FOCUS Meeting in PHX on 7/16/08

Speaking of depending on leisure travelers, why is US pulling back in LAS? (rhetorical question)

This post is double ROT-13 encrypted to abate the snoops in Tempe.
American Western can't make a profilt anymore because of US Air! We were the Red-eye Kings in this City. Damn those Yankees!! :lol: Now Walmart Airlines, oops Southwest is building a SuperHUB in LAS! Geez! :(

965, You are right on the money. The other airlines are actively pursuing US elites, and the numbers of matches and challenges being completed are surprising even to me, who helped arrange them. You are also correct that not one other airline has gone as far as US has to alienate their bread and butter customers, those who fly OFTEN and pay the MOST for air travel.

Also it is correct that just about EVERY decision made by Tempe has been the wrong one. Save a penny spend a dollar. If it had not been for the attitudes of management (we have Doug and Scott on tape making disparaging comments about Chairmans Preferred and other elite travelers), and the misguided moves which further alienate customers and devalue the DM program, I would have probably NEVER considered trying WN which I did two weeks ago.

There are other ways to survive in this environment rather than nickel and diming your customers. The labor issues which currently exist here are unique to US Airways, and in my opinion are the biggest threat to the survival of the company at this time. ALL airlines have the fuel issues, but only US has the added costs and inefficiencies caused by a splintered labor force, and I just don't see a solution on the horizon.

It is true--Airline 101 is not the same it was years ago. But this management team keeps trying to put bandaids on a hemorrhaging stab wound. Even though the fundamentals have changed, they need to get back to basics and RUN AN AIRLINE efficiently and as cost effectively as possible. They need to STOP penalizing their customers for their inability to do so--we're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore.

I found it very interesting that Robert Isom actually acknowledged that there is a problem with FF's leaving in the Focus meeting, and that they were going to have to revisit that. The question is HOW will they revisit? My guess is they say they will and won't. Tempe has absolutely NO credibility with me or most of my FF colleagues any more.

Here's a news flash for Mr. Isom--If you want to know why we're leaving (as if you don't already), you just NEED TO ASK US.
Although they think differently, Tempe does not know everything. We offered to help MANY times, and I sat across a table from Travis and Elise and offered HARD evidence of what was happening, but they weren't biting. They told me numerous times they wanted me to help start a new Customer Advisory Board, but it never happened. You can offer FREE market research only so many times and then it becomes moot if they keep rejecting it.

The bottom line here is that massive change will be needed in order for this company to SURVIVE, let alone prosper. And it needs to happen NOW--not tomorrow or next week, but NOW.

I see a tremendous amount of B(#*$& and Moaning on here, but no one seems to care enough to want to make the changes needed to survive. If all this negative energy (from customers, employees, and especially MANAGEMENT) were channeled into working TOGETHER to make changes that all sides could live with, there would be a chance, but as long as it's Tempe vs. Customer and Tempe vs. Labor, I am sorry, this place is doomed...........

Maybe it's just too late.........
Art, why are you so RIGHT all the TIME???!! American Western would really appreciatte your business!! Darn it! :up: :D

en I ran into irrops in June on my CLT-PHX flight (misconnect onto PHX-YVR), I was able to at least get into YVR because I could go PHX-LAS-SEA-YVR (AC flight on that last one at 6am)... Dunno if that cost more then just putting me up for a night (I doubt I would have liked that!)...

You are assuming that there was room on a flight the next day....

Art, why are you so RIGHT all the TIME???!! American Western would really appreciatte your business!! Darn it! :up: :D

WCT,

I never claimed I was right ALL the time, in fact I am usually the first to admit when I am wrong.

I admitted to being wrong when I said I would NEVER fly WN.

I have been wrong before, but when I truly believe I am right I will fight for what I believe in with a passion.

I sincerely do believe in what I said above, and I pray it's not too late. FFOCUS remains committed to working with US and any airline management to help retain elite customers and find ways to survive--and thrive. The management teams of other airlines have welcomed our support and asked for our advice--unfortunately US still sees us as the enemy. I honestly hope that changes soon, and perhaps Mr. Isom's comments indicate a crack in the ice.....

My BEST to you all.....

WCT,

I never claimed I was right ALL the time, in fact I am usually the first to admit when I am wrong.

I admitted to being wrong when I said I would NEVER fly WN.

I have been wrong before, but when I truly believe I am right I will fight for what I believe in with a passion.

I sincerely do believe in what I said above, and I pray it's not too late. FFOCUS remains committed to working with US and any airline management to help retain elite customers and find ways to survive--and thrive. The management teams of other airlines have welcomed our support and asked for our advice--unfortunately US still sees us as the enemy. I honestly hope that changes soon, and perhaps Mr. Isom's comments indicate a crack in the ice.....

My BEST to you all.....
I was agreeing with ya!! I wish it was the good ole days! :) Mike Conway is my hero.

And by the way...I listened to both of these....(someone played them for me) and specifically on the PHX pilots "town hall," because of the nature of the content I was completely, utterly shocked.

I was AMAZED to see how much the PHX pilots dispise, as a group, the East Pilots. Amazed. There was back biting, name calling, finger pointing....everything you would expect to see from a group of 4th graders on a school playground.

