How Obama repeatedly ignored warnings about ISIS

townpete

Corn Field
May 30, 2008
Another liberal narrative destroyed. lol

3 Times Obama Administration Was Warned About ISIS Threat

NYT: Defense Intelligence Agency warned Obama administration about ISIS in 2012

Since last spring the group, also known as ISIS or ISIL, has been expanding beyond its local struggle to international terrorism. In the last two weeks, it did that in a spectacular way, first claiming responsibility for downing a Russian planeload of 224 people, then sending squads of killers who ended the lives of 43 people in Beirut and 129 in Paris. As the world scrambles to respond, the questions pile up like the dead: Who are they? What do they want? Were signals missed that could have stopped the Islamic State before it became so deadly?
And there were, in fact, more than hints of the group’s plans and potential. A 2012 report by the United States Defense Intelligence Agency was direct: The growing chaos in Syria’s civil war was giving Islamic militants there and in Iraq the space to spread and flourish. The group, it said, could “declare an Islamic state through its union with other terrorist organizations in Iraq and Syria.”
“This particular report, this was one of those nobody wanted to see,” said Lt. Gen. Michael T. Flynn, who ran the defense agency at the time.
“It was disregarded by the White House,” he said. “It was disregarded by other elements in the intelligence community as a one-off report. Frankly, at the White House, it didn’t meet the narrative.”
No report or event can stand in hindsight as the single missed key to the now terrifyingly complex puzzle of the Islamic State.

Those are the shots, heres the chaser:

Press laughed off Romney's Mali terror warning in 2012

fast forward to 2015 and look where we are.

http://www.nytimes.com/.../mali-hotel-attack-radisson...

So its safe to say, Romney was right and things would be much different if he were elected.
There you go again. Every post it seems. Do you even read the articles you post? Where do you think Romney got the Mali terror idea from? Well it is in the article you posted:

Prior to the third and final presidential debate, Romney had received intelligence briefings from the Obama administration. It's tradition for presidential candidates to receive these types of briefings following their nominating conventions. A former Romney adviser later confirmed to BuzzFeed that Romney had indeed been given intelligence on possible terrorist activity in Mali.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/press-laughed-off-romneys-mali-terror-warning-in-2012/article/2576870

• Banned
Hatu said:
There you go again. Every post it seems. Do you even read the articles you post? Where do you think Romney got the Mali terror idea from? Well it is in the article you posted:prior to the third and final presidential debate, Romney had received intelligence briefings from the Obama administration. It's tradition for presidential candidates to receive these types of briefings following their nominating conventions. A former Romney adviser later confirmed to BuzzFeed that Romney had indeed been given intelligence on possible terrorist activity in Mali.http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/press-laughed-off-romneys-mali-terror-warning-in-2012/article/2576870
Comprehension is a foreign concept eh?

Romney took the threat seriously,

Obama, not so much as present day proof provides.

Romney got to score a debate point with one facet of a 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle, and never had to deal with the ramifications of a single word he ever said.

Obama had the reality of having to juggle a multitude of information sources and competing interests and sometimes diametrically opposed forces and interests.

And, of being criticized by TV and radio personalities who's only loyalty is to their checkbooks.

I'm not really defending him re Syria and / or ISIS, I think the response could have been much stronger militarily and even more especially politically.

Of course, I don't have the responsibility of dealing with the thousand piece puzzle either, do I?

• Banned
Ifly2 said:
Romney got to score a debate point with one facet of a 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle, and never had to deal with the ramifications of a single word he ever said.
Obama had the reali of having to juggle a multitude of informatin sources and competing interests and sometimes diametrically opposed forces and interests.
I'm not really defending him re Syria and / or ISIS, I think the response could have been much stronger militarily and even more especially politically.
Of course, I don't have the responsibility of dealing with the thousand piece puzzle either, do I?
Advisors and intelligence officials repeatedly telling him of the threat is not a "puzzle".

Tunnel vision Pete

There is a bit more going on in the world, and even just that little piece of the world.

Sometimes the obvious "thing to do" results in harm to our interests in other areas for other reasons. Invading Iraq and creating the power vacuum that allowed the birth of IS being a prime example.

Read yourself some Kissinger, or Robert Gates, or Genghis Kahn, or Jefferson/Adams and Co.

Or something...

• Banned
Ifly2 said:
Tunnel vision Pete
There is a bit more going on in the world, and even just that little piece of the world.
Sometimes the obvious "thing to do" results in harm to our interests in other areas for other reasons. Invading Iraq and creating the power vacuum that allowed the birth of IS being a prime example.
Read yourself some Kissinger, or Robert Gates, or Genghis Kahn, or Jefferson/Adams and Co.
Or something...
Your predictable pretzel twisting into knots defending dear leader is, well predictable.

At least you're consistent and unwavering.

Your inability to comprehend anything that requires more effort than repeatedly echoing your programmers is astounding.

I just said I think O should have responded more strongly, and more thoroughly, to this issue.

A few minutes ago.

He is not dear leader. He is the people's choice for president. I do not even particularly like him. Much rather have a beer and shoot pool with W, but it ain't about like.

• Banned
Ifly2 said:
Your inability to comprehend anything that requires more effort than repeatedly echoing your programmers is astounding.
I just said I think O should have responded more strongly, and more thoroughly, to this issue.
A few minutes ago.
He is not dear leader. He is the people's choice for president. I do not even particularly like him. Much rather have a beer and shoot pool with W, but it ain't about like.
That's why you always come to defend dear leader every chance you get.

No matter how absurd it makes you appear.

Not defending anyone or anything.

Simply pointing out the rest of the story, or some of it, when certain Borgish types parrot their own "dear leaders' " bs.

Notice you have not replied with a single word of coherent discussion or even a simple rebuttal of a single thing I have posted.

Just unfunny quips, name-calling and "lol".

• Banned
Ifly2 said:
Not defending anyone or anything.
Simply pointing out the rest of the story, or some of it, when certain Borgish types parrot their own "dear leaders' " bs.
Notice you have not replied with a single word of coherent discussion or even a simple rebuttal of a single thing I have posted.
Just unfunny quips, name-calling and "lol".
You mean that absurd story about puzzles?

Yeah, some real heavy lifting there.

Back