How Do You Feel?

NAPAUS said:
:up:  :up:  :up: AMEN! Get back to making a profit, and screwin with LUV..kiss their butts back to TEXAS!!!
[post="270902"][/post]​

You guys sound like the United employees when they attempted their UAL Shuttle aimed at kicking SWA out of the West..or U's "Operation High Ground"....or AA in the past..or CAL..or even Braniff way back when.

This is an example of what makes SWA what it is. They don't worry about "screwin'" or "kicking" other airline's butts anywhere. They just know where opportunities are and they take them and make money. Rest assured SWA management cares little about this merger. They have battled MUCH larger and stronger airlines in the past and done well. UAL, back when they were a very strong airline tried messing with SWA out West with their United Shuttle and they failed to budge SWA or do much harm to them....UAL Shuttle is now just a hub feeder. AA tried messing with SWA at LUV a few years ago...and pulled out. CAL tried CAL Lite...failed miserably. SWA grew up battling other airlines who tried to squash them, going back to the old battles with Braniff. Bring it on, it'll be fun. SWA has such an incredibly low debt/equity ratio, OWNS almost all their planes (as opposed to lease), has a strong cash position, etc. If you think you are going to kick the best managed, finiancially strongest airline to the curb, you have a surprise coming. AWA and U will take the merger in slow gradual steps but they are very different cultures. It'll be like when U and Piedmont got together and seniority issues will be complex and ugly.....have fun!

awa = the best employees in the industry.

usa = the best employees in the industry.

consolididate the two,under awa management, and with one heck of a route structure

leads to one super airline with superb customer service...

with this one merger...the airline industry will be transformed forever.

a historic event in commericial aviation.

good luck to all

us0004us said:
with this one merger...the airline industry will be transformed forever.

a historic event in commericial aviation.

[post="270919"][/post]​

You are a hoot and naive to boot. Apparently you are too young to have been around in the industry very long. I haven't heard such an over-statements since the last merger. ...and the one before that...and the one before that...and the one before that. Same old thing...same great hope and dream ....but same old result.

Cfm56 said:
You are a hoot and naive to boot. Apparently you are too young to have been around in the industry very long. I haven't heard such an over-statements since the last merger. ...and the one before that...and the one before that...and the one before that. Same old thing...same great hope and dream ....but same old result.
[post="270925"][/post]​

and, may one add, a special wish of good luck to cfm56...you have earned it!

good luck to all

Actually, I think SWA is starting to get a little worried....the combined US/HP LCC is gonna sit right on their face in PHX where they basically have dominated SkyHarbor Airport for years! Now, comes in an even larger LCC with FAR reaching routes to Hawaii, the Carribbean, Europe, and Latin America, Alaska, and Canada....Hmmm, can SWA compete with that? :lol:

Also, JMO, I think SWA is really starting to spread themselves too thin. Rapid expansion, mass hirings, and industry leading contracts.....every dog has its day! They are rapidly expanding in the EAST to try and get rid of US and right now I'm almost positive it's going to be a lost cause! US isn't going anywhere, they are survivors! I'm sure SWA realizes this strategy is not going to work and put US out of business. Besides, aren't they starting to steal traffic away from themselves in BWI and PHL? Sounds familiar, that was what US used to do to themselves when they had too many hubs close together on the East Coast! :down:

WHATNOW ---
"Also, JMO, I think SWA is really starting to spread themselves too thin." That just might be the case---timing is everything---this might be just the thing with the route structure and maybe not too much overlap stuff----as I have said before SWA is only the size they are(even though they have great employees)---->> because of two dudes Uncle Ed C and Randy M of USA---the two greatest backtrackers of all time in the airline industry. Just hope the unions dont screw a possible good thing up.

Exactly, let's hope this a slow and thought out process. This is an incredible chance at a comeback and it hopefully will be done with a lot of thought and consideration!

Us/boston said:
Now your talkin!
[post="270991"][/post]​

Just like the big talk Braniff, AA, CAL, UAL, U, and other's talked in years' past. It's the same old song. I suggest you quit worrying about competitors and worry about yourself.

EVERY airline worries about their competitor and keeps a watchful eye on them. Even the "untouchable" SW. Of course Us and HP's competitors are gonna say positive things to the media about the merger but there is definately a possibility that this newly combined entity will be a tough competitor.

Winglet said:
"Two great airlines, one great future." Where have we heard that before?
[post="271056"][/post]​

If someone would guess any one but winglet they would win the big cigar :D

The last merger didn't make sense from the beginning- this one does!

Let's go Cactus, we're in! :up:

Latest posts

Back