There was a B752 right seat who was just, flat out difficult to listen to in her hate and disgust of the current situation. She offered not ONE suggestion, but 15 minutes of venom toward the situation...and toward Doug Parker.

As I listned to it, two things came to my mind....no, three...

First, there is NO WAY this company can make in-roads....what is the saying, "united we stand, divided we fall?" This group (they certainly aren't a team) is more divided than Jesus and Satan.

Second, what a HORRIBLE culture...to know that HP and US pilots are looking at each other at these airports and thinking, "that ***hole is running his/her APU" and then running to Doug and tattling, as opposed to starting a dialogue and finding solutions is just amazing....sad really.

And third..."NICE LEADERSHIP DOUG PARKER AND MANAGEMENT TEAM!!! Nice leadership. :down: You've done an amazing job instilling a healthy "can do" corporate culture."

For me, I'm done with the venom...the "breakup" is officially over...I could care less about the product and will only buy it when I must. But how sad...I think I've been CP since they invented it...like 1996...and I've been "elite" with US since 1990...and the run, 12 years of CP is done...and it's mind boggling. I've moved on, I've taken my business to CO and WN...and if I hit Gold this year, it will be due to some sort of "there was no other way to get there" situation. (24 segments, 36,452 PQMs...and no plans to fly another 14,000 PQMs)

Oh well....good luck US!

(As a note, I am ABSOLUTELY NOT suggesting ANY pilots or any workgroup is lilly white in this situation...just commenting how amazing and how sad it is that, especially in these times, it seems as though some are acting like children.)

There was a B752 right seat who was just, flat out difficult to listen to in her hate and disgust of the current situation. She offered not ONE suggestion, but 15 minutes of venom toward the situation...and toward Doug Parker.

Imagine being married to her?! Can you imagine if you forgot to take out the garbage? ... :jerry:
:mf_boff:

Oh yeah....I saw that too and I was thinking at the time...oh, girl...you're in early menopause.

Poor thing, she can't help it. She doesn't know it unless her husband or boyfriend has told her they are going to leave or shoot her!!!

:lol: :lol:

Oh yeah....I saw that too and I was thinking at the time...oh, girl...you're in early menopause.

Poor thing, she can't help it. She doesn't know it unless her husband or boyfriend has told her they are going to leave or shoot her!!!

Great example of why your airline will fold. Neanderthal attitudes. Anti-women, anti-walmart, anti-healthcare provider, anti-westie anti-fastfood etc etc etc.

Do you guys like anything at besides $700 PIT-PHL fares and regulation?

What's even more pathetic is how she aired her dirty laundry (children with mental challenges, etc...) in a public forum for all to see. Totally inappropriate, and strange....I guess the desperation of her situation just took over and she chose an inappropriate time to speak about personal matters. Her rambling was all over the place....

Sad, really. :blink:

What's even more pathetic is how she aired her dirty laundry (children with mental challenges, etc...) in a public forum for all to see. Totally inappropriate, and strange....I guess the desperation of her situation just took over and she chose an inappropriate time to speak about personal matters. Her rambling was all over the place....

Sad, really. :blink:

I agree....and I think the bigger picture for me is just how AMAZING and self-centered a person can be.

In my companies, I'm almost to the point where I won't hire someone who hasn't had some, as extensive as possible, success in "team sports." I mean, can you IMAGINE a Super Bowl caliber football team airing their laundry and the offense bitching at the defense....or vice versa? And management seemingly, almost encouraging it?

Or a World Series team where the pitching is accusing the rest of th eteam of not enough production in hitting?

Just amazing. BLEW MY MIND I was hearing grown adults, who are obviously highly trained, well educated, successful people, resorting to 4th grade "Cartman-like" finger pointing.

But just as amazing....I think management is totally okay with it...or they would have solved this issue a LONG, LONG time ago.

Didn't I read that US Airways has an entire "Corporate Culture" department and VP? I mean, HOW can that person/department even BEGIN to believe this is normal/healthy/acceptable? And then not try to make Mr. Parker and Mr. Kirby understand, "this has to get FIXED, fast!"

Saving money by not getting the group on the same page, operating as a team will be one of the inflection points that will be easy to identify as a downfall.

Great example of why your airline will fold. Neanderthal attitudes. Anti-women, anti-walmart, anti-healthcare provider, anti-westie anti-fastfood etc etc etc.

Do you guys like anything at besides $700 PIT-PHL fares and regulation?
Somebodys cheerios were soggy this morning! :lol:

Not anti westie, anti whacko.

Not anti westie, anti whacko.

I agree...I'd be appalled no matter who it was behaving like that...east, west, north, south or inter-stellar, man, woman, chimp, whatever....Completely wrong.

That's at least ONE person who needs to read " The One Minute Manager" although I'd argue that the entire management team might do themselves a favor by taking that book home and refreshing themselves on the key concepts presented in that book.

I will probably get bashed for saying this ,but......

Remember I am a flight attendant too!!!!!

Since our primary purpose for being there is SAFETY not to pimp products, why don't they just take out the aft galleys and put in a soda vending machine and a snack vending machine???????

That way we don't have to worry about money and the company can actually GET THE MONEY!!!! :up:

I am sure the weight could be just about the same..... not carts, no heavy galleys, and less soda cans on the plane.

This works for me!!!!!!

It will be ONE LONG a$$ flight though!!!!!!!