How About MIA As A Focus City?

Watch out BoeingBoy or some of these dudes will get the message that business is a science and not a Ouija Board -- aka weeegeee--- game they thought it was lol.

Just a little history for the Westies, who are now senior to me... PI (Piedmont, a very successful airline that was modeled very simular to SWA) had a very successful hub at MIA and AAA (USAIR) dismantled it back in the very late 80's, you know when you were still in primary school and I was actually flying for this airline. The void was filled by AMR, just like voids at California, BWI, Long Island were filled by SWA, etc, etc. So as you can see, we actually owned MIA and the whole state of Florida in the 80's. I am all too familure with what poor management can do, and we have the worst I have seen on the property today in my 21 years.

Even the morons running LCC in Tempe know better than to attempt to go head to head with AA at MIA; same reason AA has not established focus cities at LAS or PHX or PIT or PHL or CLT (damn, that's a lot of hubs for a smaller airline). If MIA makes sense as an LCC focus city, then DFW and ORD would also make really great focus cities for LCC, no?

Even the morons running LCC in Tempe know better than to attempt to go head to head with AA at MIA; same reason AA has not established focus cities at LAS or PHX or PIT or PHL or CLT (damn, that's a lot of hubs for a smaller airline). If MIA makes sense as an LCC focus city, then DFW and ORD would also make really great focus cities for LCC, no?
DO NOT underestimate these Morons ability to come up with ANYTHING. Those on The Outside have no idea what these people are capable of. (They would probably glue TWO pennies together in the hope of getting an extra gumball for the price of ONE. Stupid is Stupid, Tempe is an entirely diifferent matter). Things have been rather QUIET so I am sure they are scripting Another CHAPTER in the "Pardon Our Dust" Manual.

DO NOT underestimate these Morons ability to come up with ANYTHING. Those on The Outside have no idea what these people are capable of. (They would probably glue TWO pennies together in the hope of getting an extra gumball for the price of ONE. Stupid is Stupid, Tempe is an entirely diifferent matter). Things have been rather QUIET so I am sure they are scripting Another CHAPTER in the "Pardon Our Dust" Manual.

It's the "quiet" part that bothers me the most. Things were quiet just before the DAL announcement. When incompetence is grasping at straws, only bad things happen. Anyone remember "Business Select"? Another $50m down the tubes and for what?

It's the "quiet" part that bothers me the most. Things were quiet just before the DAL announcement. When incompetence is grasping at straws, only bad things happen. Anyone remember "Business Select"? Another $50m down the tubes and for what?
You are RIGHT about that. These clowns are Up to Something. And they are NOT fooling anyone. They are either selling/buying/ or splitting the operation up. Integrating is on your neighbor's Back Burner.

Ummm were discussing making a focus city based on an airport having a nice new terminal. ummmm PIT has a nice new terminal why can't that be a focus city? Oh I forgot? :shock:
its not just a "nice new terminal", its the location. yes theres FLL but many ppl are discussing (or are trying) weather that was a mistake or not.

whats the point of having so many focus cities and hubs up north? one bad storm and the whole operation goes down to ####

My point is that Tempe couldn't make FLL work yet Spirit can. They couldn't make PIT work yet DL can make CVG work as a hub, and CO can make CLE work as a hub and they are just about the same sized cities.

MIA as a focus city? They're so inept couldn't make that work if they were given free jet fuel.

While I believe that we should explore good business opportunities I think any word FOCUS should be this management teams FOCUS on the cities they have. :rolleyes: MIA.....good grief. FLL COULD have worked but they pulled the plug on that right before the merger I think. Wasn't that right before the merger announcement when they started pulling flights that had high load factors and were actually doing pretty well.

Latest posts