JetStream PIT?

Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Just traveled BOS-PIT on US Express operated by Republic (E-170) and was shocked to see the work performed by Jetstream not mainline US fleet. PIT is a mainline station why is this work being performed by vendors? Maybe dell dude or one of the PIT employees can comment.

Also the agents in PIT are very good. I quite like this airport and city its a shame they have cut so many flights and jobs. It's much nicer than PHL.

Josh

737823 said:
Just traveled BOS-PIT on US Express operated by Republic (E-170) and was shocked to see the work performed by Jetstream not mainline US fleet. PIT is a mainline station why is this work being performed by vendors? Maybe dell dude or one of the PIT employees can comment.

Also the agents in PIT are very good. I quite like this airport and city its a shame they have cut so many flights and jobs. It's much nicer than PHL.

Josh

You flew in on a vendor.  Republic is not mainline, and thus mainline mechanics do not work on Republic airplanes.  Your hatred of US Airways is noted.  By the way, American Eagle outsources stuff, too.

Reactions: 3 people
But how come at other stations mainline fleet handles express? Including hubs the E70/75 is handled by mainline.

Josh

737823 said:
But how come at other stations mainline fleet handles express? Including hubs the E70/75 is handled by mainline.

Josh

I thought Jetstream was a maintenance company.  Are you sure a mechanic wasn't looking at the airplane?  Are you sure you're not jumping to conclusions to get everyone riled up?

737823 said:
was shocked to see the work performed by Jetstream not mainline US

Josh
And your option is that the Passenger Service Agents and Ground work should be contracted out since the E175 is a vender ? to better pay MIA LAA agents

john john said:
And your option is that the Passenger Service Agents and Ground work should be contracted out since the E175 is a vender ? to better pay MIA LAA agents
That's more or less what I told Ellis, yes. It's not PIT I was referring to I meant stations like Myrtle Beach, Pensacola, Sarasota etc that see all Express flying yet have mainline agents making the same as the hubs.

Josh

So is is your option that express flights should not be work by mainline employees under the current contracts

First off I am not referring to your CWA agents but IAM fleet service. My understanding is PIT is a mainline station therefore that is and should be mainline work under the current CBA. Until yesterday I haven't been through Pittsburgh in years. But why should CWA keep agents in small Express stations that have no mainline flying? I flew Piedmont to MDT a few months ago and sure enough Harrisburg is a mainline CWA station.

Josh

737823 said:
First off I am not referring to your CWA agents but IAM fleet service. My understanding is PIT is a mainline station therefore that is and should be mainline work under the current CBA. Until yesterday I haven't been through Pittsburgh in years. But why should CWA keep agents in small Express stations that have no mainline flying? I flew Piedmont to MDT a few months ago and sure enough Harrisburg is a mainline CWA station.

Josh
john john said:
So is is your option that express flights should not be work by mainline employees under the current contracts

737823 said:

Josh
Because MDT receives a mainline aircraft (or at least it did a couple of months back).  As long as there is mainline service into a city, the CBA states that mainline employees (above the wing) work the flight.

it thinks express flights should not be work by mainline agents at the same pay and benefits

john john said:
it thinks express flights should not be work by mainline agents at the same pay and benefits
Well that's not the position of your union. Eula Smith made a video about how her twin sister works in MYR which is all Express and makes the same pay. And what will happen to the EN employees handling AA Eagle at MDT? The CWA will lose those dues.

Josh