Hotel in Washington, DC

DNTULSA

Senior
Sep 22, 2009
Hi,

I'm an AA retiree, and my wife and I would like to spend four days in Washington DC sometime in April.

Could anyone recommend a nice reasonable hotel located not too far away from DC? Of course if it was located close to a subway station, (or had a shuttle service) it would be nice.

Is there a best time of the month to go?

We have never been to DC before.

Crystal City is a great place to stay when visiting the DC area. You can fly right into Reagen (DCA) and be in Crystal City in just a few minutes. There are many restaurant options there as well and there is a Metro Station right in the Underground Mall.

You can try the Crystal City Marriot, Crystal City Double Tree, Crystal City Holiday Inn, Crystal City Residence Inn and many other places. All of these locations will either take you by van right to the Crystal City Metro Station or to the DCA Airport which also has a Metro Station. From there you can jump on the Metro and go just about anywhere you want. Also, if you are up for it, you can walk from Crystal City to the Monuments and Museums. It is about four miles, but it is all on paved trails and you get some great views you wouldn't get on the Metro.

Hope this helps!

Thank you, MM!

This is exactly what we were looking for!

DNTULSA

Crystal City is a great place to stay when visiting the DC area. You can fly right into Reagen (DCA) and be in Crystal City in just a few minutes. There are many restaurant options there as well and there is a Metro Station right in the Underground Mall.

You can try the Crystal City Marriot, Crystal City Double Tree, Crystal City Holiday Inn, Crystal City Residence Inn and many other places. All of these locations will either take you by van right to the Crystal City Metro Station or to the DCA Airport which also has a Metro Station. From there you can jump on the Metro and go just about anywhere you want. Also, if you are up for it, you can walk from Crystal City to the Monuments and Museums. It is about four miles, but it is all on paved trails and you get some great views you wouldn't get on the Metro.

Hope this helps!

If you go up the road just a bit to Arlington, you might find better rates than Crystal City, except during Georgetown events. There is a Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Key Bridge Marriott, Courtyard by Marriott, etc. all near Metro stops in Arlington/Rosslyn as well--and you could most likely walk to Georgetown over the Key Bridge. We visit our daughter at Georgetown and usually stay at the Hilton Garden Inn on Courthouse Road.

Crystal City is nice, I think Arlington is more reasonable.