How Do You Fix AA?

<_< Your asking us to Manage?------ Most on this board are not getting paid to do that! We've been there! We've already saved AA millions $$$ in improvements, and without compensation for doing so! ------- So now your asking us to do what AA's management can't? --------- You want a suggestion on how to fix the Industry? Well, you won't like it! --------Reregulate!!!
We already are regulated, by the RLA. I say finish deregulating! Abolish the RLA and allow us the same rights as other Americans in the private sector-No Contract and we are free to Strike!!!

We already are regulated, by the RLA. I say finish deregulating! Abolish the RLA and allow us the same rights as other Americans in the private sector-No Contract and we are free to Strike!!!
I can't believe I'm saying it, but I agree with you 100%.

Offer a *decent* Early Out program across the board to AA workers. That alone goes a long way toward offsetting the disadvantage AA has when it comes to unit labor costs.

In 1983 they messed up and let too many go. If they could do simple math on the board of directors it would be child's play to find the magic number or percentage to take off the top with a signup list matched by the seniority list. Probably 10 - 15% in the maintenance department. That way TWU/AMR could get their contrAAct approved, save a billion by forestalling top pay for new hires, and getting newbies out of the defined benefit plan.

Nah, simple math and common sense eludes AMR and TWU. Forget it.

How do you fix AA?

Hari Kari (sepuku) en masse on the steps of Centrepork by the present "management" and complete replacement of the board of directors. Nothing short of this is going to work.

Frank,

Don't forget the twu int. You know, the guys who point to AArpey taking an 11% increase while ignoring the fact their very own also get raises.

I haven't forgotten - if things get to the my desired point with AA (mis)management, I doubt the screwed-over TWU membership will have any difficulty deciding what's next.

Think of a Frankenstein movie with the townfolks storming the castle and burning it to the ground with the perps inside.

Just Limit all pay, bonus's and AIP including stock to 150k for all employee's and executive's til the company turns a profit for 1 year.

Just Limit all pay, bonus's and AIP including stock to 150k for all employee's and executive's til the company turns a profit for 1 year.

$150k? Sure. That would mean a small paycut for every MD-80 and 738 captain, a moderate paycut for every 757 and 767 captain and a huge paycut for every 777 captain. Yeah, further concessions for the pilots - yeah, that's the ticket. That would certainly "fix" AA.

Arpey's 11% raise for losing nearly half a billion dollar$ and the pay of his comrades should be revoked. If these SOBs want a raise, they'll have to make some money or get out leaving the door open for those who could.

With most of AMR's stock being held institutionally, I can't imagine why that would continue unless there were special consideration given to them over the rank and file shareholders (like stock issued to cover losses and generate "goodwill") as they aren't making any money from their investments. A federal investigation is warranted and long overdue.

The institutions who own the stock also probably own the debt. They keep getting paid, they're happy.

Arpey's 11% raise for losing nearly half a billion dollar$ and the pay of his comrades should be revoked. If these SOBs want a raise, they'll have to make some money or get out leaving the door open for those who could.

With most of AMR's stock being held institutionally, I can't imagine why that would continue unless there were special consideration given to them over the rank and file shareholders (like stock issued to cover losses and generate "goodwill") as they aren't making any money from their investments. A federal investigation is warranted and long overdue.

Ok lets limit to the highest paid pilot on staff or highest paid union member. Not one penny more this place would turn around in a 12 month period. We may have alot of new management folks but so be it.......Or mabe we could rewrite their contracts and expect results not losses....

Old saying "HE WHO HAS THE CASH CONTROLS THE WORLD" We certainly are not in that world,just mere pain in their ARSE.