How many Mainline cities

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
How many cities actually have mainline US service? Can anyone come up with a list.

Of course there also stations that are staffed by mainline folks, but don't see any mainline metal. For this question, I'm talking about cities that actually have mainline flights.

How many cities actually have mainline US service? Can anyone come up with a list.

Of course there also stations that are staffed by mainline folks, but don't see any mainline metal. For this question, I'm talking about cities that actually have mainline flights.

Based on the page : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Airways_destinations
there are 117 cities not counting seasonal service and multiple airports (eg LGA and JFK count as one city as well as DCA and IAD). Not sure how reliable Wikipedia is however (eg still showing Air Midwest as active express carrier, they went out of business last year).

Based on the page : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Airways_destinations
there are 117 cities not counting seasonal service and multiple airports (eg LGA and JFK count as one city as well as DCA and IAD). Not sure how reliable Wikipedia is however (eg still showing Air Midwest as active express carrier, they went out of business last year).
I would be surprised if there are really that many M/L cities. Too bad the usairways.com site is no help in this matter.

some cities such as ATL; IAD; ABE; DTW; ORF; RIC; etc to name a few have at least one mainline jet into them but the ramp is outsourced but inside are still mainline. I dont remember all of the cities but these are off the top of my head

Why can't they run RDG-CLT on RJ's? There is business arond here that can support it, it sure beats driving to Philly! If I have to drive to Philly, I won't pick US. Sorry, but I have values too.

ILM, MYR and CHS are mainline stations with mainline customer service agents and outsourced ramp agents. While MYR and CHS have mainline aircraft servicing their stations, ILM has not had mainline service for several months, but ILM remains a mainline station.

America West used to run buses to Scottsdale to pick people up (it was called The Scottsdale Flyer, I think) back when they were innovative.

I believe they also had childcare available at the "hangar" for flight attendants to drop their children off if they got called in on short notice. Pretty cutting edge 20 years ago or so.

Out of PHX, we run one mainline a day to IAD on the 319. This is a transcon turn for the seniors and a one day trip. ATL has 3 mainline flights a day, and also 3 flights to DTW from PHX all on A320's, and 1 DTW- LAS roundtrip.
Also we just started PHX-FAT on the 319 daily round trip this month. Added an AUS, SAT, and 2nd BUR from PHX too, all mainline. Why the got rid of BDF from PHX is beyond me??? Flights always full.

Latest posts