AL service pins that belonged to my great-grandfather and grandfather. Stuff that has real sentimental value to me and that represents a company I loved working for and miss to this day. Tempe had the audacity to offer me a current livery model instead. Why the heck would I want a souvenier from those people?

I'll bet I never actually see my stuff. Sorry for rambling. The subject burns me up.

US_AL_Memorabilia_074.JPG US_AL_Memorabilia_069.JPG

If this company had any decency, they'd replace your property.

I'm guessing they won't make this right, whic IMV, entitles you to make a media event out of this.

FedEx right? It should have been sent insured? If so...take every damn penny you can get and make a HUGE debacle out of this disrespectful abuse of your property NCFL! Stick it to these a-west holes in Tempe!

Edit: Take the current livery model and smash it up because that's how I feel about Tempe right now if they HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO DAMN respect for the Allegheny & Piedmont folks and USAIR that came before their worthless regional scum enumerated (Note: I have nothing against the employees but against the management)

(Rader I know you're reading these forums so PLEASE fix this deplorable example of how Tempe handles this before it gets out to the Media that Tempe cannot even take care of some nostalgia or prevent "company theft")

Y'all may recall that I hijacked a thread (sorry) on W-2s last week talking about my struggle to get the company to return items I lent to the Heritage Lobby program. In case you don't, I've copied what my post was below in blue. Several of you asked for an update.

I received a bashed-in box from Fedex yesterday. In addition to failing to include a number of items in the box, some of the things they did manage to send were damaged. Pictures are worth a thousand words, so I'll let the following pics speak for themselves. Needless to say, they weren't sent to Tempe in this condition. We'll see how they respond to my next volley of e-mails trying to get this corrected. :angry:

I've been trying to get my AL/US memorabilia back from the heritage lobby display since frickin' October. The story changes every time I interact with the morons in Tempe. Tempe claims it lost the inventory list I sent them, so they have no record of what was there, and the Lotus Notes copy I kept was wiped out in the conversion to Outlook and the botching of data migration in my old department. I've gotten runaround after runaround and have escalated this all the way to Parker himself. I still don't have my stuff back, and now I'm told there are only two people in the whole place who have access out of the 35k who work here! I've been lied to, spoken to in a nasty tone, and have been told that I "donated" the items instead of "lent" them (I know what I did and didn't do). And not one single time has someone gotten back to me as they promised. I have consistently had to rattle their cage to get a response. Can you tell I'm ticked?

We're not talking about a few luggage tags. We're talking about an AL DC-9 model that was given to my great grandfather by McDonnell Douglas when AL purchased that aircraft type -- the same as the one that hangs in the Smithsonian. A bronze commemorative coin marking the name change from AL to US with a hand-signed note from Ed Colodny. AL service pins that belonged to my great-grandfather and grandfather. Stuff that has real sentimental value to me and that represents a company I loved working for and miss to this day. Tempe had the audacity to offer me a current livery model instead. Why the heck would I want a souvenier from those people?

I'll bet I never actually see my stuff. Sorry for rambling. The subject burns me up.

View attachment 7231 View attachment 7232

i am friends with the person who deals with thse models and heritage items. this is unacceptable . i will give him a call about this.

The first round response came from Tempe. I guess I have to give them credit for responding, since on every occasion prior to this one, it has taken me at least one follow-up to get a reply out of anyone.

As expected, they say it is "normal wear and tear" and to take it up with FedEx. How can snapping off vertical and horizontal stabilizers and gouging composite material be considered "normal wear and tear?" What about a misplaced stand for a model? How is that FedEx's fault?

And, they are saying now that a full inventory was logged when I sent the items in the first place, and they returned what was sent. BS. The Heritage Lobby project guru himself (I'm leaving out names, but I'm sure many know who he is if they read AboutUS) told me there was no account kept, or if it was, it was lost. He told me that back in November.

The resentment builds.

That is total and complete BS man...Hope you get the resolution that you want man.
Agreed. It is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE to have a collection On Loan to Corporate be damaged like that. The person responsible for the packing of the return should be held accountable. I partake in eBay quite frequently and have NEVER had an issue with questionable shipping or damaged items........aand why would anyone suspect your own Company would be so careless with something you loaned them for THEIR benefit. Request total compensation/valuation with an appraisers help. MAKE THEM PAY. Period. (Be a B'yatch about it :lol: ).

I already have calls into the Smithsonian and Boeing to find out the approx value of the DC9 model that was given to my great grandfather when AL accepted delivery of the DC9 way back when. I do not want anything to which I am not entitled. I am not an ambulance chaser or a gold digger. But this just ain't right.

Uhmm Etops, Where's your response? LOL
ah sorry but i do have a life besides usaaviation. i was in flight training down here orlando. i left my friend a message he has not gotten back to me. i am still at the flight school here at orlando executive airport going back up in about 30 min. beautiful day to fly.

Wow, NCFL:

Your story really illustrates how blatantly disrespectful Tempe is to its employees. Your posting paints a thousand words about how contemptuous they are. It is appalling that someone's personal collection on loan would be handled with such carelessness. I think you ought to take USAirways to small claims court.

:down:

Hi Everyone,

It seems this has gotten turned around and I was made aware of this posting this afternoon. Since pot shots are being taken at heritage and what it is not time to set the record straight and without dispute.

We were contacted by this individual who stated he had some memorabilia that he wanted to donate to US Airways.

No inventory sheet was enclosed, two people confirmed each item and condition in the box.

This individual no longer works for US Airways, if you are for telling the truth, tell everyone the real reason you do not work for US Airways any more.

Only after he leaves does the donation become a loan, although he has no loan agreement that was done for the over 100 individuals who loaned items to US Airways. Nor was it ever disputed by him until after he leaves the company. a time peroid of 18 months.

We cannot send items back unless we have good address. One was provided only two weeks ago.

The items were double bubble packed and carefully packed with lots of protection to protect the items.

The heat damage is impossible since, the disputed model was in a locked display case with cool lights with a average temp of 70 degrees.

The items were insured and sent via FED EX.

Only the items on the log in sheet were sent back, nothing else. Again this was done by two individuals with a witness and in the box was both the log in and log out inventory sheet that was done with all items currently on display at the two locations.

This is someone who is upset with our company and is using this vehicle as his only way to get back at another department.

In closing, we wish him well in his career at Skybus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back